ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Shuma and Jill are out)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
I got Fanatiq to change his button config last night on his stream, he swore there was no way to map 1 button x-factor. My only regret is that with his gambling addiction i totally could have milked some cash out of him.

Also anyone see Combofiend's Nova rip through the entire Loser's bracket on Wednesday? Hoooooly shit.

I had an early day Thursday, so I didn't see too much more than SCV on WNF. ChrisG is winning in NY laming out Morrigan.

I plan on moving out soon, and then I can start playing again (hopefully seriously). I can't now for the main reason that I can't use my joystick at all. My brother sleeps till 10pm then goes to work, and my mom goes to bed at 9pm. Where I am at, when everything is off, it is dead silent. Joystick button hits carry in the house.

Once that happens, I am looking at maybe laming out Morrigan for a while. Thinking something along the lines of Morrigan/Ammy (cold star assist)/Super-Skrull.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A summary from the matches between Sottle and myself:

Me, using Vergil / Nemesis / Wesker: "HOLY SHIT LAG CAN'T DO ANYTHING NEMESIS IS NOW DEAD WEIGHT NO COMBOZ WORK OMG FUUUUUU!!!!"

Sottle, using Nova / Frank / Hawkeye: "Lol fuck this lag mah characterz be lag proof like those free confirms of dat 3/4 screen slide bro?!"

Yeah. Lag sucks. We didn't even lag in matches back in vanilla. So much for a better netcode.

GGs though, Sottle.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the lag making you press unsafe Nemesis launchers and whiff full screen stingers? :p

Nah, it was pretty laggy, i abandoned trying the H loop pretty early and stuck to the basic fly combo and i definitely could not do tri jump L. To be fair i've had a lot of shitty connections tonight, so it's probably just my connection being tempremental.

And yes, Nova slide is godlike, don't whiff anything, ever. It makes usually safe strings unsafe because you can pushblock and punish the next whiffed move super easily. Frank and Hawkeye have pretty much the same thing, it's awesome

Also some weird shit was happening with the hitstun, i dunno if i can blame it on the lag but Nova S was whiffing in situations where there was still plenty of hitstun left for it, and my incoming mixup with the slide wouldn't work because Jab wouldn't link to H, which it always, always does. Dunno...

Anyway, GGs, keep working on that DSP impression "I can't do ANYTHING".

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Was the lag making you press unsafe Nemesis launchers and whiff full screen stingers? :p

Nah, it was pretty laggy, i abandoned trying the H loop pretty early and stuck to the basic fly combo and i definitely could not do tri jump L. To be fair i've had a lot of shitty connections tonight, so it's probably just my connection being tempremental.

And yes, Nova slide is godlike, don't whiff anything, ever. It makes usually safe strings unsafe because you can pushblock and punish the next whiffed move super easily. Frank and Hawkeye have pretty much the same thing, it's awesome

Also some weird shit was happening with the hitstun, i dunno if i can blame it on the lag but Nova S was whiffing in situations where there was still plenty of hitstun left for it, and my incoming mixup with the slide wouldn't work because Jab wouldn't link to H, which it always, always does. Dunno...

Anyway, GGs, keep working on that DSP impression "I can't do ANYTHING".

Dude you have no idea. The lag was so bad on my end that my random stingers were products of dash -> j. fwd H to try and hit you out of air dash / air grab you. Ridiculous. And my random tentacles came out of nowhere, too. Nemesis just doesn't have the speed in his normals to play in that lag.

But yeah, I'm not going to say that it's all lag. I'm incredibly rusty and you've been playing since Vanilla! I got rid of mine way long ago. We should do some random sets soon. No top tier whoring (from both of us haha). =P
Sottle  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i mean i don't have anyone top tier on my team to start with, but ok

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiridion wrote:

Me, using Vergil / Nemesis / Wesker: "HOLY SHIT LAG CAN'T DO ANYTHING NEMESIS IS NOW DEAD WEIGHT NO COMBOZ WORK OMG FUUUUUU!!!!"

Sottle, using Nova / Frank / Hawkeye: "Lol fuck this lag mah characterz be lag proof like those free confirms of dat 3/4 screen slide bro?!"

Do you honestly believe any of this? Vergil is the only charecter on your team that requires any timing unless youre doing nemmy relaunch combos, and nova fly-unfly/frank west level up tech/hawkeye self otgs are all pretty timing dependant...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
Enchiridion wrote:

Do you honestly believe any of this? Vergil is the only charecter on your team that requires any timing unless youre doing nemmy relaunch combos, and nova fly-unfly/frank west level up tech/hawkeye self otgs are all pretty timing dependant...

You're like the guy that comes in at the end of a conversation and assumes he knows everything that was said, only worse.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

except nothing i said is false!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to play tonight, need something to tear my away for grinding FFXIII-2 for absolutely no reason.

Sottle  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone made this neat little tier list generator thing. Guys on FGTV last night got in a massive argument about it, so i figured i'd make my own and see if it generated some discussion here.

http://tinyurl.com/7mzopcg

Thoughts?

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to pick this up upon my friend's urging. Holy sweet Jesus-fuck, Batman. I am absolutely horrible at this game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
I decided to pick this up upon my friend's urging. Holy sweet Jesus-fuck, Batman. I am absolutely horrible at this game.

Welcome to the club. I am decent at MvC2, and this game... I just can't get into it. Like... I'm alright, I can finally do relaunch combos, but compared to what I am seeing on stream... its just bleh.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then get the fuck online you two and let's train!
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiridion wrote:
Then get the fuck online you two and let's train!

I like this idea. I have a 4 day weekend from Friday to Monday. I have a rave Fri night, but the rest of the weekend I'm set.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down to play this weekend if our time zones match up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: