ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Suggesting a sticky (password recovery)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Suggesting a sticky (password recovery) Reply with quote

I think there should be a sticky in this forum about the procedure to recovering your password, seeing as how the password recovery is disabled. Every once in a while, a thread like this one pops up, with the OP asking why they can't recover their password. A sticky describing what, in this case footballtom3685, instructed would prevent not only unnecessary threads, but more importantly, unnecessary user names, from being created. I just don't think it's right to offer a password recovery system that does absolutely nothing, not only wasting the user's time, but giving them false hope that they will be able to get back into their user name. You also have to consider the user who may be too afraid to make a new name in order to inquire about getting back into the old one, since it's been explicitly stated that an individual is allowed only one user name, and they don't want to potentially get in trouble, maybe even get the account they are trying to recover banned.

In short, I believe a sticky should be created (and immediately locked) stating something along the lines of the following (copy/pasted directly from tom's previously mentioned post):

Potential sticky wrote:
The forgot password feature is disabled, but you can use this method to recover your password:

1. Go to http://www.scorehero.com/password-encrypt.php and enter your password

2. Copy the results and e-mail them to admin@scorehero.com. Include your username in the e-mail.

JC will handle the rest, I'm not exactly sure what the procedure is but you should expect a follow up e-mail shortly with details on how to get back into your account.

UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support this idea. That kind of sticky could be really helpful, and actually I didn't even know the function was broken nor about the real way to recover password.

Did you post this idea in the Uservoice?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. The instructions for this process have never been as visible as they should be.

Rather than a sticky, I've updated the reset password pages directly with the proper instructions as can be seen here:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/profile.php?mode=sendpassword

The e-mail server is intentionally disabled for the time being so automated resets are not possible, but it was wrong of me to leave up the default page with a reset process that doesn't work. Thanks for bringing this up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried that method and i still can't get into my account.When i made my account i used a differant email address that i forgot the password to,i am unable to get into my account as that i can't get into the email address i created it with
XxIronManxX2  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: They should have a forgot password? Reply with quote

I accidentally deleted my browser history and I tried to logg in and It didn't work and I have all my web user and passwords written down and i've have used it to logg in earlier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: