ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DLC for PC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fandango  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: DLC for PC? Reply with quote

Hey guys ive been playing GH3 on my pc for a while now and am getting bored of the songs so i would like to know if DLC is ever gonna come to the pc as i see all the stuff the xbox owners get and am getting very jealous.

Also i was thinking about buying the other GH games for the PS2 and taking the songs off the disk to put on the pc version, is this possible and is there a guide for it?
Thanks for your time
Rock On
Olberi  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont have that information yet, but we hope that they're goin to release DLC for PC.

For you're another question should should check the topics: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46187 & http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51441

Get a stats signature: [13/20]
FC 20 songs: [20/20] Hell Yeah!
Get el Jefe: [38/39] Raining Blood
charliehorse55  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it looks as if we will never get DLC for PC/MAC, because Aspyr fears it will be pirated to easily. They are trying to find some DRM strong enough to try to prevent hackers. I don't think they will.

Sorry to burst your bubble, I am mad too.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DRM thing for music that is in the Xbox 360 DLC havent been cracked yet, so they could use that.

Get a stats signature: [13/20]
FC 20 songs: [20/20] Hell Yeah!
Get el Jefe: [38/39] Raining Blood
fandango  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys guys, as for the DLC being pirated to easily, they will never stop piracy no matter what they do unfortunetly this is why alot of companys are moving away from making pc games to consoles.
Even tho console games are pirated as well, which sucks for pc only owners like me who actually buy the games and support the people who make them.

As for the links you supplied they are for adding custom songs (which i have yet to find one that is as good as a per-made one) not for adding them from a PS2 disc.
BTW ihave the ones from custom.net added and they are fantastic.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fandango wrote:
Thanks for the replys guys, as for the DLC being pirated to easily, they will never stop piracy no matter what they do unfortunetly this is why alot of companys are moving away from making pc games to consoles.
Even tho console games are pirated as well, which sucks for pc only owners like me who actually buy the games and support the people who make them.

The thing is though, Downloadable Content is not easy to hack on consoles. They're signed on a per-console basis, and are much more difficult to crack.
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olberi wrote:
The DRM thing for music that is in the Xbox 360 DLC havent been cracked yet, so they could use that.

Xbox 360 doesn't use DRM, it uses a Xbox 360 specific format and there isn't any public program to decode them.

I also doubt that they will ever release any DLC for PC/MAC. They probably prefer just PS3/360 DLC, because if they release DLC for PC, a lot of PS3/360 people will just stop paying to download them to the PC version.

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
TerranUp16  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Looks around at the vast selection of note charts on Score Hero; shrugs)

Quote:
They probably prefer just PS3/360 DLC, because if they release DLC for PC, a lot of PS3/360 people will just stop paying to download them to the PC version.

My understanding is that more or less Aspyr did the PC version of its own initiative and pretty much just licensed GH3 (and its 360 C# code hence the unreasonable min reqs) from Activision and bought the excess stock of GH2 360 Xplorers from Red Octane (hence why you don't see a PC version of GH4 being touted at all yet- despite one slip-up- though it, in all likelihood, is coming to PC). Therefore, they'd need to license the DLC (ofc, assuming Activision allows them) and then entice enough people to dl the content to justify the licensing fees- on a platform where I'd certainly say the percentage of users who make use of custom notecharts is by far the highest and thus a platform that already has much of its potential demand for DLC satiated (and as far as GH3 DLC goes so far, Score Hero has indeed done a much better job of catering to my demand- having a tough time thinking of a single decent pack, given that they even screwed-up the "Modern Metal" pack...).
Running GH3 on a Windows Vista Home Premium x64 PC w/an eVGA GTX 280 and 8800GTS 640mb SSC gpgpu, Intel Q6700 2.66GHz Quad Core, and 4GB of Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066MHz RAM displaying on a Dell 2048WFP 24" 1920x1200 S-PVA and Samsung Syncmaster 204B 20.1" 1600x1200
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
quietus  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRM stands for digital rights management and can be used to describe anything that attempts to enforce usage upon someone by software, so per console encrypting CAN be used as a form of DRM.

sorry to be nit picky
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerranUp16 wrote:
(Looks around at the vast selection of note charts on Score Hero; shrugs)

Quote:
They probably prefer just PS3/360 DLC, because if they release DLC for PC, a lot of PS3/360 people will just stop paying to download them to the PC version.

My understanding is that more or less Aspyr did the PC version of its own initiative and pretty much just licensed GH3 (and its 360 C# code hence the unreasonable min reqs) from Activision and bought the excess stock of GH2 360 Xplorers from Red Octane (hence why you don't see a PC version of GH4 being touted at all yet- despite one slip-up- though it, in all likelihood, is coming to PC). Therefore, they'd need to license the DLC (ofc, assuming Activision allows them) and then entice enough people to dl the content to justify the licensing fees- on a platform where I'd certainly say the percentage of users who make use of custom notecharts is by far the highest and thus a platform that already has much of its potential demand for DLC satiated (and as far as GH3 DLC goes so far, Score Hero has indeed done a much better job of catering to my demand- having a tough time thinking of a single decent pack, given that they even screwed-up the "Modern Metal" pack...).
Aspyr only does ports. They're hired to port games, typically to Mac. Activision would've have said, here, make a new game, then you'll ship it with these controllers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: GH3 PC DLC replicas Reply with quote

I am making close-to-perfect copies of the DLC charts...only problem: only useful for single player lead parts since I am fixing charts based on videos from 4-5 years ago...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: d00m7985 PSN Name: d00m7985
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3 PC DLC replicas Reply with quote

bakonfreek wrote:
I am making close-to-perfect copies of the DLC charts...only problem: only useful for single player lead parts since I am fixing charts based on videos from 4-5 years ago...

As long as you don't distribute those charts here, then you're good.

Read THIS now.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
bakonfreek  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3 PC DLC replicas Reply with quote

skylerinman wrote:
bakonfreek wrote:

As long as you don't distribute those charts here, then you're good.

Read THIS now.

I don't plan on distributing them here, I might give them to the 1 other person on another website who gives half of a crap about my actions in this field, but other than that...meh...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: d00m7985 PSN Name: d00m7985
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how far you have gotten with this project, but just so you know, these are all already available for download in other places on the internet....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: