SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Chrisssss; nope, still not playing lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 92, 93, 94  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BloodyFistHole wrote:
Your thread is probably my favourite in the accomplishment forum at the moment. Hard has always been my difficulty of choice, so it's always nice to see others dedicating their time to it. But if that wasn't enough, you're another completionist in that you waste valuable hours on the lower difficulties. <3

Thanks very much!
Yeah, I don't know how long it'll take me to get to my 650 hard FC's goal because of GH1 - my aim of 30 is way too high. >_> I'll have to find extra ones on the other games.
And yes, I have wasted lots of hours on the lower difficulties. I try and stay away from easy mode though because that takes boring to another level on some of the songs. Although I guess I could go for a FSFC on easy at some stage... if I get that bored...

If I remember rightly, you're the one that keeps getting the first FGFC's on medium mode on some of the games... I think...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I played a bit more GH:M on hard mode again today. As I've previously said, the one thing I hate about that game (and a few others) is that I can't hold ticks to save my life. As far as I'm aware, you have to hit the hold notes dead on to get all the ticks... can't hit them late like you can in GH3 or GH:WoR, etc. Unless I'm wrong about that? Who knows!

Anyway, I got a few reduxes done.
I've now taken another one of LlamaYip's firsts in Sad But True but I missed 200, so I want to get 294k on that song. That's another song where ticks are impossible to keep. >_>
More importantly, I got a couple of new FC's.

# 37 - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
# 38 - Mercyful Fate - didn't follow a path for that 'cause it'd be a pain in the arse. Lots of activations, I'm sure.

My initial aim of 40/49 has nearly been achieved!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second update of the day...

Decided to play a bit of GH2 tonight to try and get some more FC's. I got a couple, but I should had more.
As it stands, I'm now on 38/74 FC's on GH2 and one 100% overstrum... stupid Rock This Town with its fast RY chords. >_>
I might continue tomorrow on GH2 hard mode though to see if I can get a bit closer to my initial aim of 50/74.

I figured that my GH1 aim of 30/47 is too high, but if I can get 10 hard FC's on that game, together with my absolute mosts on other games (ie, 27/30 on GH:80s, 46/49 on Metallica, 84/85 on GH5 and 89/93 on GH:WoR), then I should still reach my target of 650 FC's. Anything above that is a bonus!

Anyway, I hope I get some more FC's faster than the devil strums his f*cking guitar!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
KramRal wrote:
LlamaYip wrote:
And keep going with the FCs, I'm sure you're underestimating yourself in terms of the FCs you can get in that game.

This. 'Nuff said.

Oh, shh. :P

Tomorrow is the start of my week off, so I might try and bang out as much of the medium stuff as I can (if I miss in the song, I'll skip it as medium is pretty boring to play). I won't follow paths first time around either as I just want to see how close to my 725/735 target I can get.

Although, at the same time, I might try and get closer to 40 on GH:M... or maybe some more GH2? Or GH:80s?? Decisions, decisions!

How's the FSFC on expert coming along, Kram?

FSFC is annoying. I've had chokes on the last three songs left on GH1 the last two days in a row....... >.> and not just one choke like multiple chokes reverse, and normal chokes on each song. It's depressing. Oh well.

And just so you know you really are a beast :P. I take your goals for example and see them as something you shouldn't have too much trouble achieving. No pressure though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KramRal wrote:
FSFC is annoying. I've had chokes on the last three songs left on GH1 the last two days in a row....... >.> and not just one choke like multiple chokes reverse, and normal chokes on each song. It's depressing. Oh well.

And just so you know you really are a beast :P. I take your goals for example and see them as something you shouldn't have too much trouble achieving. No pressure though.

To be honest, even to get down to only 3 songs left to FC on GH1 is an amazing achievement! I'm sure you'll FC those last three songs over the next few days. I've only ever had a choke on one hard song (for me) and that was All Nightmare Long on GH:M where I missed the 2035th note out of 2138 or something. That was annoying.
But to have multiple chokes on the songs you have left (presumably BaTM being one of them) must get very annoying indeed! I wish you all the luck in the world to get the GH1 FGFC by the weekend.

I hope I achieve my goals. I know you (and a couple of other people have said it) think that my goals are quite low and I should easily be able to do it... but I tried to make them high enough to make it a challenge for me because I know my skill level isn't that great at the moment. >_>
650 hard FC's seems doable though... that'll be within 100 FC's of the FSFC which, when I started playing hard mode back in middle of 2008, seemed impossible to me!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goals on GH1 and GH:80s are on hold for the timebeing because I got annoyed with GH1 last night and threw the PS2 and guitar back in the garage.

I'll grind out more FC's on hard and/or medium on the other games though for the moment.
Might go on a medium frenzy as I don't have many... may as well get as close to my initial target of 725/735 as quickly as I can, seeing as medium mode is boring on some songs!
I say 725/735... minus 47 and 30 for the two PS2 games and that means the most I could get is only 658. So let's call it 650 for now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to be taught how to alt-strum the verses on Take This Life 'cause I struggle quite a lot with that.

Played a bit of GH3 today. Improved a couple of scores... I think I have a method of how to hit the stupid B/O trills on Nothing For Me Here but it may take a while for me to actually get. I'll definitely put it down to a potential FC though which would mean that my most could well be 64/70? I'm on 59/70 on hard mode at the moment and these are the songs I think I can get...

Cherub Rock - that outro strumming seems to screw me up. >_>
My Curse - the tiny alt-strumming fret changing bit just before the chorus is what is stopping me.
Knights of Cydonia - need to get a lot more consistent at the strumming and also at the end, but it's possible.
The Way it Ends - the verses are a pain, but one day I will get it!
Nothing For Me Here - if I get consistent at the B/O trills, I could get it.

Way back in the day I thought it was impressive when I was FC'ing stuff like The Seeker! It's nice to know I'm better than I used to be!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah alt strumming on trills is a skill that is pretty hard to learn. It is easiest if you can somehow get all of your down strums on the note that is higher. On TTL i believe that it is a red and yellow trill so you would want to be down strumming all of the yellow notes if possible.

As for Cherub Rock just got practice mode and play the outro until you can get it two or three times in a row.
KramRal  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before i could do the alt strumming normally, i would do this:

if the trill was like a YB trill -

downstrum the blue and upstrum the yellow but do it in doubles. in other words have it really broken up, strum in doubles. so like do strum the blue and then strum the yellow immediately after the blue as fast as you can then do it again as fast as you can on the next blue note and repeat. and it may seem like its really awkward and wont work but it does because of gh3's timing window. May take some getting used to as well, but its what i did when i used to suck more than i do now

if that made no sense i apologize because its midnight and i feel weird xD so if i needa re-explain just tell me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart of a lion... and the wings of a bat.
KramRal wrote:
because its midnight

Haha I just had to do it.

Anyways for Cherub Rock at least, I use the Hammerons and it really does help, strumming through it all just creates problems, so fool around with it in practice a bunch and use the HOPOs.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
As for Cherub Rock just got practice mode and play the outro until you can get it two or three times in a row.

LlamaYip wrote:
Anyways for Cherub Rock at least, I use the Hammerons and it really does help, strumming through it all just creates problems, so fool around with it in practice a bunch and use the HOPOs.

I've FC'd the outro before in practice but it's just one of those things where when it comes to a real run, you miss. >_>
What you said conlan about getting it a few times in a row is a good idea so that I get used to the strumming speed etc., and Llama I do generally use the ho/pos as it does make it easier like you said. I will take it into practice a bit later today. Thanks guys.

KramRal wrote:
downstrum the blue and upstrum the yellow but do it in doubles. in other words have it really broken up, strum in doubles. so like do strum the blue and then strum the yellow immediately after the blue as fast as you can then do it again as fast as you can on the next blue note and repeat. and it may seem like its really awkward and wont work but it does because of gh3's timing window. May take some getting used to as well, but its what i did when i used to suck more than i do now

Lol, Kram? This sort of makes sense but at the same time it's a bit huh?!?! I will take it into practice mode to see what happens though and see if I can do the method you were trying to explain. I took a different part of that song into practice a while back and got better at it, it's mainly the alt-strumming verses... I can keep a streak sometimes but as soon as I miss a note, I miss about 27 notes in a row. >_>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've played a bit of GH2 and a bit of GH3 today.

GH3
I got the fast strumming down for Knights of Cydonia but I still suck complete cock at the end for some reason. It's really annoying... I could easily beat my score of 380k and maybe even FC it but I'm really bad at the end for some reason. Any tips?
I tried Take This Life but sucked at the verse, so gave up pretty quick.
Also weren't that great at Cherub Rock outro... today just wasn't my day.

GH2
It was my day for this game though! Went from 38 FC's to 42. I should have had a few more but I kept making dumb mistakes... however, I did have a nice increase on Free Bird on my first time playing that in ages. A good 40k, I think. o_O
Other songs went pretty well... I'm thinking I could FC Institutionalized as well now. I'm still hoping to get my initial aim of 50/74 before I jump ahead of myself, but I think I could hit 60 and beyond.
Still suck at Fall of Pangea though. >_>

Overall though, at least in terms of GH2, a good(ish) day for guitar hero!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff! your scores are really good too
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, so another day of GH2 goes by and I still hate early whammy.

HARD MODE
Didn't really do a lot... although I did FC Institutionalized so that was nice! Makes it 43/74. I think I can also get Thunderhorse as well even though I used to suck at that song. Minus one today though!

MEDIUM MODE
I wanted to complete the setlist but a mixture of annoyingly missing and getting bored means I still have several songs left to go.
However, I did go from 27/74 to 58/74 today. Some higher ranked places as well (on the 360, that is). It's all good... I will have to try and finish that off tomorrow or something for my second medium FGFC.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never fucking FC Eruption on medium mode.
I am shit at the final part of "trill madness" on medium & hard mode and probably always will be.
Therefore, screw playing GH:VH again until I get bored and FGFC on easy mode.

I really wish I was actually good at Guitar Hero. No offence to people who haven't got many FC's on medium or hard mode when I have quite a lot, but I consider myself as being quite bad at this game. Examples:

I will NEVER FC (hard mode):

Flood! on GH3 Raining Blood
Any hard song on GH1
Take This Life/FCPREMIX on GH3
Because Its Midnite/Electric Eye/Play With Me on GH:80s
Satch Boogie/Hot For Teacher on GH:WT
TTFAF on GH:SH (wouldn't even get 550k on GH3 version)
Spanish Fly/Eruption on GH:VH
DWEDFN on GH5 (or probably even Super-fucking-stition)
The few "difficult" songs on GH:WoR

Tell you what I would like to do that I probably never will... get 90% on TDWDTG on GH3. That song is too hard for me. Actually, I would also like to be able to tap and squeeze well (ie, double squeeze??). Something else that will probably never happen. I need a teacher. How sad.

Anyway, no point moaning about how crap I am at this game. After all, it is only a game, and moaning won't get me anywhere - practicing MIGHT though, but I doubt it.

Ranting done... off to bed it is!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 3 of 94

Jump to: