ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Dead Rising 2: Case Zero Reply with quote

Anybody pick up the Case Zero demo/prologue today (well yesterday)?

I bought it today and played it quite a lot. I just recently got off after getting all the achievements. Let me just say that the new shooting mechanics make the game so much more enjoyable. It may seem simple to just be able to walk when you aim and shoot, but after playing Dead Rising 1 again recently I must say it's a welcome addition and makes the first one seem so outdated.

Anybody who's interested in Dead Rising 2 should definitely pick this up. It may seem strange pay $5 for a demo, but it's more than any demo before. I sort of like this thing Capcom started, and I hope more companies follow suit.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this game was being delayed... Now I know what to do when I get home. Can't wait for this game. I'm still undecided whether to get it for PC or 360 though, 20 euros is quite a bit of money.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man is the main game going to be good. This Prequel is great. You get at least 4 to 5 hours of play from just 400 points (Thats if you replay it a couple times and you will) and it gives a great example of what to expect at the end of the month with full game.

My only gripes is that the loading is too slow, framerate does crawl a tad when your shotgunning into large crowds, and no sprint makes some long walks rather tedious, cause apparently, motorcross champ Chuck Greene can't be bothered to hustle his around faster than a light jog lol
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Man is the main game going to be good. This Prequel is great. You get at least 4 to 5 hours of play from just 400 points (Thats if you replay it a couple times and you will) and it gives a great example of what to expect at the end of the month with full game.

My only gripes is that the loading is too slow, framerate does crawl a tad when your shotgunning into large crowds, and no sprint makes some long walks rather tedious, cause apparently, motorcross champ Chuck Greene can't be bothered to hustle his around faster than a light jog lol

Well once you get the main game he will be able to walk faster. Since one you reach a certain level you walking speed levels up, sadly it didn't in the demo. Frank was also pretty damn slow in the beginning of Dead Rising 1. If you want to go faster you could put bacon and pie in the blender where you get the waitress suit. That will give you a handy quick step potion.

The loading would bother me if I had to load when I went into any building. But the only time you have to load is before a cutscene and when you enter or leave a safehouse, other than that all the buildings are ready to go. That makes the load time bearable.

Last.FM|Facebook

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failed to save Katey on my first attempt at the game, I gave the zombrex to one of those women you have to save. It's Dead Rising all over again which is a great thing. The original was one of my favorite games and one of the reasons I bought my xbox in the first place. After having played case zero there's no doubt in my mind that I will be getting the sequel.

also, who of you kept pressing Y out of habit to get the survivors to follow you around? I noticed the AI of the survivors was greatly improved and I was able to get around with them without too much trouble at all.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buMf00d wrote:
also, who of you kept pressing Y out of habit to get the survivors to follow you around? I noticed the AI of the survivors was greatly improved and I was able to get around with them without too much trouble at all.

That was me through my whole playthrough. Whenever I have survivors tagging along with me I'm pressing Y nonstop. I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I agree with you on how superior the survivor AI is. They use their weapons more often and do a great job avoiding zombies at all costs.

And on my first storyline playthrough, I got all the survivors and got Katey out of there. Pretty successful IMO, but I had plenty of practice and knew the map pretty well because I was fucking around for an hour beforehand.

Have you tried using the Boomstick with the Combo Card you get from beating EDIT: Jed the Mechanic? The strong attack you get is pretty brutal and gives you a nice 2,500 PP. The only downside is it uses 3 bullets, :P.

Last.FM|Facebook

Last edited by OnionPowder on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to encounter Jeb. I only had time to play through it once and I will do my second playthrough when I get home from work. Is he like a psycho from the original game? I have a feeling I'll have some trouble finding all the bike parts though, the timing seems a bit slow, I only managed to find two of them but I did manage to rescue all the survivors on my first playthrough. Now that I have that achievement I will be able to spend more time goofing around.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edit] Silly internet.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buMf00d wrote:
I've yet to encounter Jeb. I only had time to play through it once and I will do my second playthrough when I get home from work. Is he like a psycho from the original game? I have a feeling I'll have some trouble finding all the bike parts though, the timing seems a bit slow, I only managed to find two of them but I did manage to rescue all the survivors on my first playthrough. Now that I have that achievement I will be able to spend more time goofing around.

Where do you find Bob's daughter? I'm almost able to beat the the game with the best ending with all the survivors, though I can't find her after bringing back the girls to the garage. I might be able to do it I guess if I don't save Katey, but I was trying to see if I can do everything and still escape.

*EDIT*
BAH. The one time I get Bob's daughter to show up, Gemini and Fausto don't, meaning I don't get all the survivors achievement. Got my third ending out...Apparently out of 6. I'm guessing maybe one other ending is not escaping when you get out of the garage...Not sure about the other two.

Also does ANYONE know where the paddle is? I know it's in this, I just can't find it anywhere. Not too mention, what does the cone combine with? I have 7 combined items, 8 if I can find the paddle, and it'll make 8 for whatever the cone combines with, unless they just didn't implement it in the prequel.

Below are the endings I got so as to not spoil the first experience for people.

-Ending A, the main one, has you giving the Zombrex to Katie, beating Jeb, and escaping the military on the motorcycle.
-Ending D is giving the Zombrex to Katie, beating Jeb, but not getting the bike finished.
-Ending F is just not getting the Zombrex to Katie.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Also does ANYONE know where the paddle is? I know it's in this, I just can't find it anywhere. Not too mention, what does the cone combine with? I have 7 combined items, 8 if I can find the paddle, and it'll make 8 for whatever the cone combines with, unless they just didn't implement it in the prequel.

Below are the endings I got so as to not spoil the first experience for people.

-Ending A, the main one, has you giving the Zombrex to Katie, beating Jeb, and escaping the military on the motorcycle.
-Ending D is giving the Zombrex to Katie, beating Jeb, but not getting the bike finished.
-Ending F is just not getting the Zombrex to Katie.

The Paddle is near the building right next to the van that Dick stands on before he opens the Pawnshop.
The cone combines with the spray paint. You can find it on the roof of the Gas Station. Hope that helps.

Thanks for telling me there are other endings, I didn't think that there were other ones besides A and F. Looks like I have a reason to go back for a few more playthroughs.

Last.FM|Facebook

stumper93  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting for a long time for Dead Rising 2 to come out...and I would gladly get this, but I have no points nor do I have the hard drive space (original 20GB Hard Drive).......

My biggest question though is, anyone know how the saving system is? I loathed the first game's saving system.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumper93 wrote:
Been waiting for a long time for Dead Rising 2 to come out...and I would gladly get this, but I have no points nor do I have the hard drive space (original 20GB Hard Drive).......

My biggest question though is, anyone know how the saving system is? I loathed the first game's saving system.

You save at toilets still and after every section of the case you finish or start. Think that's abit better than it was in the first game which was toilets only.

And I did finally get all the combo weapons done. The air horn is pretty fun which makes zombies head explode lol
LaserAntigrav  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumper93 wrote:

The save system could still use work. If you don't constantly save, you will find yourself losing quite some progress.

For example, i played through the entire game only using the "auto" saves, and when i died to Jed the first time, it was back to like..1:00 >.<

"The Halo over my demise / Following a God so blind / Shallow in their sickening, swallow not the shit they feed."
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: g3arsofwar0wns PSN Name: sacredring
stumper93  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish it was a normal system like any other game where I could turn it off and start right back and continue where I was at.

That's what made me mad about the first one because if I stopped playing I'd have to restart the game over but I still have all the level upgrades and such....

Was I doing something wrong this whole time? Cause if so I wasted a bunch of time then

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't hear anyone complaining about saving in the first Resident Evil, this is exactly the same thing except you have to use toilets instead of typewriters.

I feel people are being too harsh on this series just because of the way it saves the game, in my opinion it adds something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: