ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Shuma and Jill are out)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
Swiss cheese infinite combo, way to go capcom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtKOnKPX_Zo

Time to learn Spencer?
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Anyone having issues getting in/getting that first hit in? It seemed a lot easier in Vanilla. I just can't seem to get in at all, and no I am not referring to using broken Wolverine - I mean with a lot of people. Maybe I just suck... well ok I do suck.

Any tips? I don't want to be a whore and use Frank's assist as my primary way to get in... I'd like a legit way to try to open someone up. ^_^

If you're going up against someone that knows how to block, then relying on assists is pretty much your only option outside of your character's own cross-ups. Especially if they lack a command overhead or a fast air one.

That being said, a LOT of people online like to hold down back or jump back, so get good at instant overheads and air grabs.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox 360 players:

I am doing a room tonight at 7:30 EST. This will be a private lobby. Basically a bunch of people having fun playing around with the game. Add me on Xbox Live, and shoot me a message to get invited. Also, anyone can invite anyone else if so desired.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Xbox 360 players:

I am doing a room tonight at 7:30 EST. This will be a private lobby. Basically a bunch of people having fun playing around with the game. Add me on Xbox Live, and shoot me a message to get invited. Also, anyone can invite anyone else if so desired.

I'll be at a concert. =/

EDIT: Also, Hawkeye's slide might as well be the most broken normal in the game. Ho. Ly. Shit.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe Next time
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random all was too fun! Gotta do it again sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been here in ages but there's some weeeeeeeird stuff going on in this thread.

Frank bad? Noooooo, With the right team you can get him to Level 5 without even having him involved in the match, combine that with a top 5 assist...

Level 5 Frank has everything, he can confirm every hit, overhead, low, air hit, throw, air throw into 700K + damage for one bar without even using an assist or doing anything technical. Plus matchups vs large characters are pretty much 9-1 in his favour since he has a third screen distance instant overhead.

Even if your plan A does fail and you have to rock with Lv.1 Frank for a while, he's not THAT bad, he still has good overheads against bigger characters, his jumping normals have great hitboxes, his zombie throw is plus on block for pressure/beating push block. Once you get that hit and can get to Lv.2 then you can start playing assist+roll games and he has a solid mixup.

And really, people complaining about Phoenix Wright? He's probably bottom 5 in this game. The invincible assist is the LEAST he should have for the amount of work he has to put in just to become a real character, not even a great one.

I was hella salty about Vergil in the first week of the game but really, everything he does is unsafe. It's just soooo hard to punish him online and his limbs are so good that you end up getting counterhit all day, play a Vergil offline though and you start to see whatsup. The only real problem with this game is Lv.4 Wesker, he has everything but you don't have to level up him to get there, just let your other two characters die.

Also, just putting this out there. Dark Phoenix should be stronger.

Anyway, i'm playing Nova (Overhead)/Frank (Shopping Cart)/Doom (Beam) at the moment. I only picked this team up yesterday so i'm pretty terrible at the moment (Not to mention i've not played Marvel for months AND i'm switching to a different button config and keep hitting A2 instead of launch) but it's a fun team.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
Random all was too fun! Gotta do it again sometime.

Definitely soon, that was a LOT of fun. I am pretty terrible at the game, but it was fun beating GetThere1Time once with my team. I somehow managed to land Felicia command grab, Ammy cold star assist, air combo into super.

That lag tended to be really bad last night at least for me performing moves, felicia's air dive just wouldn't come out, same with Skrull's Meteor smash. I had to instantly super as soon as it landed without knowing if it hit or not, due to it. I also couldn't seem to land the launcher after Firebrand's command grab last night, in which I do 95% of the time in single player/training/missions.

All in all, other than pretty much getting owned hardcore and for some reason everyone in the party kept on dropping/reentering, it was an absolute blast.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard that Combofiend is gonna drop Nemesis for Nova, so out of curiosity i tried out Nova/Spencer and hooooooly shit. Ludicrous damage. Long Nova combo into his ground pound OTG + Spencer grapple assist + Crumple (H) Human Rocket. What's that game? Hitstun scaling? No thanks i'll just crumple people instead.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
I just heard that Combofiend is gonna drop Nemesis for Nova, so out of curiosity i tried out Nova/Spencer and hooooooly shit. Ludicrous damage. Long Nova combo into his ground pound OTG + Spencer grapple assist + Crumple (H) Human Rocket. What's that game? Hitstun scaling? No thanks i'll just crumple people instead.

Nova by himself is just ridiculous. I was practicing his fly/unfly H loops and the damage is unreal. I'm very surprised he's not as popular out of the gate as some of the others. I think it's due to people having to get used to which moves take his red life.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nova looked a lot better in the his preview videos than he actually is, i think he'll level up to be a solid top tier character but i think a lot of people probably picked him thinking he was gonna be a classic tri-jump character, when in reality his air dash is kinda bad and he has no fast low.

Also try out the Human Rocket L loop, that does even more retarded damage

Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, have you got the H loop midscreen? I'm struggling with the timing.

clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hey! I was told to post around here yesterday. Anyway, my Internet is currently balls until we switch back to Comcast on Sunday. I've been playing a heck of a lot more SSF4AE, but I should get back to
UMvC 3 every once in a while. Half the time its my brother on, he's got a real good zoning/offense/chip team. Anyway, I'll stick around
Sottle  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i think i'm changing it up to Nova/Frank/Hawkeye, i don't think Doom is gonna be a good anchor once people start respecting the dive kick, and i think Greyhound works better for roll mixups with Frank so i'm gonna switch (not that i think Hawkeye is a great anchor either)

Also, someone managed to purchase 10,000 MS points on my account yesterday, so my XBL is currently locked out pending investigation. Meaning i'm stuck playing endless sets against the CPU in training mode

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm LOVING how MODOK feels in this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: