ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: Metallica Expert Guitar FC Breakdown (WIP)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: GH: Metallica Expert Guitar FC Breakdown (WIP) Reply with quote

Okay... I'm gonna take the first crack at this. If anything seems out of place, please tell me

1. Mother of Mercy- Basic chords, no solo, some 8th's but nothing you'd call fast.

2. For Whom The Bell Tolls- See these buttons? How bout that strummer thing? Can you use them? If yes, here's your FC.

3. Turn The Page (Live)- Good song, but boring and repetitive. If you can stay attentive through the whole song, the FC is yours.

4. No Excuses- Trill, couple little hammer-on sequences that may trip you up. Easy still.

5. The Unforgiven- Basic HO/PO's and chords throughout, solo may be hard for beginners but is simple.

6. Nothing Else Matters- Very long. VEEERY long. Extended sustains make it easy to miss.

7. Stacked Actors- Fun for an easy song, one little fast strumming run in the "BIZOW" part

8. Albatross- Pretty easy outside the solos, which have some confusing sections.

9. Tuesday's Gone- Easy, but there are some tricky parts and it's loooong.

10. No Leaf Clover- Couple little rapid-fire runs in the solo, but nothing too difficult.

11. King Nothing- Slow main riff, slow licks, easy overall.

12. The Memory Remains- Some awkward HO/POs throughout, but nothing too hard at all.

13. The Boys are Back in Town- Some quick strums, mostly easy stuff here.

14. Toxicity- Weird strumming patterns all over, easy to miss.

15. Enter Sandman- Some strumming in the solo, but pretty down-tempo and easy.

16. Demon Cleaner- Boring, easy to choke on.

17. The Thing That Should Not Be- Slow, but there is that solo.

18. Armed and Ready- Zigzag can give you fits.

19. Sad But True- Solo has some awkward stuff with chords, but it's not fast.

20. Orion- Alt-strumming in riff and last solo, but a fairly basic song.

21. Fuel- Mix of strumming and HO/POs could be tough for some.

22. Stone Cold Crazy- Way easier with hyperspeed, very short and fun.

23. Mommy's Little Monster- Strummy and frustrating, like a harder One-Armed Scissor

24. Hell Bent For Leather- Not as hard as it looks.

25. Blood and Thunder- Not as easy as it looks.

26. Beautiful Mourning- Off-beat strumming and some weird riffage, but nothing overly hard.

27. The Black River- Gallops. First solo is kind of tricky I guess.

28. War Inside My Head- Tough fills and ending.

29. Frantic- Strumming with hammerons in it. Easy to miss.

30. Fade To Black- Long, but easy outside the solo which isn't bad either.

31. Ace of Spades- We've all seen it before, but this is probably the hardest version.

32. Wherever I May Roam- Mini-trills and slide in the solo.

33. Creeping Death- Fairly fast riff with weird HOPOs, strummy break in solo and chokeable end trips.

34. Am I Evil?- Long, has fast strumming and medium difficulty solo.

35. The Shortest Straw- You can miss anywhere. And the solo is no pushover.

36. Mercyful Fate- Not any one hard part, but it's 11 minutes and it's Metallica.

37. Seek And Destroy- Easy, then there's the solo. Have fun.

38. Battery- Way easier on the GH engine. Descending trips in solo could be tough.

39. Evil- Nothing overly hard until the tapping solo, but that is hard to get used to.

40. Whiplash- Yikes at Breakneck Solo C

41. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)- Easy, easy, easy, wait... WTF?

42. Master of Puppets- Solo, rest of the song is no pushover.

43. Hit the Lights- Solo 2... What the hell is that?

44. Fight Fire With Fire- Burning riff, it's all missable.

45. All Nightmare Long- LOONG. Lots o' strumming and soloing.

46. Disposable Heroes- Solo has strums all over the place, and tricky strumming all over the whole song. This one's a doozy.

47. War Ensemble- Easy solos, but the rest of the song isn't.

48. Dyer's Eve- Just the trips. Oh yeah, and the rest of the song too.

49. One- What did you expect? It's easy outside of FSA, but good luck with that.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)

Last edited by banjokazooie on Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 am; edited 12 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Master of Puppets is a bit too high on that list; it's not THAT hard. The riff is simple and I can FC the first half of the solo, the only tough part is that last part of the solo.
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
I think Master of Puppets is a bit too high on that list; it's not THAT hard. The riff is simple and I can FC the first half of the solo, the only tough part is that last part of the solo.

I realize this, but what do you switch it with? I can't think of an easier one below it.

Best FCs-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:
9001 wrote:

I realize this, but what do you switch it with? I can't think of an easier one below it.
I know I'd definitely put ANL in front of it but I'm not sure what else should.
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
banjokazooie wrote:
9001 wrote:

I know I'd definitely put ANL in front of it but I'm not sure what else should.

Alright, I can see that. Switched

Best FCs-
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* finally. It took you guys long enough. It's already been, what... a week? It took the community 2 days to FC the game, how come the breakdown took so long?

No, I kid. The breakdown looks pretty accurite, that's pretty much the order I got them. I say The Unforgiven should be a little easier, (I got it on my sightread) but no real issues here. Good work!

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disposable Heroes should be 46, under War Ensemble and Dyer's Eve.

Sanitorium isn't that hard, Whiplash solo is 100X harder than this strumming.

Evil shouldn't be under Mercyful Fate, it should be at least #40.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Disposable Heroes should be 46, under War Ensemble and Dyer's Eve.

Sanitorium isn't that hard, Whiplash solo is 100X harder than this strumming.

Evil shouldn't be under Mercyful Fate, it should be at least #40.

From my point of view, Dyer's Eve is simple. Once I learn the descending trips, I can FC that song.

Sanitarium's strumming I would say is harder than the Whiplash solo. The only hard part of Whiplash is the descending trips in BSC, which I have hit before. I can't touch WH(S)'s strumming yet...

I have FC'd Evil twice and still can't get MFM yet... I'm close, but I think Evil is easier.

Thanks for the opinions though, I'll wait for a few more before I make changes though.

Best FCs-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Whiplash is harder to FC than Welcome Home. Whiplash has a tough solo and fast strumming throughout the entire song.
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
I think Whiplash is harder to FC than Welcome Home. Whiplash has a tough solo and fast strumming throughout the entire song.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference here, I mean, there are only 3 FC's of WH(S) at the moment on 360. If one more person says this I'll change them, but for now Whiplash is easier.

Best FCs-
Adohu  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good list from what I can see, but I would change a few things.

I think Ace of Spades should be probably right above Frantic at #31.

The Thing That Should Not Be is MUCH easier than where it is, it's basically just slow trills. I'd put it right above Hellbent For Leather.

I'd put Wherever I May Roam above Am I Evil?, mainly due to the quick OYO Y R or so tapping sections. They are actually pretty tough.

Mercyful Fate should be above Evil. The only thing hard about the song is that it's 11 minutes.

I think Master of Puppets should be between Battery and Whiplash. Easy riff once you get the hang of it, and the solo is surprisingly easier than it seems.

I'd put Welcome Home (Sanitarium) below All Nightmare Long. I still haven't hit that strumming section to this day, and I've tried a lot. It's an absolute mindfuck.

Disposable Heroes should be above War Ensemble. The strumming is a lot easier than it, and the triplet section really isn't anywhere as fast as Dyers Eve's trips. The rest of the solo is pretty easy as it is.

Those are just my suggestions. :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
Pretty good list from what I can see, but I would change a few things.

I think Ace of Spades should be probably right above Frantic at #31.

The Thing That Should Not Be is MUCH easier than where it is, it's basically just slow trills. I'd put it right above Hellbent For Leather.

I'd put Wherever I May Roam above Am I Evil?, mainly due to the quick OYO Y R or so tapping sections. They are actually pretty tough.

Mercyful Fate should be above Evil. The only thing hard about the song is that it's 11 minutes.

I think Master of Puppets should be between Battery and Whiplash. Easy riff once you get the hang of it, and the solo is surprisingly easier than it seems.

I'd put Welcome Home (Sanitarium) below All Nightmare Long. I still haven't hit that strumming section to this day, and I've tried a lot. It's an absolute mindfuck.

Disposable Heroes should be above War Ensemble. The strumming is a lot easier than it, and the triplet section really isn't anywhere as fast as Dyers Eve's trips. The rest of the solo is pretty easy as it is.

Those are just my suggestions. :3

I personally think DH is in the right spot, but as I've said before I want the list to reflect the community's opinion. Thus, if that's the consensus I'll move it. The thing about DH is, it's 8 and a half minutes, with no easy section to speak of. The triplets aren't Dyer's Eve but they are there, and can break up an FC. A song that long with that much strumming is very hard to FC. War Ensemble (to me) has 1 hard part, the GY strumming riff, which appears 3 times in the whole song. I'm not saying that's my next FC but I think that I can get it eventually.

And bold=my opinion. I've tried that strum so many times, and I still can't get it. Don't know why.

As for MoP, I'm very close to FCing Battery (CHOKE 20 NOTES FROM END) and Whiplash (-5 in the trips), but I'm not too close to even getting the solo consistent, and I always miss somewhere in the rest of it, even if it's not hard.

Best FCs-
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thing That Should Not Be shouldn't be #30 just because of a brief solo >_> I've even FCed it.

Frantic is also a lot easier than where you have it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
The Thing That Should Not Be shouldn't be #30 just because of a brief solo >_> I've even FCed it.

Frantic is also a lot easier than where you have it.

this. I almost FC'd TTTSNB sightread, and most of the song is like closer difficulty. Frantic is also easy once you figure out the strumming rhythm. Ace of Spades, for example, has awkward strumming and chord changes throughout the song, and there's one part in the solo that is pretty fast (some wierd chord changes there, as well.) so yeah, just move those two up (as in easier) is all I can say. once I've played most of the songs, I'll have some better imput...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've FCed the Sanitarium strumming on my third try, and twice in a row . I couldn't get the Whiplash trips even on Slow.

There is only one "really hard" part in Disposables Heroes, and that's the gray desc. trips. Sure, they may be harder than Dyer's Eve's trips, but it's much easier to miss in Dyer's eve strumming than on Disposables Heroes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: