Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Robert Pattinson isn't playing Kurt Cobain In Nirvana Biopic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el-ton  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Robert Pattinson isn't playing Kurt Cobain In Nirvana Biopic Reply with quote

Quote:
Twilight actor Robert Pattinson is set to play Kurt Cobain in a film about the late Nirvana frontman, it's been reported.

Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, who is an executive producer on the project, has apparently made the actor the "number one choice" to play her former husband.

Love is also understood to be targeting actress Scarlett Johansson to play her in the movie, tentatively titled All Apologies.

"This is a big money deal for Courtney," a source told The Sun newspaper.

"She has agreed to the film on condition that she gets to decide the main aspects of the project including director, casting, screenplay and music."

Pattinson, 23, is said to be keen to take up the role due to his interest in music.

"Robert has been calling and emailing her non-stop," the source added.

"She has been a bit wound up by his manners, but he is her number one choice to play Kurt. She is adamant Scarlett will play her."

Cobain, who along with Nirvana popularised grunge music in the early nineties, committed suicide in 1994.

Details about a film, thought to be based on Charles Cross’ 2001 biography, Heavier Than Heaven, first emerged in 2007.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/55712/Robert-Pattinson-To-Play-Kurt-Cobain-In-Nirvana-Biopic

Yep... what do you think?

Quote:
Courtney Love has dismissed reports that she was targeting Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in a forthcoming biopic.

Last edited by el-ton on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that this will be....

Not good.

And I mean that in the least flame-baiting way possible.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/facepalm

walk away Demon, just walk away....
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's gonna play Grohl and Novoselic? :P
But in seriousness, Pattinson could pull off the look, but not so much the part. I'm not sure, but I won't shoot him down for Twilight.
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone says anything...

Movie producers aim to please not one specific crowd (a.k.a. Nirvana fans), but the majority of the world (a.k.a. Twlight/Robert Pattinson fans). Having Robert Pattinson play the main role as Kurt Cobain is bound to get a ridiculous amount of people to see the movie (thus, more money). Think about it for a second. If YOU were to be a movie producer, would you choose the option that will earn you more money, or less money?

As for Pattinson's role, I think he'll either nail it or blow it entirely. He could be a good Cobain, or he'll just be his ol' Gay Vampire self and fail. I, to be honest, think he'll do just fine.

Quote:
Pattinson, 23, is said to be keen to take up the role due to his interest in music.

That's good news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do know that he doesn't only play as vampires, and that none of his characters are gay, right?
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this is his redemption....

or his ultimate fall from the public eye.....

but then to be recognized again by 6 years old girls everywhere when Eclipse comes out.
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
You guys do know that he doesn't only play as vampires, and that none of his characters are gay, right?

Yeah. I was making a joke -_-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
Yewb  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope for Pattinson's sake that this goes well. I think he'll do well, to be honest - he's a very good actor. I'm actually really excited for this - as an amateur lyricist, I'm a huge Cobain fanboy, and I'll definitely be checking this out when it comes out.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this role would be kind of a "make or break" type role...If he pulls it off then it'll be good publicity by him and probably gain him ALOT more fans.

whereas if he fails at it then...well he's condemned to featuring in terrible teen flicks like twilight (may anyone who's seen that film have mercy on their poor tainted soul)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice make kurt cobain a gay sparkling vampire

Raikri999 wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Fun Fact: I am not obsessed with Dream Theater (nor Metallica). Yay for being part of a %1 percentile!
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metaloid wrote:
nice make kurt cobain a gay sparkling vampire

OpenYourEyes wrote:

I'm really hoping that you were just being funny.

Because it kind of was.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an odd side note. Robert drives the same car in the twilight movies as Kurt Cobain drove. (A silver Volvo)

My opinion toward the decision. I don't like the twilight series, but I am sure he is not a bad actor. I don't think it will be that bad.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
blackout4  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally cant wait for the movie. it will open more people to nirvana and i think it will be fun to watch.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great, now I'm gonna see Nirvana stuff everywhere more than before lol Combining Twilight with Nirvana...A match so powerful, nothing can stop it D:

EXCEPT FOR THE METAL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: