ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League C (Medium) - Season 4 - Week 4 songs posted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saturnin55  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspense wrote:
Spent about 2 hours on the twist this week.. And completely owned it. Im positive I win this week on the twist song.

Hope you are right, but tinytimFTW said he started playing GH in mirror mode (I guess he's lefty and wasn't aware of the lefty flip option), so he'll probably submit a very high score too. I played SaD a couples of times.... started with really crappy scores then it got a little bit better, but it's a very average score, i'm not really happy with it but I don't feel like playing the twist a lot because I'm really not having fun with these kind of twists (mirror, opposite hand) even if I am somehow able submit interesting score at the end of the week, it's a waste of time imho (my gf says playing gh is a waste of time anyway lol ).

As for the other songs... I won't be able to play tonight and thursday and haven't played much earlier this week, so I guess the scores I have now are not winning canditates.
League C - S3 : 13th/19
Suspense  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i agree practicing on mirror is kind of pointless but I've been stuck on a few songs on hard trying to 5* and I can't beat jordan on expert..

The other three songs this week were really easy so I didn't have to spend much time on them because I don't squeeze so winning those songs won't happen I'll just be in the middle.

And I wanted to win a song for once so I spent my time practicing on mirror mode (for the one song, I can't do any others lol)
quovadis13  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three normal songs I am pretty pleased with right now. I have spent some time with the twist song and I have what I assume to be an okay score. I will probably spend some more time on it before I submit it, but if I can't improve upon it, I can live with what I have now.

I have a feeling that the twist could potentially shake things up a bit near the top.
Thanks rkuo for your awesome guide!

Ever wonder to yourself "I wonder how well quovadis13 is doing in Rock Band"? No? Well, click here anyways
tinytimFTW  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, any word on bracket size yet? (Hoping for 12, expecting 8)

My scores are basically final. Tomorrow's my first 18 holes of the year, so I'll be too sore to play. I might have a jam session early Saturday, but it won't do any good.

And I also decided that if enough C-Leagures agree to join me, I might as well do B League next year.
Suspense  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for 12 myself.. Im right on the border, and considering I missed the first week I'd like to be able to squeeze in there.. Im fairly confident that my scores this week will push me into the top 10 but Im still hoping for 12 player brackets.
MucusMaximus  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont squeeze either Suspense. I came close to working on it and then decided screw it. Looks like you wont be the only one somewhere in the middle. BTW TinytimFTW Even though I know Ill totally be at the botom next season I am definately moving up. Three cheers for last place WOOT WOOT.
Suspense  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably be heading to B as well.. even though this is my first season. I figure Hard will provide me with more to shoot for.. Right now I can FC just about any song on Medium with a few exceptions.. And I haven't even got 100% on a hard one yet (I've missed 2 or less notes on a few). So I figure it would be better to go to a league that pushes me towards getting better at the song rather than just getting FC after FC and trying to find a better path for points..

I'm having fun with the competition but some of you people are just ridiculous on the points your getting lol, I can't keep up
saturnin55  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MucusMaximus wrote:
I dont squeeze either Suspense. I came close to working on it and then decided screw it.

I try to squeeze on most activations, but sometimes I don't because I ruin my runs too often on some songs and just tilt (Fall of Pangea). A nice song to practice squeezing (not to listen at) is Yes We Can.

MucusMaximus wrote:
BTW TinytimFTW Even though I know Ill totally be at the botom next season I am definately moving up. Three cheers for last place WOOT WOOT.

You won't be alone I swear. I look at the current results of the B league, and I'd be last in almost every songs by a mile But I'll learn from that experience and I'm aiming at being midly competitive in the B League only for season 6 (middle of the pack). At Hard, I don't care yet of SP paths and squeezing, just trying to not miss too many notes is enough and on some song I have to keep my SP to survive tough sections. lol Squeezing is of no use if you're not hitting everything hehe
quovadis13  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saturnin55 wrote:
MucusMaximus wrote:
I dont squeeze either Suspense. I came close to working on it and then decided screw it.

I try to squeeze on most activations, but sometimes I don't because I ruin my runs too often on some songs and just tilt (Fall of Pangea). A nice song to practice squeezing (not to listen at) is Yes We Can.

MucusMaximus wrote:
BTW TinytimFTW Even though I know Ill totally be at the botom next season I am definately moving up. Three cheers for last place WOOT WOOT.

You won't be alone I swear. I look at the current results of the B league, and I'd be last in almost every songs by a mile But I'll learn from that experience and I'm aiming at being midly competitive in the B League only for season 6 (middle of the pack). At Hard, I don't care yet of SP paths and squeezing, just trying to not miss too many notes is enough and on some song I have to keep my SP to survive tough sections. lol Squeezing is of no use if you're not hitting everything hehe

You'll get better at hard faster than you might think. It isn't the trickiest stuff in the world. You just have to get used to the orange fret and then you have to be pretty decent at the HO/PO's. Once you get those two basics down, you should be allright in Hard.

I am definitely signing up for B league next time around. I should be somewhere near the middle of the group, but depending on the song, I could potentially land a top 15 spot here and there.
Thanks rkuo for your awesome guide!

Ever wonder to yourself "I wonder how well quovadis13 is doing in Rock Band"? No? Well, click here anyways
tinytimFTW  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I guess I'll move up. Still hoping for a BB league though.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys definitely should move up, because the leagues are definitely incentives for continuing to improve at the game. Plus, you'd be surprised how well you might do! There aren't many players in the B league who can FC songs right now, and if I remember, only about 12 of 50 managed to 5* Carry Me Home...and that was in week 2! So, you've definitely got a chance.

Good luck to all of you guys for the playoffs this season, do rabies and yourselves proud and battle it out in style.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
MucusMaximus  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say Im having a blast with the twist. It is definately living up to its name for me. I start blazing through a decent run and then completely fall apart. Its frustrating and abit funny. After awhile I cant do anything right and Im wayyyy to screwed up to go back to normal so it becomes a wash. Think I may have to concentrate on the others and just hope ebeyone else sucks just a litle bit more than i am on S&D. As for hard league. I still cant even pass all thesongs yet but all things in time. I probably wouldve by now except for the fact that Im spending so much time on medum right now. Which isnt a total loss by any means because so far on all songs Ive beaten my best so at the very least I am honing my skills for the big time.
Suspense  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent soo much time on the twist that day that it amazed me when I finished it.. Everyone will see come a few days... I've also played medium quite a few times in mirror mode anyway when me and some friends were fucking around trying to give challenges to each other..

I'd say for future reference on a twist like that try to learn the song by color instead of where the notes are and you'll be amazed how much easier it is.
saturnin55  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspense wrote:
I'd say for future reference on a twist like that try to learn the song by color instead of where the notes are and you'll be amazed how much easier it is.

yes, i think it's the way I use. I have to think really hard about the color of the notes coming... "red red red".... then I might have a chance to press the red fret (or the yellow lol) I have problems with the GY chords of this twist (think there is 3 sections with those). I almost always miss them, pressing RB on the first few GY chords :/ Anyways, I'm keeping the score I currently have and won't try anymore on the twist for this week. If I'm in the middle of the pack I'll be happy.
MucusMaximus  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scores submitted. Im happy with the 3 norms but the twist was straining my wittle head. Now all I can do is hope for that I dont have a much worse week than expected and look toward the playoffs. Good Luck to everyone and no matter how it all shakes out thanks for being part of this season. All the competition definately made me step my game up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: