ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Most enjoyable song in GH Series On-Disk?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigarde  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Most enjoyable song in GH Series On-Disk? Reply with quote

Post your opinion here, and with an argument why you find it so damn enjoyable ;)

Play With Me (GH: SH)

This song is just so much fun, it has everything, an amazing main riff, hard solo's, and I can't imagine anyone not finding this fun

Unskinny Bop (GH: WOR)

Just... The main riff is awesome, the song doesn't have a really hard solo, but the solo fits it well.

[22:59:02] Vigarde: ARE U BRAINDEAD?
[22:59:03] Tyler (W0Wzer333): yes
TheBlackRiver  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna do two for each game i own. there are to many fun songs for one or two "best ones"

GH3 Nothing for me Here; Great song, fun riffs and solos, FCPREMIX; the entire break down is super fun and the main riff isnt boring :P.
GH:A GTR Battle vs Joe Perry; very fun, lots of solos :P; Let the music do the talking i dont know why but i enjoy that chart alot.
GH:WT Love Spreads great chart no more is needed. most of the other Wt stuff is too close to put a number two
GH:M Hit The Lights; Fast and Fun. Number two could be 5-10 different songs
GH:SH Play with Me Vigarde nailed it. Like Metallica there are too many good ones for a number two
GH:VH Way too many are about equal eruption would be number probably
GH:5; Done with everything, Die for nothing i dont know why i enjoy this chart i just do. Spirit of the radio; fun intro thing
GH:WOR Black Widow Because it so much fun, then there are tons of funs song for second
GH:OT Youth Gone Wild fun all the way, Heaven; solos
GH:MH Can't Stop, Rock and Roll Band
BH (i have the import not the game so i wont know a few of the songs) YMCA, Every rose has it thorn
odub712  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with Impulse. Such a diverse song that never gets old!
Llednik  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go with either Jordan for the amazing solos or If You Want Peace Prepare For War for pretty much the entire song.

(I enjoy difficulty)

toymachine wrote:
Fuck the mainstream- moar shred, and cheesy metal visuals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Llednik
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never get tired of playing Play With Me, on either chart.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always enjoyed I Wanna Rock in GH80s and even more so in GHGH. Since then, the only thing that springs to mind is Younk Funk. Jesus fuck I hate typing that, the number of times people try to correct it. Anyway, yeah, that's about it. I can't really remember much before that, it's been a long time since I played any of them and I really don't remember charts - if I don't play a song for a couple of weeks, my next play might as well be considered a sightread.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Hak  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3:
- F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. - Love the main riff on this song.
- Cliffs of Dover - What's not to love about this song?

GHWT:
- Love Spreads - Probably one of the best songs ever on a rhythm game.
- Scream Aim Fire - I dunno what's with this song, but I really love playing it.

GHM:
- Dyer's Eve - lolol
- Hit The Lights - Great solos, fun riff.

GHSH:
- Play With Me - Everything is fun, main riff, solos, EVERYTHING.
- Psychobilly Freakout - Awesome song and a great mocap to top it off.

GH5:
- Wolf Like Me - Probably my favorite song ever on a GH game.
- Younk Funk - No, it's not 'Young'. >_>

BH:
- I Want You To Want Me - One of my favorite songs to listen to.
- YMCA - FUNFUNFUN

GHWoR:
- Tones of Home - Greatness.
- Ties That Bind - Really cool riff.[/u]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 - Cliffs of Dover

GHWT - Misery Business

GHM - Wherever I May Roam

GHSH - Nothin' But A Good Time

GH5 - Brianstorm

GHVH - Jump

WoR - Ties That Bind

Some for playability, sone because they're an awesome song in general.

Last edited by DVDSmith on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking 2 songs from each game, and from only games i have played, this is my list.

GH2 :
Jordan : Hell of a fun song, even if it is THE first impossible song.
ThunderHorse : My first song from Dethklok. I love it.

GH3 :
Raining Blood : One of about 5 songs that COMPLETELY stopped me when i rose to the Expert difficulty level. And the song is just awesome.
Through The Fire And Flames : I bought GH3 for this band.. I loved DragonForce before GH3. Infact, i didnt even know the song TTFAF until i played it. I only knew the first 2 albums at the time. This was also my FIRST impossible song to complete.

GH:A :
Dream On : I always loved this song, and the chart is brilliant IMO. So much fun.
Toy In The Attic : While a fun song, WHY was this the last one ?! No sense for it to be there !

GH:WT :
Schism : I didnt know TOOL until this song. This made me love them. Then come Parabola and Vicarious, i became an instant fan.
Hot For Teacher : I frigging LOVED this song. I avoided watching the chart previews, but listened to it. Made it a day 1 purchase for me.

GH:M :
Whiplash : Quintessential. It is REQUIRED for this to be in a Metallica game. Awesome song, Better chart.
Ace Of Spades : Do i need to explain myself here ?

GH5 :
The Spirit Of Radio : I can't claim i was a huge Rush fan, but when i heard this song, i realised just how good they are at changing genre's slightly, without changing their style. Amazing song to play, and to wake up to in the morning. Make me smile
Done With Everything, Die For Nothing : A tough fast song that still gives me a little trouble. I swear though, some of these notes are glitched......

GH:VH :
Eruption : A song that truely pushes people to their limits. Probably the most complex song i have played, next to TdWdTg.
PainKiller : I wanted this song in GH for a long time, and i know, its in RB, but i ont like either the RB engines, nor the chart. The GH version is so much better. A major problem i have though, is when i go to ply Drums.....I WANTED THE KICK ASS DRUM SOLO AT THE START !

GH:WOR :
Fury Of The Storm : Passes TtFaF in difficulty IMO. That 40 Second tapping solo is insane. If you get their and fail, you have to do the entire thing again. THAT alone makes it harder then TtFaF.
Sudden Death : Has everything. A build up. An awesome, easy riff. Lyrics that make your hairs stand on end. And a great drum line. One of THE best songs in GH now.
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudden Death is really awesome, but eh might as well go by game...(since I own almost all of them this might take a while)

2: Gemini, Jessica, and Thunderhorse. all really fun to play, too bad none of them have made it to full band (probably because they all or mostly lack vocals?)

3: always gotta enjoy Cliffs of Dover in this game, but Impulse too. and NotB only because Iron Maiden is awesome

WT: gets a lot of hate but there's some fun songs. Love Spreads, Mr. Crowley, and of course Pull Me Under (they seriously need more DT in GH/RB)

5: worst of the numbered ghs imo, way too many boring easy songs, the only songs I really like playing are Spirit of Radio and DWEDFN

WoR: sooo many fun charts, as I said Sudden Death is awesome, I love 2112 even if it isn't that amazing to play on fake instruments, also I gotta throw in Hard to See and Ties that Bind cause they're both pretty awesome too

and the spinoffs...

Metallica: alot of fun charts, I do love playing Disposable Heroes, One never gets old either

Van Halen: gotta say the non van halen songs are more fun

Aerosmith: lol fuck this game the only song I like is Kings and Queens but it's really not fun to play, I guess for this list I have to say Mercy, which is the exact opposite (fun to play but awful song)

Band Hero: no comment

also might as well throw in On Tour! aka the shitty ds version, Heaven is so fun to play even on the ds
JagerbombsFTW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3
- City's on Flame with Rock and Roll - Love the solo so much fun
- FCPREMIX - Strumming

GHWT
- Scream Aim Fire - Awesome Song So Much Fun
- Crazy Train - ALL ABOARD!!!!

GHM
- Black Friday - I think thats the name of it, Haven't played Metallica in ages
-Welcome Home Sanitarium - My Fave Metallica Song

GHA
- Joe Perry Battle - Lots of Solos
-Walk This Way - Whats Not too Love

GH5
-Mirror People - I find the srumming part contagiously Fun
-Brianstorm - Love Arctic Monkeys so much fun to sing along too PS. Activision Arctic Monkeys DLC please
- Spirit of the Radio- So much fun! until you try and FC it Spririt of the solo is a Bitch

GHWOR
- Too Many but if i had to narrow it down..
-If You Want Peace.. Prepare for war - LOVE IT!!!
-Slow Hands - Probably one of my favourite songs on any guitar hero
-There's no secrets This Year - Love Silversun Pickups

GHSh
-TTFatF- Prefer this chart to GH3 so Much fun
-Beast and the Harlot - Toss up between it and Play With Me
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagerbombsFTW wrote:
GHM
- Black Friday - I think thats the name of it, Haven't played Metallica in ages

The Black River maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH1 - Frankenstein - Good song + good solo + fun outside the solo = triple win
GH2 - Psychobilly Freakout - I like these kinds of complex rhythm songs
GH80s - Ain't Nothing But a Good Time - Fun solo
GH3 - Take This Life - Wish it were a bit faster, but this is a good GH1-esque song (almost all strumming)
GHA - Toys in the Attic - idk, just a fun chart
GHWT - Never Too Late - Lots of soloing
GHM - Hit the Lights - See above, but even better
GHSH - The Trooper - The funnest Trooper chart
GH5 - Scatterbrain - Very fun throughout, but never gets overly difficult
GHVH - Jump - Really like the song, and the chart is fun enough. Who doesn't love playing this :p
GHWOR - Fury Of The Storm - Tough call but I gotta represent Dragonforce somehow, their songs are always great fun to play, this is not quite as good as HooT or Rev Death but definitely better than the TTFAFs and OGaP
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree with Love Spreads for Guitar Hero: World Tour. I haven't played the game (or owned it >_>) in over a year now, so I don't remember everything about it, but I do remember playing it over and over again.

Wow, this was my first post outside of Video Game Discussion and General Chat in quite some time.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Ctrl +F Push Push (Lady Lightning)*
No-one suggested it. What.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: