ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 PC running badly on a $2000 gaming rig

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enginn  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: GH3 PC running badly on a $2000 gaming rig Reply with quote

Okay I built myself a gaming rig for $2000: HD 5870, i7 920 and 3x2gb ddr3 1333mhz ram and this game runs horribly while I'm running crysis on ultra high. If I force 3d clocks on the card then the game only uses about 1-6% of the card and if I don't force 3d clocks the card is at 2d clocks (157/300). I turned Vsync off in CCC and yet my game only runs at 60 FPS stuttery as hell and just horrible all over. All help appreciated.
Vendetta  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this'll work, but it's worth a try. Seems to have helped a lot of other people.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97532&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
ExileLord  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCC doesn't do anything for GH3. You'll have to disable it by other means such as 3DAnalyze.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExileLord wrote:
CCC doesn't do anything for GH3. You'll have to disable it by other means such as 3DAnalyze.

And how would I do that in 3dAnalyze? I can't find the option to do that.
CaptainToasteh  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've downloaded 3D Analyze, just click "Select" and find your GH3.exe file. When you've got that loaded, there's some settings that you've got to apply, and here are mine for reference, and this seems to make it so GH3 runs really well without lag, but it essentially removes the background completely.

Performance Column:
Disable Lighting
Disable Two-sided Stencil

Hardware Limits (Cap-bits) Column:
Emulate HW TnL Caps

Pixel and Vertex Shader Column:

Skip pixel shader version 1.1
Skip pixel shader version 1.4
Force low precision pixel shader

Remove Shuttering Column:
Performance Mode

Z-Buffer Column:
Force 16bit Zbuffer (without stencil)

VendorID:4318
DeviceID: 592

Again, these remove all graphics except the fretboard and notes, so I'm not sure if you intend on running it with graphics or not. For me, I don't really care about having a black background. Also, I honestly have no idea what these settings due specifically, I found this in another guide and experimented a little.
TehJlo  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: GH3 PC running badly on a $2000 gaming rig Reply with quote

Enginn wrote:
Okay I built myself a gaming rig for $2000: HD 5870, i7 920 and 3x2gb ddr3 1333mhz ram and this game runs horribly while I'm running crysis on ultra high. If I force 3d clocks on the card then the game only uses about 1-6% of the card and if I don't force 3d clocks the card is at 2d clocks (157/300). I turned Vsync off in CCC and yet my game only runs at 60 FPS stuttery as hell and just horrible all over. All help appreciated.
Um.

1. "game runs horribly WHILE I'm running Crysis on ultra high." Well, there's your problem.

2. "and yet my game 'only' runs at 60 FPS." Human eye can barely detect the difference between 60 FPS and higher, so what's the problem? To answer the "stutteriness," refer to above.

You're not more than one person, why would you have Crysis on at the same time, let alone on ultra high?
Enginn  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3 PC running badly on a $2000 gaming rig Reply with quote

TehJlo wrote:
Enginn wrote:
Um.

1. "game runs horribly WHILE I'm running Crysis on ultra high." Well, there's your problem.

2. "and yet my game 'only' runs at 60 FPS." Human eye can barely detect the difference between 60 FPS and higher, so what's the problem? To answer the "stutteriness," refer to above.

You're not more than one person, why would you have Crysis on at the same time, let alone on ultra high?

Excuse me for being Icelandic and typing up that sentence in a hurry, I'm obviously not running Crysis at the same time. And the human eye works differently from a screen, stop saying 60FPS is the same as 250FPS I notice the difference in games. It's a lot more smooth.

CaptainToasteh wrote:
If you've downloaded 3D Analyze, just click "Select" and find your GH3.exe file. When you've got that loaded, there's some settings that you've got to apply, and here are mine for reference, and this seems to make it so GH3 runs really well without lag, but it essentially removes the background completely.

Performance Column:
Disable Lighting
Disable Two-sided Stencil

Hardware Limits (Cap-bits) Column:
Emulate HW TnL Caps

Pixel and Vertex Shader Column:

Skip pixel shader version 1.1
Skip pixel shader version 1.4
Force low precision pixel shader

Remove Shuttering Column:
Performance Mode

Z-Buffer Column:
Force 16bit Zbuffer (without stencil)

VendorID:4318
DeviceID: 592

Again, these remove all graphics except the fretboard and notes, so I'm not sure if you intend on running it with graphics or not. For me, I don't really care about having a black background. Also, I honestly have no idea what these settings due specifically, I found this in another guide and experimented a little.

That made the game run at 30FPS, this game is starting to piss me off.
TheMagician  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that the game lags at 60FPS is because of the engine. It lags even at 250FPS and above for me. Truthfully 60FPS and 250FPS are the same for human eye, your monitor also probably only updates the screen 60 times a second, so they are same, but the engine is just super bad so that's why it lags even at really high FPS.

I'm getting similar gaming rig: Core i7 930, 3x2GB DDR3 1333/1600MHz, Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire (Crysis, you will kneel before me). Right now if I try to record with Fraps with my current rig* it lags like CRAZY, because Fraps limits the FPS to pretty low, looking forward to hopefully record HD video...

* GeForce 8800 GTS 512, Athlon 64 X2 Dual 3800+ 2.0GHz, 4x512MB DDR2 200MHz (=POS). Game runs fairly smoothly at 250-500FPS with V-Sync off and black background.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMagician wrote:
The fact that the game lags at 60FPS is because of the engine. It lags even at 250FPS and above for me. Truthfully 60FPS and 250FPS are the same for human eye, your monitor also probably only updates the screen 60 times a second, so they are same, but the engine is just super bad so that's why it lags even at really high FPS.

I'm getting similar gaming rig: Core i7 930, 3x2GB DDR3 1333/1600MHz, Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire (Crysis, you will kneel before me). Right now if I try to record with Fraps with my current rig* it lags like CRAZY, because Fraps limits the FPS to pretty low, looking forward to hopefully record HD video...

* GeForce 8800 GTS 512, Athlon 64 X2 Dual 3800+ 2.0GHz, 4x512MB DDR2 200MHz (=POS). Game runs fairly smoothly at 250-500FPS with V-Sync off and black background.

Fraps actually makes the stuttering better for me and keeps it at 60 stable for some starnge reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: