Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
On Permarockering and Instrument Specialization
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyumi  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: On Permarockering and Instrument Specialization Reply with quote

Is it just me, or are top drummers more likely to get permarockered than top players on any other instrument? I can name more permarockers/ex-permarockers that are top drummers than top players of every other instrument combined. I have nothing against the SH drum community - this is something I just noticed.
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just coincidence imo

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of them seem a little dim on the idea of good posting. Could happen to anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg dis thred iz so dum lol wut

Olinea  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm.

What's a "permarocker"?
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olinea wrote:
Erm.

What's a "permarocker"?

when someone gets stuck with the rank of "rocker" on scorehero for as long as the mods deem necessary, no matter how many posts you have, and is usually achieved by post whoring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
Olinea wrote:
Erm.

What's a "permarocker"?

when someone gets stuck with the rank of "rocker" on scorehero for as long as the mods deem necessary, no matter how many posts you have, and is usually achieved by post whoring

pretty much.. or when people use ur acc topic as a quote tunnel fest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
Olinea wrote:
Erm.

What's a "permarocker"?

Or if you are just a plain bad poster, and not necessarily a postwhorer. Its pretty much your final warning before a temp- or perma-ban, depending on how bad you are or how bad you were.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hey, there's always the old stereotype that drummers are the dumbest of all musicians...maybe this case is proving to be true? xP (kidding)

I think the recent explosion of permarockers on the blue side in particular was kind of silly. Quote tunneling is dumb as shit, but there were no warnings given whatsoever.
Just as a personal belief, a mod PMing or posting towards someone and asking them to stop postwhoring, quote tunneling, or whatever, is more more effective than permarockering them. PRing someone just makes them mad, it doesn't make them genuinely want to make their posts better. As a matter of fact it does the opposite, people who have been perma'd never expect to be un perma'd, so they really no longer are motivated to post intelligently. I think permarockering as an institution just doesn't work and should be removed altogether.

There are much better ways to deal with these problems, from what I can see. I'll use elite as an example because we're blue side brothers and I know he won't be offended. If I were a mod, I think rather than permarockering him without warning, if I was displeased with his posts I would send a PM or a post in his accs thread something like "Hey elite, could you please use proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization in your posts in the future? It makes them easier to read for the rest of the users, and makes the site look more professional. Thanks."

Just my two cents, with I'm aware isn't even worth two cents not being a mod. I'll call it my two Yen. Which is like .04 cents xP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO if someone is post whoring to raise their post count and therefore their rank, then permarocking them is an appropriate response. I don't think it's productive for reasons unrelated to post count however. If someone is just an idiot and posts nonsense, they might not even realize theyve been permarockered. Some people don't even look at their post count or care about their rank.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I don't think it's productive for reasons unrelated to post count however. If someone is just an idiot and posts nonsense, they might not even realize theyve been permarockered. Some people don't even look at their post count or care about their rank.

I can say that the quote tunnel incident in elite's thread on the RB side certainly proves that, there's a guy who got rockered due to involvement in that that even said he doesn't care that it happened. (I think a few others from that were do care though.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elitewarrior500 wrote:
pretty much.. or when people use ur acc topic as a quote tunnel fest

on sh ur sposed to use some resemblance to grammar... its kind of a general rule... u can't say the quote tunnel thing wuz the only reason

I've found your posts difficult to read on occasion. Just saying >_<

EDIT: Yeah it's rule 6:

Quote:
Rule 6: Write in complete sentences. Spell correctly. Don't use all capital letters in your posts. No one is perfect, and we do not expect you to spell correctly all the time, but we do expect people to post with a certain level of intelligence. In fact, Firefox automatically underlines words that are spelled wrong, which can be a lifesaver.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
fudrick  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone care to explain to me what happened in elite's thread?

inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Anyone care to explain to me what happened in elite's thread?

Basically, PD527 (who was not rockered), said something along the lines of "come up with your own shit you're not funny", and it was quote tunneled for about 2 pages. Elite himself was, to my knowledge roped in after he made a comment against it that was later removed by a quote tunneler. (I have yet to see proof of his second supposed "lololol" post or whatever.) Pretty much everyone that I saw as one of the tunnelers (Vineboy, rtsdeathreaper, HomelessCarl, etc) got rockered (except PD himself, as noted). It's an interesting coincidence that a lot of those people are pretty good drummers.

The thread later had a second little argument involving Toodooloo in some way (I forget and I'm not gonna hunt it down to check) and now it's locked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: