ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Preview and Impressions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
massi4h  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work guys. So was Sudden Death and every other song already unlocked by default (or with a cheat) or did you play it on a game with a completed quest mode?
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one question, is there an overall leaderboard for quickplay, like the old career leaderboard, leaving that out in GH5 was one of the worst decisions to be made for that game

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I wasn't planning on getting this right away (been more into RB lately, and with a few other games coming out in the next few months, this was gonna be like number four or so in my game queue), but now I need it the day it comes out. Which just happens to be my birthday.

HINT HINT

Rock Band Accomplishments
Guitar Hero Accomplishments
DLC Quickplay
SplashAttack  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so can we please have an official clarification on what the clear drum gems are?
Marbler  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashAttack wrote:
ok so can we please have an official clarification on what the clear drum gems are?

From what I could tell, it's when the hit is on the off beat. For instance:

.............^
..............|
That red would be a clear gem...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashAttack wrote:

ghost notes, when you hit them lighter as opposed to harder.

Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, always awesome to see the devs reach out and help get us more pumped for the game (I would have loved to have been there, DAVE MUSTAINE)! Been playing BWoLP for about 2 years now, so I'm keeping myself in the dark for there to be some semblance of a sightread.

Sounds like the gameplay is well in hand, but is the story actually any good? I was a little turned off by the level of cheesiness in the demo. "Johnny has rejected the crowd and sounds, and has embraced the chaos" sounds like a trussed-up version of "You are likely to be eaten by a grue".
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who found the new WoRtar really awkward? The whammy bar feels much closer to the strumbar, making whammying more difficult (for me at least).

On the other hand, it is quite useful being able to grip your fingers THROUGH the body of the guitar.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Sounds like the gameplay is well in hand, but is the story actually any good? I was a little turned off by the level of cheesiness in the demo. "Johnny has rejected the crowd and sounds, and has embraced the chaos" sounds like a trussed-up version of "You are likely to be eaten by a grue".

I could barely hear the narration of the story (glares @ noisy SHers on the main stage), but yeah its pretty much that level of cheesy. Some kind of complex GHRPG, its not. Its defintely way over-the-top
Yveul  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Mimming wrote:
Can you pause the game and restart song during the fail animation? Or do you have to wait for the entire scene to finish and for the menu to pop up

You have to wait through the scene unfortunately.

Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants - Vox/Guitar

http://www.facebook.com/dillingerescapeplan#!/posted.php?id=6900581348&share_id=158091444202475&comments=1#s158091444202475

Oh, hello.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question: Does Expert+ still stand for 'double bass song' or can it also stand for 'only ghost notes in here lols'?

Asking because I am surprised by the 50+ X+ Songs seen in the intensity Video.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLABLAFU wrote:
One question: Does Expert+ still stand for 'double bass song' or can it also stand for 'only ghost notes in here lols'?

pretty sure it's not just double bass anymore, which is disappointing. From what I hear in the demo, ghost and children of the grave have more stuff added than just double bass in their X+ charts.

WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
SplashAttack wrote:

.............^
..............|

Those 'clear gems' are called ghost notes. It's when the drummer plays a note that's only barely audible, but still present. Not having played the demo, I can't be sure whether or not ghost notes are any different from regular notes, gameplay-wise.

BLABLAFU wrote:

Expert = no ghost notes, no double bass
Expert+ = ghost notes and/or double bass
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)

Last edited by WarlordTm on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
SplashAttack wrote:

.............^
..............|

So these now only appear on Expert+ charts? I hope this doesn't mean they're dumbing-down Expert by not charting any off-beat notes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Marbler wrote:
SplashAttack wrote:

.............^
..............|

So these now only appear on Expert+ charts? I hope this doesn't mean they're dumbing-down Expert by not charting any off-beat notes.

WarlordTm wrote:
Those 'clear gems' are called ghost notes. It's when the drummer plays a note that's only barely audible, but still present. Not having played the demo, I can't be sure whether or not ghost notes are any different from regular notes, gameplay-wise.

Neversoft already didn't chart a lot of ghost notes, just take a look at YYZ, Parabola and most of all: Scatterbrain (these are songs I know have a lot of ghost notes, but there are other examples). Expert will just stay Expert, but Expert+ will now have the added difficulty of having to play ghost notes as well.

Edit: Beenox charted YYZ, I think... but w/e
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: