ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Today is Pac-Man's 30th birthday! Post your scores here!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Today is Pac-Man's 30th birthday! Post your scores here! Reply with quote

Go play some pac-man today!

Now, time for some secrets.

Go to www.google.com there's a playable pac-man inside of google.

EDIT: Got more info.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-31739-Denton-Arcade-Game-Examiner~y2010m5d21-Google-celebrates-PacMans-30th-birthday-with-fully-playable-logo

It apparently has a kill screen, and has the same exact behaviors as the original pac-man. Awesome!

Ever since they released the Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga machines, they seem to be replacing the original cabinets. Now, here's a secret: You can play regular pac-man on it!

You put in your quarters. Before you press start on Ms. Pac, put in this code.

On the joystick, tap: Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left. You'll hear an extra life noise.

Press start, and instead of play Ms. Pac, you're playing regular pac-man!

Happy Birthday!

Last edited by Squirrel on Fri May 21, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday big guy! You have brought many people fun and laughter, here's to another 30 years of activity!

EDIT: WHOOOOOA, you can play 2 players at google. Wow. Controlling both at the same time should prove challeneging.
basst777  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very fucking odd. Google Chrome is my primary internet browser. But before I opened it can SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE FUCK THE PAC MAN MUSIC PLAYED? Now its just making a siren noise. I Literally JUST turned on my computer.
EDIT: Im on facebook, formspring, and scorehero. No other programs are open.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basst777 wrote:
This is very fucking odd. Google Chrome is my primary internet browser. But before I opened it can SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE FUCK THE PAC MAN MUSIC PLAYED? Now its just making a siren noise. I Literally JUST turned on my computer.

That's pac-man playing in the background. I just had a call into work about the same thing, woman's like, why am I hearing sirens when I turn on the internet? I rofl'ed.
basst777  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
basst777 wrote:

That's pac-man playing in the background. I just had a call into work about the same thing, woman's like, why am I hearing sirens when I turn on the internet? I rofl'ed.
But it isnt funny after 5 minutes. Im starting to get a headache How do I turn it off?
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basst777 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
basst777 wrote:

But it isnt funny after 5 minutes. Im starting to get a headache How do I turn it off?

I don't know... I don't use chrome.
basst777  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
basst777 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
basst777 wrote:

I don't know... I don't use chrome.
Just closed chrome to see if that was it but it wasn't. Ill restart my computer I guess..
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my current high score, still trying to beat it.
Is anyone else running into a small glitch where you occasionally run right through the ghosts like they're not even there? It doesn't happen very often, but I've seen it occur a few times. It's weird.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCBetz wrote:

That's my current high score, still trying to beat it.
Is anyone else running into a small glitch where you occasionally run right through the ghosts like they're not even there? It doesn't happen very often, but I've seen it occur a few times. It's weird.

That's true to the arcade. It has to do with the flicker of the ghosts/pac-man. There's no flicker now but they kinda simulated it.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basst777 wrote:
Just closed chrome to see if that was it but it wasn't. Ill restart my computer I guess..

And that's why you shouldn't use Chrome

When I visited Google on my PSP, I saw that the name for the Google logo image was "Pac-Man's 30th anniversary!" and I was like "Oh, it's Pac-man's birthday, huh?" and when you posted this thread, I wasn't at all surprised lol. I was surprised that you could play Pac-man on Google, though.

You know, since you told me that code, I'm curious about trying it on these machines that may or may not still be at this one laundromat. If I can go there, and if it works, I'll take some pictures and post them here . It might take a while, though. Does this code work on both the new and old ones?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
basst777 wrote:

And that's why you shouldn't use Chrome

When I visited Google on my PSP, I saw that the name for the Google logo image was "Pac-Man's 30th anniversary!" and I was like "Oh, it's Pac-man's birthday, huh?" and when you posted this thread, I wasn't at all surprised lol. I was surprised that you could play Pac-man on Google, though.

You know, since you told me that code, I'm curious about trying it on these machines that may or may not still be at this one laundromat. If I can go there, and if it works, I'll take some pictures and post them here . It might take a while, though. Does this code work on both the new and old ones?

It only works on the Ms. Pac/Galaga machines. The original Ms. Pac-man is only that.

Munzapoppa  

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed how the pac-man music plays even if you're not on google? It's getting really annoying. And when you go back to google to play the game, it plays the music at a different time than it is already. Someone screwed up there.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the posts about it above. Has anyone found a way to fix this. I saw on one site that someone said to download something from noscript.net and use it to disable google, but I don't want to download it just to fix this problem.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munzapoppa wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how the pac-man music plays even if you're not on google? It's getting really annoying. And when you go back to google to play the game, it plays the music at a different time than it is already. Someone screwed up there.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the posts about it above. Has anyone found a way to fix this. I saw on one site that someone said to download something from noscript.net and use it to disable google, but I don't want to download it just to fix this problem.

I use chrome, and I'm not hearing anything related to pac-man unless I'm on google's webpage
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50560, could've been higher. I had about 45000 with two lives left and screwed it up.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In english today, we were working on our final project in the computer lab and I was playing this instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: