Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NBA Thread: Playoff Time!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackmav41  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: NBA Thread: Playoff Time! Reply with quote

Well today (like everyone in the world knows) Lebron James signed and goes from the Cleveland Caveliers to the Miami Heat. I just want to know if I'm the only one how doesn't think it's a good trade.
Personally, I don't think it's a good trade, being that I'm a Mavericks fan and I CAN'T STAND the Heat. I thought he would have done better in Chicago because they would have an unbelievable starting 5. Your thoughts.

<- NTSC FTW!!!!

Last edited by jackmav41 on Sat May 05, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 286406839581
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he really traded? I mean, he was a free agent, so wouldn't he be that he signed with the Heat?

" [insert name here] is now officially a Miami Heat fan"

I saw this seconds after he announced this on facebook. I raged so hard at my computer screen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he didn't go to NYK or Cleveland.

Also, I feel bad for Antwan Jamison; he comes to Cleveland, hoping to be LeBron's sidekick and win a title, then LeBron ditches him in less than a year and he's stuck with a bunch of scrubs that's even worse than the Wizards.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't traded lol. It's called free agency.

I love it, this coming from a Pittsburgh guy, who hates cleveland and everything about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Was he really traded? I mean, he was a free agent, so wouldn't he be that he signed with the Heat?

" [insert name here] is now officially a Miami Heat fan"

I saw this seconds after he announced this on facebook. I raged so hard at my computer screen.

Sorry I keep forgetting that he wasn't actually traded lol.

<- NTSC FTW!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 286406839581
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank God get him out of here
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to turn the other thread into an all-purpose NBA thread, but this will do. Like I said there, I don't think this will work as well as it should on paper. Problem is they'll be the only 3 good players on that team...and virtually no bench. The other two on the starting five won't even be that good. I just see this becoming a giant egofest, too much for the Heat to handle, and they won't be able to gel together as well as say, the 2008 Celtics did. With that team, that big 3 didn't have as much sheer raw talent, which I think helped them work together easier. If LeBron, Wade, and Bosh can't work together as well, they won't win anything. If they CAN work great together, then shit, everyone else is pretty fucked if the other two starters are even remotely decent.. >_> I hope this team falls flat on its face, however, because I can't stand superteams like this. I guess it's better than the Knicks, Nets or Bulls, though.

I think Cleveland has a right to be livid, and I think what LeBron did was just plain stupid. To me this whole hour-long special is just ego-driven, attention-whoring, and unnecessary. Doesn't seem very classy to me. The Cavs owner is pretty open about his anger and passion about this situation, although saying that the Cavaliers will win a title before the Heat do with LeBron...lol, wake up from dream land.

I will admit that leaving the state he had such a bond with, taking at least $30 million less, and being able to sever ties with the fans he completely mesmerized, certainly proves he wants to win at any cost, though.

On an unrelated note, reports are saying Shaq wants to join the Spurs...god no, stay the fuck away from here you washed-up loser hypocrite(Shaq always had shitty things to say about this city). The Spurs just need to bring over Tiago Splitter from Spain already.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
retop56  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH he probably should have gone with the Bulls. They already have a playoff team and if they added LeBron James they could easily have been a threat to win the East. He joined a Miami Heat team with essentially no bench. I guess we'll see how it plays out from here on and what the front office does to build up around the new "Big 3". As far as him leaving his hometown, it kind of sucks but at the same time he has his eyes set on a title and to him Miami was the best choice for him to accomplish his goal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this will work out for better. LeBron and Bosh both seem to know how it feels to play with virtually no one helping you out, and I am sure they are dying to play with these guys to lighten the load a little bit. Dwayne Wade knew what it was like to play with a younger Shaq, and then it was taken away, so he is probably thirsty for some help too. LeBron seems like he just wants a title so he can be recognized as one of the best. I don't think he cares about scoring titles or anything like that at least for right now. If they can get one ring, I think everything will work out from there.

As for the rest of the team, I think the Heat will be able to find at least one veteran who doesn't have a ring and would be willing to play for a championship for a low salary. I think DaSean Butler will turn out to be a really good player in a few years, but I am biased because I love WVU. I just see this whole thing working out because LeBron is the one with the biggest ego who could ruin this thing, but I think he doesn't care what it takes as long as he gets a championship ring.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I've heard, all three players ar looking to take less money to makemore cap room to get some bench players. Also, they could always trade one of their more paid picks (I forget the name, but there is one guy who is making 5 Mil) and get 2 or 3 bench players there.
EDIT: Michael Beasley's the guy and he was just traded to Minne.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beasley's been traded? Wow, IMO that makes the team weaker.

Anyways, I'm obviously a Bulls fan and in the hours leading up to the decision, when they announced he was leaning Heat, I was disappointed but not as much as I could be. I'm happy with our roster anyways.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
stumper93  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from a person that knows nothing about the NBA, I liked what I saw someone else had written on the internet.

"I respect Lebron for leaving Cleveland, I don't respect the way he did it."

I mean, come on, having an hour long special on ESPN just to announce where you're going to sign?

As a hockey fan, I better not see Ilya Kovalchuk do the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole thing was overblown to the extreme and everyone needs to shut the fuck up about it. Including you, SportsCenter.

Having a 1 hour show for you to say a sentence? Seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with everyone who's saying ESPN blew this all out of proportion, LeBron's an attention whore, etc. The only positive thing that came out of the 1 hour special was that he donated all the money gained from it to charity. But looking at the Heat bench, assuming they aren't able to resign Haslem, Arroyo, and Richardson, it just looks very weak.
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayyyy too much drama for just picking a team =P
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: