ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Which version?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. There are certain missions that have one basic goal, then a hidden master goal that unlocks another mission.
Matt  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
eachann wrote:
I'm with Matt.... for the most part I like the challenges. Being not very good I liked starting with very easy challenges and getting tougher and tougher until I hit the point where every song is very challenging for me... and then beating them slowly as I improve. I just hate the "stupid" challenges, I just want to dance the songs... not these goofy invented things, and using a dualshock controller is a pretty good idea for those missions.

How do you unlock missions? I'm working on area C right now, but there are a bunch of missions left in area B that I was never able to do... I've done every B mission that was unlocked for me to attempt. I must have to meet some hidden criteria though to unlock others... for example I never saw any mission that required me to get a AAA (lol wish me luck, i've never gotten better than an A.. heh).

If you go into the shop and buy hints, they will tell you what the hidden goals are. The cool thinkg about the goals is you still also have to complete the irignal challenge, too. My favorite has to be in the last section, where *spoiler alert* the challenge is to get at least 8.5 million points on dynamite rave heavy (with reverse on). The extra challenge is to not exceed 8.6 million points :p
GuitarHeroine  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't sound too bad. Are you still allowed to use other mods?
trofl  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroine wrote:
Are you still allowed to use other mods?

Nope

The one funny thing is at our club I'm always called upon to do the ones with insane mods because that's my forte at "competitive" DDR. Reverse, hidden, flat, shuffle... whatever :P
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Boom Boom Dollar KOGG3 mix mission where you play heavy break (and maybe flat, I forget)
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was never a big fan of the missions in the DDR EXs. because some of them require such rediculous things (namely good attack, which in terms of getting better is downright retarded). there are some missions i am a fan of though (like AAAing the last note of LoM heavy, 8x, random. or AAAing the last part of Jet World heavy on stealth).
Nagawa  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play DDR quite frequently, but then I got a big-ass bed in my room that kind of prevented me from playing anymore. Either way, with those missions I would just use the controller because it was easy.

I used to be good, though at actually playing DDR...I could AA Max 300 for a while...but then I lost it all. Yep.
eachann  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pad seems to be hyper sensitive... as in when I move my feet, they may be nowhere near a particular arrow but it can still fire that arrow off. This isn't a huge problem for a lot of songs, but a lot of times it can be if I am going to step on say the up arrow and my movement causes the up arrow to fire off before I even step on it, it can register an "almost" or a "boo" when my actual step was perfectly on. On the challenges where you are only allowed 4 misses this is a real problem. Also, I have a challenge now where you have to get no misses and never step on a down arrow. I can't do it because even if i'm careful not to step anywhere close to the down arrow it will still fire off frequently, and will catch one of the down arrows losing the challenge for me. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about this other than buying a new pad and hoping that it's better...
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nagawa wrote:
I used to play DDR quite frequently, but then I got a big-ass bed in my room that kind of prevented me from playing anymore. Either way, with those missions I would just use the controller because it was easy.

I used to be good, though at actually playing DDR...I could AA Max 300 for a while...but then I lost it all. Yep.

That sucks, I'd love to be able to pass Max 300, let alone AA it...
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
My pad seems to be hyper sensitive...

Did you disable the corner buttons (turn controller mode off in the options)?

If not, they could be triggering the arrows when you don't mean to. I played like that for a while and it made a huge difference when I turned it off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDR Extreme (US) and DDR Extreme 2 (US) both have the Eyetoy feature where you get to see yourself play DDR, and it looks cool too. Why didn't ITG have that feature?
IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalmuppet wrote:
DDR Extreme (US) and DDR Extreme 2 (US) both have the Eyetoy feature where you get to see yourself play DDR, and it looks cool too. Why didn't ITG have that feature?

if you VCR it or DVD record it you can see how much of an idiot you make of you sel playing the game, lol

i watched it of me and was like,,, yeah not in public anymore >_<

Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to do with using a VCR or a DVD recorder. The Eyetoy USB camera plugs into one of the USB ports on your PS2.
IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess you didn't read my post, YOU RECORD YOUR SELF PLAYING DDR

YOU PLAY THE PS2 THROUGH THE VCR AND RECORD

Metalmuppet  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eyetoy has a camera that you plug into one of the USB ports on your PS2. When the blue light is on, it's activated. If you played games like Eyetoy: Play, you'll notice that you're the controls, so that you can punch a robot out of the boxing ring, spin plates, and even wash windows. On DDR, it has something where not only you will step on the arrows, but you also have to touch the hand icons that come up on the screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: