ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Starcraft II - NASL going strong, thread going strong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralph54  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! I was pretty excited when StarCraft II came out ! But for some reasons, I didn't buy it :/
I just wanted to know, does it worth it ? Because I restarted playing some warcraft III RoC and The frozen Throne, it's still fun even if it's mega old

So, as I am an old player of warcraft III and StarCraft I, (Old, but I suck haha) I wanted to know if it's worth buying. Or if I should buy StarCraft I again (My dog literally eat my copy of it <_<)

Thanks

I'm french, I'm not really good in english ^^'
My Gamertag : Ralph54472
My youtube account : http://www.youtube.com/user/Sevla54
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been laddering a lot and used up my bonus pool, and I went from silver to plat in about a week

I'd say all the time I've spent watching the GSL, Day[9] Dailys, and streams on TL has paid off. Also, switching to toss probably helped, I can't play as patiently as Terran has to in the late game.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph54 wrote:
Hi ! I was pretty excited when StarCraft II came out ! But for some reasons, I didn't buy it :/
I just wanted to know, does it worth it ? Because I restarted playing some warcraft III RoC and The frozen Throne, it's still fun even if it's mega old

So, as I am an old player of warcraft III and StarCraft I, (Old, but I suck haha) I wanted to know if it's worth buying. Or if I should buy StarCraft I again (My dog literally eat my copy of it <_<)

Thanks

You'll find a LOT more people playing on SC2 than 1, and it's just as good if you were to ask me, small balnace issues aside (which will end up being fixed sooner or later) it's a really fun game! (my computer is actualy under minimum specs so i can't really comment on single player as my computer wants me to die every time I try)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Ralph54
I'd definitely get SC2 over BW. Its only really the hardcore BW players who haven't moved over to SC2, but SC2 is much better for the casual gamer, its got easier mechanics, better graphics and more people playing.
Ralph54  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
Ralph54 wrote:

Thanks

You'll find a LOT more people playing on SC2 than 1, and it's just as good if you were to ask me, small balnace issues aside (which will end up being fixed sooner or later) it's a really fun game! (my computer is actualy under minimum specs so i can't really comment on single player as my computer wants me to die every time I try)

Unpur3 wrote:
@Ralph54
I'd definitely get SC2 over BW. Its only really the hardcore BW players who haven't moved over to SC2, but SC2 is much better for the casual gamer, its got easier mechanics, better graphics and more people playing.

Ok thanks ! I'm gonna get it ASAP, also, is there still some mods like tower defense ?

I'm french, I'm not really good in english ^^'
My Gamertag : Ralph54472
My youtube account : http://www.youtube.com/user/Sevla54
daevlol  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of UMS/custom maps in SC2, in fact SC2's map editor allows for a much much wider variety of custom games inside of SC2's engine then brood war ever could have. Remember this game came a good deacde after it's first game. :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a million TD games, I really don't see the big appeal of them...
daevlol  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted Jinro to win, but oh well...go MVP! I think MKP is a hack whose style won't last long due to the predictability of it. Marines can only get you so far, buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
There are plenty of UMS/custom maps in SC2, in fact SC2's map editor allows for a much much wider variety of custom games inside of SC2's engine then brood war ever could have. Remember this game came a good deacde after it's first game. :p

SC2 UMS maps remain far from their true potential. In fact, I won't even beat around the bush here, most of them are trash. That isn't to say SC had no trashy ones, but you would think that with the robustness of Galaxy Editor, SC2's UMS community would be shining a whole lot brighter right now.

Blizzard is partly to blame. Map makers have silly obstacles they need to get around, one of the lamest being that they're limited to a total of 50mb spread across 10 files at most, with no single file being larger than 10mb. Because of this, it becomes pretty much impossible to make a truly large and exciting project, such as a fairly involved mod.

There's still a lot to be learned when it comes to Galaxy Editor though. I'd give it a few years before we start to see what UMS maps can really do.
Chise  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
Chise wrote:
At first, I didn't like IdrA either because he complained so much. But I guess most Zerg players will come to a point where there is nothing but frustration, because you are vulnurable to everything as a Zerg, which is just no fun at all.
I can absolutely understand IdrA.

I'm sorry, but this entire post is made irrelevant by the fact that Idra was a BM asshole long before SC2 ever existed and Zerg wasn't unbalanced in any way.

This is pretty much the most stupid argument I've ever read.

Besides that, if you ever listened to what IdrA has to say when he's not raging, it absolutely makes sense. It's not as if his raging has no reason, he can explain it pretty well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRheYNwLWk4&feature=player_embedded
daevlol  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how exactly is that bad argument? your argument was that his rage is justified because his race is less likely to win, but he was known for being a jerk who raged all the time (APOLOGIZE TO ME FOR PLAYING THAT RACE!) before SC2 and therefore "imbalance" was any issue..I fail to see where my argument is bad. I have nothing but respect for Idra's talent at the game, he just needs an attitude adjustment.

Also, if there's anyone who understands rage at video games, it's me, so it's not like I don't understand the rage, but he needs to NOT BE BAD MANNERED before I respect him fully. The rage itself has very little to do with why i dislike him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdrA has really calmed himself down in the last 6 months or so. I've always enjoyed his playstyle and I didn't mind the BM so much just because it added some variety into the community (if everyone just solemnly typed out gg every game and went on their merry way, life would be boring). I can understand why people wouldn't hop on that bandwagon though.

But recently you see very little BM. He still complains about balance here and there (his Artosis interview was proof of that), but he makes less bold games and doesn't usually insult the integrity of players (unless it's someone like bitbybit who deserves it). And now he's doing the whole production thing with streaming at night and taking questions, I dunno. It's pretty cool, I think he's maturing a bit now that he's had some success and he's figuring out that fans are worth having. If nothing else, it's been an interesting transition to watch.
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love catching people off guard by attacking with nothing but marines. Marines are definitely, financially-speaking, the best unit in the game
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on Team Liquid they were adding some new maps and modified some others for the team leagues. Sounds very interesting to me
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djWheat posted some 3v3 games with Idra and wacksteven; Here's Game 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAU44PCVc4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: