ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Unofficial Monday Night Combat Thread(SMNC RELEASED on Steam!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I win anything?
soundbarrier4  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a Tank lately and I've been having more kills than deaths lately.

Gold: Speed
Silver: Clip Size
Bronze: Armor

Been working out very well for me.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: soundbarrier4SH
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got into the Super Monday Night Combat Invitational (Which is basically a closed beta for it) and I'm downloading it on steam right now. Anyone else get it? Click here to sign up for it!

From the welcoming e-mail I got, it definitely seems like it's adjusting towards the traditional MOBA genre than the first (I know they added more focus on actually farming bots instead of just running around killing people).

Here's the "Beginner" tips they give in the email

Quote:
We'd like to welcome you to Super Monday Night Combat and the Closed Invitational Forums. As you are about to find out on your own, "The Rules Have Changed" significantly. Because the transition from MNC to SMNC can be a bit rough, We thought it would be helpful to post a list of tips and suggestions to follow in game and on forum. Hopefully these tips will make your gameplay experience a bit more enjoyable for not only you, but the small group of other players as well. Enjoy!

Money = Experience: This means any money earned from killing pros, bots, and picking up coins will become experience. Coin drops give significantly less experience than pro and bot kills, but do give a noticeable edge if you continuously collect them.

Avoiding death is top priority: Because money equals experience, every time you die to an opponent you are "feeding" them. Die enough to one player and you will find that he will have a significant level advantage on you two fold, due to the facts that you have been handing over kills and because you haven’t been leveling off bots. Having high earnings means nothing if you have fed the opponents.

Do Not Over Extend: With the extremely increased health. The low lethality creates a false sense of invincibility to many new players. It isn't worth running too far behind the enemy lines to finish a kill if you end up dying for it. You must learn that conserving your self is a huge priority. Since respawn times get longer as the match goes on, you put your team at a disadvantage every time you die.

Kill bots: NOT JUST THE ASSASSIN ANYMORE! In the beginning of the game, every person should be killing bots and playing conservatively to gain levels. Ignoring bots will quickly cause you to become under leveled, and you will have a significant disadvantage the rest of the game.

Tap bots: While it is vital to kill bots to progress towards enemy turrets, if you’re not in a position to kill a bot entirely, make sure to at least hit it with skills/weapons. “Tapping” a bot will give you the experience it would normally give out for the next 5 seconds following your damage, and it is an essential tactic if you want to try and gain an advantage over opponents. While you can tap Shadys, Fujis and Jackbots, the cash rewarded from killing a slim but only goes to the player who kills it.

The Juice has changed: Don't expect to go god mode with your juice anymore. Juice no longer will instant heal you and gives no armor bonus. Juice will give you a damage bonus, a speed boost, and massively increased health regeneration (as long as you aren’t attacked/burning). You can also use it to break out of any grapple, but it will use up nearly all of your juice.

Beware of the edge / Keep an eye on the ejectors: Every One Hit Kills (OHKO) death has been removed except for ring outs. It's important to stay away from the edge of the map since an enemy can easily catch you off guard and get a free easy kill simply by ringout. Pay attention to the ejectors. Ejectors kill many unaware players. It can be avoided by simply staying away while ejector is off CD.

Check the annihilator: Can't stress this one enough. The annihilator can be game changing. The cool down on the annihilator is five minutes. As a contributing member of your team, it's important to be defending the annihilator at least 15 seconds before the cool down is up.

Grapple / avoid grapples: Every class has one. Grappling is very important in this game. It can be used for many situations. Use it to hold down an escaping opponent. Use it to contain a juiced enemy. Use it to protect an escaping ally. Use it to cancel annihilator activation. Since this move is so effective against the enemy, you should avoid getting close enough to be grappled by your opponent.

Don’t be discouraged: There’s enough new mechanics to this game where being good at MNC won’t carry over to being good at SMNC. Just hang in there. we promise that this game is fun once you’ve learned how to play it.

Monitor your HUD: You need to check your HUD frequently to check the status of bot lanes, to watch the health of friendlies, and to make sure your moneyball is shielded. It is essential to stopping backdoor maneuvers.

Adjust for Team Composition: 2-3 assassins is no more effective than it was in MNC. Before locking in your pro, take a look at what everyone else wants to play. Typically the only pros necessary on the team are a healer, veteran, and second enforcer (heavy). It will only benefit you to learn to play multiple pros. Choosing pros that help create a diverse composition will only benefit your team.

The spawn room heals: Running into the spawn room will rapidly heal your pro. Many times, instead of risking death, it is better to run back to spawn and heal up. It's better to spend 15 seconds running to the spawn and back than dying and suffering a 30 second penalty. However, it should be noted that spending too much time running to the base will drain cash and experience gained, meaning repeated returns will leave you outleveled and outgunned.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for it, every change sounds like an improvement over its predecessor (which I loved to death but haven't played in a while). Hopefully I'll be able to get in soon. Only problem is I'm hella bad at MNC.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Eyce  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played it a month or so ago, I find it a little less enjoyable than MNC on the basis that I'm not really a fan of the MOBA genre.

It does feel far more balanced, however.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
Played it a month or so ago, I find it a little less enjoyable than MNC on the basis that I'm not really a fan of the MOBA genre.

It does feel far more balanced, however.

As long as every other person isn't an Assassin, it will be better than the first lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I got my invite today, and I got in, and the first thing I noticed was, there isn't much games going on. As in, it takes 15 minutes to find enough players for a game. And that's playing in the most popular server area.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got 2 beta invites in my Steam Inventory if anyone wants them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is the beta on for? And could I have an invite please?

Steam account is steve_o_57, feel free to add. =)
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Qarx  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take one of those invites if you're OK with me not playing it until I get my computer back . (btw, that will be anywhere from a little less than a week from now to a little less than 3 weeks from now XP). You already have me on Steam, but I'll put it here anyway if anyone else wants to play lol: Qarx64.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAME IS LIVE!

Apparently, it got released early on Steam by complete accident, but the Devs decided to just go with it, haha. Free to play now!

Side note: LOTS of bad people on right now. In the past two games, I've had 4 leavers, a 1/18, 1/13, 1/10, and a few 0/8 0/9.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone actually still play this? I've been playing as Leo (Because he looked different than the original MNC heroes) and he's a TON of fun. His lane pushing ability is INSANE (Buff your own minions while taking control of theirs and blowing up their whole wave? Yes please). Not to mention you get a turret that acts as a recall button (Has saved me many times). His alt fire on his main weapon also heals you and your teammates and does pretty decent damage close up.

Even though I think he is built for a pushing/support, I've been going 9-0 or better on him consistently. It's crazy.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how faceroll she is, Megabeth is INSANELY fun.

Been playing with a couple of friends on LAN today and it's been a laugh, though I wish I could go a game without there being at least one leaver. I think the introduction of TF2 hat rewards for playing SMNC has attracted an influx of retards.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
I don't care how faceroll she is, Megabeth is INSANELY fun.

Been playing with a couple of friends on LAN today and it's been a laugh, though I wish I could go a game without there being at least one leaver. I think the introduction of TF2 hat rewards for playing SMNC has attracted an influx of retards.

We should play some time.

Yeah, the amount of leavers and just plain bad people is unbelievable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: