ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Cyber Games 2010: Acai28 wins!!! Finals vids up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlend92  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Fabio (caiomenudo13) competed at the same place as smoky?
Sparkage  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... and no.

The Brazilian finals were this weekend. Fabio won, and Sonic (the one who went to [s]Georgia[/s] ESWC) was 2nd. Both are going to LA.

At the same time, at the same place, the WCG Pan-American was going on. Fabio won, Smoky was 2nd, Shift was 3rd.

(on another note: Brazil pwnt this Pan. Won in GH, CS and Fifa. =D)
Erlend92  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, because I saw some of the GH playing live on a stream, and I didn't see smoky there :p guess he was there later.

So who is going to the real finals, Fabio and Smoky?

And still, I wonder when Norway is going to have qualification..
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you all had a good time down there. Any (decent quality) videos of any of the matches?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yep, they both. But not because of the qualification on Pan. Fabio won the Brazilian finals, and Smoky won the American (dunno if 1st or 2nd). That's why both Sonic and Shift are going to LA as well.

About the videos... don't have any by memory. All I remember is that http://wcg.terra.com.br was streaming live (in pt-br, although) and the samsungexperience's channel on youtube had some videos of all categories in Brazilian finals and WCG Pan.

Maybe later I'll get some pics also and post here.
Noite  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparkage wrote:
About the videos... don't have any by memory. All I remember is that http://wcg.terra.com.br was streaming live (in pt-br, although) and the samsungexperience's channel on youtube had some videos of all categories in Brazilian finals and WCG Pan.

The commentary was terrible anyhow, if you can watch it and not understand a thing, count yourself lucky :P

That's the one aspect I think they lacked on, FIFA's commentary was GREAT, I wouldn't ever think of getting a real soccer commentator for that, that was brilliant; but GH's.. ugh. The whole WCG was great to watch though, really well organized

Sparkage  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, I found the final match between caiomenudo and smoky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjrUQCyEb4

...oh, the controversal final.

The song was American Girl. Smoky with his wicked glitch, and caio with his iron focusing. Somewhere in the first minute, smoky choked on a SP triple; well, that landed him about 10k behind caio, which remained FCing the song.

So the solo came, and the sh*t happened: the TV flicked. smoky lost focus, missed a lot of notes, while caio kept playing, despite the TV bug. With smoky already messed up with it, he kept missing and complaining with the referee, while caio... kept going and opening an even larger gap between the scores. On further interviews, smoky said: "he was already head, so I decided not to complain".

Well, I thought that if he asked, the song would be replayed. But I don't think that the bug had changed the course of the match, so... well, screw it, Fabio won and that's what matters. XD

Noite: Yeah, I was on GH freeplay when the FIFA matches were going on. There was a real... uh... "narrador" (forgot the word in english) in there. It was awesome. XD
massi4h  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome guys, congrats to caiomenudo13, smoky and shift. I'm 99% sure I'm going now, but damn you 3 better all be in different pools (and not mine) lol. Hopefully I can convince Darkjyn to steal me a seeding since I won both pan-asias.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparkage wrote:
Quote:

Yep, they both. But not because of the qualification on Pan. Fabio won the Brazilian finals, and Smoky won the American (dunno if 1st or 2nd). That's why both Sonic and Shift are going to LA as well.

Hey hey now, don't be jumping to conclusions too quickly . The US nationals haven't even started yet. The ten US finalists are meeting in LA two weekends from now to see who's going back to LA for the worlds (it'll be top 2 from US going to worlds). The ten US finalists are witwix, Shift, schmegery, strykerx, Acai28, and (all from vVv ) smokyprogg, andpg09 (who's laspg09 on SH), GanonMetroid, HellAshes, and myself . Smoky's definitely a front runner since he won nats last year and has done ridiculously well in all these other tournaments recently, so it should be a good time.

In any case, absolutely amazing job to everyone, especially to the three medal winners. Hopefully more videos will pop up soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same names always at the top

Good luck to you all and wow I wanna see HellAshes play some guitar for once lol.

Knowing you all, this will just be crazy epic squeeze battles cause I know you can all FC all the WCG songs.
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

Hey hey now, don't be jumping to conclusions too quickly . The US nationals haven't even started yet. The ten US finalists are meeting in LA two weekends from now to see who's going back to LA for the worlds (it'll be top 2 from US going to worlds). The ten US finalists are witwix, Shift, schmegery, strykerx, Acai28, and (all from vVv ) smokyprogg, andpg09 (who's laspg09 on SH), GanonMetroid, HellAshes, and myself . Smoky's definitely a front runner since he won nats last year and has done ridiculously well in all these other tournaments recently, so it should be a good time.

Ima win

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^He's calling it like Joe Namath called the Jets winning Superbowl III.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Shift  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Los Tres Amigos. I almost died laughing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Tres Amigos wrote:
The Guitar Hero champion, Fabio Araújo Garden (Caio Menudo ") stops everything to talk to a tall, blond, and with one another, hairy glasses. Embraces the two foreigners. The scalp is Michael Isaac Najman ("Shift"), second in the last WCG world. The blond, funny, is Robert Michaels ("Smokey progg"), third. The three met during the competition, China.

They are friends? The Brazilian, with a smile, answered yes. Already Shift, New York, said: "Yes, we can say that. I have added Smokey progg Facebook.

Despite being runner-up, Shift do not think you have as good a performance in WCG Pan-American because it cuts out the little finger ("pinky") cutting frozen fish during the work. He expects a very tough competition.

Smokey Prog came with his girlfriend. She says she does not connect him to play much Guitar Hero. "We played Rock Band together. She plays guitar and I drum, "he says.

Smoky's blond and Shift has hairy glasses?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, the things google translate does. The original's very different as you might expect :P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: