ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How old is too old when it comes to relationships?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: How old is too old when it comes to relationships? Reply with quote

I've always been a firm believer that age doesn't matter when it comes to two adults. However, I'm now in a situation where I'm 8 years older than the girl. I'm 26, she's 18. We are both adults. Plus I met her when she was 18 so I can't look at her with any kind of memory of her as an adolescent. I feel like I'm interested but the age difference is still nagging at me since she is just 18.

What do you guys feel about this? I tried looking up opinions on age differences for adults, and pretty much everyone agrees that two adults, no matter of age, are morally fine together and accepted in society. Anyone have any similar experiences you wouldn't mind sharing?

Btw, this is not advice on dating as I wouldn't turn to an internet forum (sorry guys). This is simply asking your views on something like this. It's weird because I never thought twice about age between two adults until now. Maybe it's because she's so close to being an adolescent that I'm relating these feelings.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents are 10 years apart, and another one of my friend's parents are about 11 or so years apart, so I would say that it's perfectly fine.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar question- what do you guys think of a woman being older than a man in a relationship?

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that, it's the same ages that my parents were when they got together.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
A similar question- what do you guys think of a woman being older than a man in a relationship?

I have the same feelings as a man older than a woman. Doesn't matter. However, I personally wouldn't date someone older than me. But I'm in no way against others doing it.

And thanks guys. I'm more or less trying to reassure myself it's ok. lol
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I dont have any problem with the woman being older than the guy in a relationship.

Age difference wise i'm a bit...uhh critical. Like during teenhood if one of the partners was more than 2 years older than the other (school years that is) then I thought it was really weird (A lot of my school did to be honest). Like 18 to around 30 a five year difference is fine by me (no more). And 30+ ten year difference isn't a big deal...

Am I alone in thinking like this?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:

haha, my girlfriend is a little over a year older than me. No big deal right? Doesn't stop her from complaining about how much older she is... XD

Anyway, as for the OP, it really shouldn't matter, though she might seem really young. Just think about how it'd be in ten years, and it won't seem as bad. Besides, some girls really just like older men (Like my girlfriend, who probably gets those feelings from her positive relationships with her older brothers... who are 4 and 9 years older than her, respectively. In fact she said her ideal man would be like 30, and she's 21. >_>)

Oh, plus my Dad is 7 years older than my stepmom, and my uncle is I think 9 years older than my aunt. Pretty normal really. Strangely I can't think of any similar situations with the woman being older... which I suppose was sorasgoof's point. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
First of all I dont have any problem with the woman being older than the guy in a relationship.

Age difference wise i'm a bit...uhh critical. Like during teenhood if one of the partners was more than 2 years older than the other (school years that is) then I thought it was really weird (A lot of my school did to be honest). Like 18 to around 30 a five year difference is fine by me (no more). And 30+ ten year difference isn't a big deal...

Am I alone in thinking like this?

Nope, I totally agree with you.

Heck, there's a 19 year gap between my dad and my mum. It doesnt seem bad when they're older, but if they were young, well, it's basically an adult going out with a new born baby
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perfectly fine for me. Of course, when you can directly relate something to you own situation, it always feels a bit different, but still, as long you're both adults, i can't think of any valid reason to not be fine with that ^^

Plus, as people grow older, such a difference (and 8 years isn't thaaat huge tbh) is even less of a deal. I guess it can be sortof "huge" when you're like at work, and the other person is in school or something, but really, that's all.

My mom is just 4 months younger than my dad, my sister is 4 years older than her boyfriend, my grandpa was 4 years older than my grandma, and i wouldn't mind if i had a younger/older boyfriend (i'm only 23 though, so 8 years younger would get me in trouble xD).

Whatever, really i just find it fine
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say I don't look 8 years older than her. Only a good handful of people can actually look at me and tell me I'm 26. Most will say 20, 21 at the oldest. So I can always take that into account that I at least only look anywhere from 2 to 3 years older than her XD
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my father is 63, my mother is 38, they've been married for 26 years now. there's absolutely nothing wrong with your situation Dave. now if you're a senior in high school and you're going out with someone in middle school... that's a problem :P

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
my father is 63, my mother is 38, they've been married for 26 years now. there's absolutely nothing wrong with your situation Dave. now if you're a senior in high school and you're going out with someone in middle school... that's a problem :P

Wait, your mom was 12 when she got married?? Sorry, if I don't ask someone else will.

And I really appreciate all the feedback. It does make me feel more comfortable about the whole thing
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLOOOOLLL WHOOPS i meant 20 years, that would be very...weird XD you get the point though. doesn't matter what age you two are, if you guys love each other then there should not be a damn thing that should stop you two from being together. period.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio

Last edited by jdamillio on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Twang  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
My parents are 10 years apart, and another one of my friend's parents are about 11 or so years apart, so I would say that it's perfectly fine.

sorasgoof wrote:

My mom is 13 years older than my dad. It's all right, man. Age doesn't make that much of a difference, really. I mean, it can, but it doesn't have to.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
fudrick  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom is 39, her boyfriend is 26, and they've been together for almost 8 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: