ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Street Fighter X Tekken/Tekken X Street Fighter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito wrote:
So, after much thought I pre-ordered the game, while I'm not big on the 123 combos, the thought of finding and experimenting with this combo system is really exciting.

I was iffy on the gems, but they don't honestly seem that bad (obviously we can optionally use them, but lets be honest, online you're gonna HAVE to use gems), they have criteria and they only last a certain amount of time. Besides, it seems the really good gems require an activation of Pandora, I'm ok with a huge risk/huge reward system.

Plus scramble mode looks fun as hell and I'm really liking the roster thus far.

I can see us having a LOT of fun with this.

2v2 Scramble Scorehero battles.

I'll preorder very soon.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito wrote:
So, after much thought I pre-ordered the game, while I'm not big on the 123 combos, the thought of finding and experimenting with this combo system is really exciting.

I was iffy on the gems, but they don't honestly seem that bad (obviously we can optionally use them, but lets be honest, online you're gonna HAVE to use gems), they have criteria and they only last a certain amount of time. Besides, it seems the really good gems require an activation of Pandora, I'm ok with a huge risk/huge reward system.

Plus scramble mode looks fun as hell and I'm really liking the roster thus far.

I basically agree with everything here, except I'm still not sold. 123 combos are lame as hell, but the "do a combo that actually takes skill, spend a meter to call your partner in and do another combo that actually takes skill" aspect is interesting and seems like a lot of fun. I'm glad they took out the free ABCC -> partner -> ABCC shit.

I still don't like gems. Not even a tiny bit. Reminds me too much of perks and killstreaks. I don't think anyone that is able to block 5 of my attacks should get a damage boost because of it. That just inspires more people to turtle and lame you out. Oh well. If I get it, I'll learn to deal I suppose. Fighting games should stick to life bars and meter bars and very little else, IMO.

Scramble mode looks fun for like 10 minutes. I've played an online version of SFxX-men and it had what was basically scramble mode which boiled down to either both members of the team spamming projectiles and then supers if you got close, or both spamming berserker-barage type attacks so that you were basically always in block stun until you died. Fighting games are more focused on balance, now, so that might be remedied, but I still don't see it as being a mode that could be competitive in any way. Not that I'm trying to be, but losing to random shit is only funny for so long.

The only interesting characters on the roster for me are on the Tekken side because I've never played them. I'm not a Rolento fanboy and have zero desire to play the tranny now that I've seen a lot of her gameplay, so everyone else is basically a repeat. I main Dudley and Rose in AE because I don't like much of the other cast members, so neither of them being there colors me even less interested. It is said on the leak list that a Dudley / Elena team will be released, though. And if that's true, I'll pre-order. Hahaha.
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only interesting characters on the roster for me are on the Tekken side because I've never played them.

This is pretty much the case for me, too.

I kind of like Cody, and Poison might be cool since she seems like Terry Bogard, but that's kinda it. Elena might be cool, but I never really played her in SF3.

I just wanted Alex ;_;

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOUBLE POST YEAH

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/playstation.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MFkGo-hsCY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHA HAAAHAHAHAH THIS IS THE BEST

Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once in my life, I am SO glad to be getting the version without the extra characters.

Every time I see that pic of megaman, I want to cry. Even worse are his cheesy lines that he says during the match.

Capcom just officially trolled the entire fighting game community.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to understand capcom these days is really hard for me, it's like they're trying their hardest to make sure this isn't a tournament worthy game, then adding a bunch of shit aimed almost directly at FGC, like button check at charecter select screen, pause prevention, and the "tournament mode" patch. idk man, idk . At least the game still looks fun as hell despite all the trolling.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny part? This was apparently Inafune's idea at least a year ago. I can see how it would kind of sting now though, with the timing and all.

daevlol wrote:
Trying to understand capcom these days is really hard for me, it's like they're trying their hardest to make sure this isn't a tournament worthy game, then adding a bunch of shit aimed almost directly at FGC, like button check at charecter select screen, pause prevention, and the "tournament mode" patch. idk man, idk . At least the game still looks fun as hell despite all the trolling.

It's like this is the game where Capcom decided to throw in all of their ideas. There's stuff for just about everyone. The stuff you mentioned for the hardcore players, and then things for newcomers like tutorials, customization (through colors and ~GEMS~), the whole easy input/macros thing, and then even good ideas in general like the extra modes and stuff like online training mode.

The problem is that a lot of the main attractions for the newcomers are just bad ideas and in the end are crutches that won't help them with anything else, and it won't stop them from finding something to complain about once they realize they can't whine about shit like SHORYUKEN MOTIONS ARE AN ELITIST ENTRY BARRIER anymore while everyone else sighs because it makes the rest of the game look like a joke piled under a bunch of mechanics no one wants.

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that terrifies me the most is that Ono actually said that he thinks that the gem idea or "ways to make the same character different for each person" is going to be the path that he continues down from this point onward.

That's fucking scary.
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not the worst of ideas but gems are sort of the worst way to go about it

stuff like grooves/arcanas/moons are a great way to have different versions of characters for all kinds of things

Incognito  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlannelJacket wrote:
its not the worst of ideas but gems are sort of the worst way to go about it

stuff like grooves/arcanas/moons are a great way to have different versions of characters for all kinds of things

I second that motion, grooves made CvS2 sooooooo good.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirded. I loved grooves, although I only every used the one that you could roll in.... and I sucked something awful at CvS2.

Gems just seem like they're a bi-product idea from the same minds that thought Wesker's glasses were a good move. Everyone in SFxT might as well be wearing sunglasses.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, i've watched all the preview streams this week. After the Fingercramp one, the Machinima one and the UK one, i thought the game sat somewhere between stupid and boring.

After the WNF one, i have to say. I'm excited again, this actually looks really, really promising to me now.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems like it's kind of gone back around to looking somewhat enjoyable since pandora/gems/cross assault look pretty inconsequential

hell if gems were just the default loadouts I'd almost like the idea of straight up speed/damage/defense boost choices when you pick characters (although I still think it's shit tier when it comes to the idea of 'customization')

the only remaining problems are that visually and soundtrack-wise the game is ugly as FUCK (why is everyone greasy??) and that apart from combos the game speed is literally sf4 but that could change once people start figuring out how it all works

so far poison is the only character I really think I'll play since she's like Terry. maybe hwoararararang since he reminds me of Kim in some ways

also the way things are looking we might be expecting a good amount of DLC down the line which is good or bad depending on how you look at things

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Level Up Your Game video that came out today made this game a buy for me. Went out and pre-ordered it today. The Tekken characters and their ridiculous combos just look so incredibly creative. Like Flannel, Poison is the only one that I want to play around with at all. Juri / Rufus / Akuma MIGHT be interesting... Oh well. At least I have a whole side of the cast I've never played before (except Julia, who is just Yun and Yang combined). =P

Looking forward to some SH 2v2s online!
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://andriasang.com/con01l/vita_sf_x_tekken/
Quote:
The PlayStation Vita version of Street Fighter x Tekken won't make it out alongside the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions on March 8. Capcom said today that Vita owners will have to wait until Fall.

But portable players can look forward to some big bonuses. The Vita version will have twelve additional characters. The Street Fighter cast will be updated with Elena, Guy, Cody, Sakura, Dudley and Blanka. The Tekken side will be updated with Alisa, Christie, Jack, Bryan, Lars and Lei.

Capcom did not share screens of the new cast members today.

man capcom is sucking sony's dick hard lately

hopefully they just put these all in one convenient download package for the consoles eventually but being capcom they probably wont

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: