ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trueachievements.com, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
Well this site seems pretty cool. I don't understand the TrueAchievement score though.

TrueAchievements wrote:
We believe the harder an achievement is to obtain, the more points should be received.

We've decided that an achievement's difficulty can be accurately approximated by using a formula based on how many people have that achievement compared to how many people own the game. We also understand the phrase 'accurately approximated' is a contradiction in terms but are refusing to remove it on the grounds that it sounds impressive.

From there we multiply the original points given to the achievement by our difficulty score and end up with the TrueAchievement score for that, for want of a better word, achievement.

By adding up the TrueAchievement scores for all the achievements you have won, you get your GamerTrueAchievement. Of which you should be terribly proud. Unless it's only 1, in which case you are both a fool and disgrace to your family. We know this as they called the other day and asked to be disassociated from you.

They take the base score for each achievement and multiply it by the result of a formula that factors how many people have the achievement. Less people have the achievement, the bigger the score.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
Well this site seems pretty cool. I don't understand the TrueAchievement score though.

It's supposed to be a weighted system that allows harder achievements to have more than their normal value. In games like GH or RB where skill at a non-normal way of gaming is used, that can be skewed a bit for people like us that excel at that sort of thing, but for the most part stuff that's valued high is pretty hard or time-intensive or both.

EDIT: and I was beaten to it by 3 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
CoolMotion wrote:

It's supposed to be a weighted system that allows harder achievements to have more than their normal value. In games like GH or RB where skill at a non-normal way of gaming is used, that can be skewed a bit for people like us that excel at that sort of thing, but for the most part stuff that's valued high is pretty hard or time-intensive or both.

EDIT: and I was beaten to it by 3 minutes.

Yeah, TA kicks ass for us SH people that consider a lot of the harder achievements cake.

Also, because we're like the only people left who play the damn games anymore :/

Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
They take the base score for each achievement and multiply it by the result of a formula that factors how many people have the achievement. Less people have the achievement, the bigger the score.

Looking through some achievements, the formulas they use are:
10.0 TA ratio when 1% of players obtain an achievement
7.0 TA ratio when 2% of players obtain an achievement
5.0 TA ratio when 4% of players obtain an achievement
4.0 TA ratio when 6% of players obtain an achievement
3.5 TA ratio when 8% of players obtain an achievement
3.0 TA ratio when 11% of players obtain an achievement
2.5 TA ratio when 16% of players obtain an achievement
2.0 TA ratio when 25% of players obtain an achievement
1.5 TA ratio when 50% of players obtain an achievement

More than anything, trueachievements has made me want to fix my once-absolutely-terrible overall completion percentage, which is now approaching 80%. It's also nice to know that some of my achievements are pretty rare, with my "hardest" being Super Moves Master from MK vs DC Universe, which has a 9.21 ratio (1.18% of players have it). That game that has a lot of achievements with insane ratios. Online Chanpion (Win 25 ranked matches in a row) is worth 12.54 and the 22 character Kombo Challenges range from 7.58 to 11.07!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
GesterX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody with the "Big Ol Pile of Wins" achievement on GH3 should be proud!! It has a 9.07TA Ratio. I have it and it's by far my best TA Ratio.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed up, waiting to be "scanned"

I'm curious as to what i come out with, i know i've got some rock hard achievements, but i've also played Avatar sooooo...

Looks like i should get back to Star Ocean 4, 100% Battle Trophies is > 11 ratio

Edit: 99,362 TA vs 61,241 GS

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all the achievements for The Orange Box (DAMN Aperture Science achievement = death), which apparently Trueachievements thinks is quite nice.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:

More than anything, trueachievements has made me want to fix my once-absolutely-terrible overall completion percentage, which is now approaching 80%.

My overall completion will always be sub-par thanks to no longer wanting to pay for Gold.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to add me

http://www.trueachievements.com/Hoyoooo.htm

I love this site, it really shows off what I was able to do.

Everything on Mushi should be + whatever points they give.. lol that game is amazingly hard. Same with Espgaluda 2.
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only recently started using the sites gaming sessions and they are awesome. The first link under "Site Pages" lays out a nifty little calendar that shows every upcoming session for games you have. I've played a handful in the past week and they've all been awesome. Be sure to check 'em out if you're in need of multiplayer achievements.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Holy Shit @ Rabies' completion percentage!
http://www.trueachievements.com/Teamlead+Taco.htm

Yeah...He has Hexic HD 200'd. IMO, that's probably the craziest completion in his library, though a lot of them are insane.

I joined TA several months ago. I didn't really get it at first, but after a while, I grew to appreciate it. I'm currently trying to get the 1000 on Ghostbusters, but due to some weird glitch, it's looking like it'll be impossible for me. Only through the forums was I informed about the glitch in the first place and it was pretty informative. Pretty cool place.

My best completed game is Devil May Cry 4. It's TA value is set at over 4000, which is surprising to me. I've completed much tougher games but none of them are anywhere close to DMC4's value. Perhaps there's more to the system than I'm aware of, but so far, it's a very informative site and I'm always looking through my list of games to grind. Very fun place to be!

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Sully  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
I joined TA several months ago. I didn't really get it at first, but after a while, I grew to appreciate it. I'm currently trying to get the 1000 on Ghostbusters, but due to some weird glitch, it's looking like it'll be impossible for me. Only through the forums was I informed about the glitch in the first place and it was pretty informative. Pretty cool place.

The Ghostbusters issue is odd. Apparently, two 10 point multiplayer achievements have been glitched since the game was released (well over a year ago) and the publisher, Terminal Reality, was able to get out a patch for PS3 that was not immediately released for xbox. So for quite some time, people have been stuck at 980 gamerscore. The patch finally dropped for xbox last month but it didn't quite fix the problem- anyone who hadn't played any multiplayer prre-patch can get the full 1000 but anyone who was stuck at 980 still can't get the two glitched achievements. I'm in neither category- I've played pre-patch but I'm missing 6 multiplayer achievements, so I'm optimistic that I can get the full 1000. Some people think that if I can skip over 980, I won't get stuck (I'm missing four 10 pointers and two 15 pointers).
uSound  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
My best completed game is Devil May Cry 4. It's TA value is set at over 4000, which is surprising to me. I've completed much tougher games but none of them are anywhere close to DMC4's value. Perhaps there's more to the system than I'm aware of, but so far, it's a very informative site and I'm always looking through my list of games to grind. Very fun place to be!

Isn't the system based on difficulty and how many other people have actually got the achievement? (Don't know for sure as I'm new to the whole thing.) From what I've seen around on other forums, DMC4 isn't a cakewalk for everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
The Ghostbusters issue is odd. Apparently, two 10 point multiplayer achievements have been glitched since the game was released (well over a year ago) and the publisher, Terminal Reality, was able to get out a patch for PS3 that was not immediately released for xbox. So for quite some time, people have been stuck at 980 gamerscore. The patch finally dropped for xbox last month but it didn't quite fix the problem- anyone who hadn't played any multiplayer prre-patch can get the full 1000 but anyone who was stuck at 980 still can't get the two glitched achievements. I'm in neither category- I've played pre-patch but I'm missing 6 multiplayer achievements, so I'm optimistic that I can get the full 1000. Some people think that if I can skip over 980, I won't get stuck (I'm missing four 10 pointers and two 15 pointers).

It was funny, because the day I decided to pick the game back up was the day after the patch had been released, and I had no idea that the not only had the patch been released, but I didn't know about the glitch at all! I went through the achievements in the game and saw that only two people had completed it. I saw which achievements were hard to come by and that's when I found out about the glitch. There were issues about the glitch and a lot of people were starting rumors about how to go about getting the remaining achievements, but I got the gist of it afterwards. I try to aim for completions, so if I'm not able to get the 1000 on this game, it'll be pretty damn annoying...which I'm sure if going to be the case with me. If only I hadn't play a single multiplayer game!

uSound wrote:
Isn't the system based on difficulty and how many other people have actually got the achievement? (Don't know for sure as I'm new to the whole thing.) From what I've seen around on other forums, DMC4 isn't a cakewalk for everyone.

well, I'm not quite sure how the TA formula works, but I've completed DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 (DLC included). The number of tracked players for each game are roughly the same and the number of players that have completed it are roughly the same, but TA's DMC4 value is 800 points more than NG2, and even with that, NG2's DLC pack has an added 250 points to get. There's obviously a formula that I'm not aware of, but for me, having DMC4 valued much higher than NG2 is....I think it's insane. I can see how DMC4 isn't easy for some, but NG2 is the king of "It's Not Worth It."

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In preparation for Dead Space 2, I finished up my Dead Space s-rank by finally getting around to beating the game on impossible mode. Eff me, it was tough, and made the game even more terrifying. Bring on DS2!

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: