ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT Vocal Activations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chobes1124  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: GH:WT Vocal Activations Reply with quote

First off - no, i'm not looking for star power paths for vocals. that being said...

In general, when is the best time to activate on vocals? I notice that it gives you the points after the final word in a phrase... so should i activate right before the final word finishes so i get points then, or will it only give me points if i activate in the beginning of a phrase? or how about the middle?

I hope i am explaining that correctly... I'll try to show what i mean too. Should i activate...

|....words words words words wooooords wooooooords words | words..
..^here?....................................^here?..............................^here?.....^here?

Also during the freeform sections, i tried activating star power to see if it would raise my score on those parts, and I don't think it does. Has anyone else tried this and gotten any results?
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making this guess based on my whopping six songs of experience--

It looks like each phrase has a max of 500 points, times your multiplier. So, the best time to activate is when you can get the most phrases under overdrive. I would start from a phrase perspective-- if they go like this:

--|wordwordword|--------*wordword|-wordword|-word|-------wordword|

Then where I put the star would probably be the best time to activate.

Within phrases, it seems to depend on how much of the tube you can fill. The only other thing to note is the freeform sections. Your multiplier counts toward those as well, and it stacks with the freeform multiplier as well. So, let's say you get a 450x7 freeform-- take that 3150, multiply that by 8x, and you just got 25,200 for a phrase. What I don't know is whether the freeform only counts the end of the phrase or if it has to be active for the whole thing.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is kinda the start of vocal squeezing then?
chobes1124  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbillkickoff wrote:
I'm making this guess based on my whopping six songs of experience--

It looks like each phrase has a max of 500 points, times your multiplier. So, the best time to activate is when you can get the most phrases under overdrive. I would start from a phrase perspective-- if they go like this:

--|wordwordword|--------*wordword|-wordword|-word|-------wordword|

Then where I put the star would probably be the best time to activate.

Within phrases, it seems to depend on how much of the tube you can fill. The only other thing to note is the freeform sections. Your multiplier counts toward those as well, and it stacks with the freeform multiplier as well. So, let's say you get a 450x7 freeform-- take that 3150, multiply that by 8x, and you just got 25,200 for a phrase. What I don't know is whether the freeform only counts the end of the phrase or if it has to be active for the whole thing.

That makes the most sense. I'm gonna test some more later tonight to see what's best. And thanks for the info on the freeform sections. I wasn't sure if the 8x multiplier counted too. I'll see if it matters when you activate during freeform... that'll take some practice.

And yeah, it does seem like we're going to get into some vocal squeezing here. As if it wasn't already challenging enough
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vocal squeezing was already started in RB/RB2. In fact, as easy as it is to FC songs vocally in the RB series, squeezing is the only thing that separates vocalists over on that side. (That and the ability to hit broken talkies.)

I think that with button-push activation, unlike RB, there will be more variety as to which paths are "optimal". I also don't think we'll ever get to a consensus about "optimal", because of the way vocals are scored. Because you receive star power for each phrase you complete while not having star power activated, it is also possible to build star power extremely quickly-- it'll be interesting to see whether it will end up being more important in some areas to build SP quickly rather than to have it active for a short scoring burst.

(Incidentally, I hit a 90x(x8) freeform two days ago in Hotel Cali with 8x active-- which gave me over 57,600 for a single phrase. To me, this just about breaks the game vocally-- the whole rest of the song, roughly 50 phrases, I scored 169k. I have a feeling were going to be pathing towards freeforms and praying we get a good multiplier.)
Vosty3  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not gonna even bother this game's vocals are so frustrating/annoying
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vosty3 PSN Name: Vosty3
shinycow17  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm I'm pretty sure this should go in the vocals section

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shinycow17 wrote:
umm I'm pretty sure this should go in the vocals section

Okay. There are no sections for WT yet so.... Hmm.
On topic: I'm looking forward to singing in this game. Along with playing drums..
EDIT: OOPS I F*CKED UP :P
EDIT #2:What's going on in TSG? New sections but the same threads wtf?
swordchucks4life  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolacrille wrote:
What's going on in TSG? New sections but the same threads wtf?

They left everything that was originally in TSG in the guitar/bass section because, assuming people were making threads that were supposed to be in SH's TGS section, they should have been only about guitar/bass things prior to WT. Since that's no longer the case, they left Guitar/Bass with every old thread and started the others fresh, because the old Guitar/Bass stuff still applies to things in the old games

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

XBL Gamertag: Swordchucks27

"It's not what you think, I know it looks like we're cleaning dishes but actually we're having sex" -Dr. Gregory House
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Swordchucks27
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: