SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New Year's Resolutions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenericName  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ortiz1193 wrote:

How tall are you? Unless you're like 5'2 that's got to be ridiculously unhealthy. Especially at 16/17 years old. EAT. (And lift!)

Good luck on Yale too. I want to go to Penn (maybe) but I lack extra-curricular and community involvement (I blame GH obv). I'm just gonna try to rape some standardized tests and wing it >_>.

(I feel like using parenthesis)

I'm actually about 5'8. I do eat alot, but I run a fair bit also, so any calories I gain from eating, I just burn off by running. Also, genetics. My family is really thin. Also, I'm awful at lifting weights. I can bench like... 60lbs? When I'm really trying? Yeah.

Also good luck to you on Penn. Standardized tests are apparently important, so good luck on those. I've never found them super hard, so I can't really offer any advice there, lol. You should just join a sport or some
random club for an extracurricular, better to have even just a little than nothing at all for that. Good luck, etc.

karatechess  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the obligatory lose weight. (255 now, like to get between 200 and 220, so we'll see.)

And updating my movie review blog more. I've got the Tron update up, and I'll probably have True Grit up Wednesday, so hopefully it'll pick up some. (PS, if anyone was wondering, the new True Grit was better than the original with John Wayne.)
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I stated earlier that I wanted to get in shape. I'm starting tomorrow morning with running. I've never actually done any type of running as exercise like this, so any tips would be appreciated for a newbie My long term goal is to be able to go for 30-45 minutes without breaks. I'm starting tomorrow morning by running for just a few minutes with walking a few more and just keep alternating until I get around a few blocks and back to my apartment.

Also, suggestions on good running shoes? (sorry, not trying to get off topic but this is one of my New Year Resolutions)
locken  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in shape already, but I'd like to gain weight as my main resolution (11 stone at 6'3'' wutwut)

The sub-resolutions I'm making to achieve this are:

-Have an actual shopping list at uni. Lotta carbs, lotta meat
-Eat breakfast
-Wake up in time to have protein shake with breakfast on workout days
-Continue frequent use of the gym, but be more regimented with which muscle groups I choose to work (it was more of a random mix n' match during my first semester)

I also want to improve my squash game so that my uni can have some semblance of a decent team next year, seeing as nearly all of our decent players graduate this year.
GH3X - 66/70 FCs
Total - 170/211
TTFAF - 852K
Urisma  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many others have stated before, hitting the gym and being healthy. I'm not overweight or unhealthy or anything, but its currently off season (from marching band. Lol. Which is actually a great workout), so I just want to stay in good shape, perhaps gain some muscle, too.

Another resolution of mine is to program regularly, like everyday, since I enjoy it and its good for the brain. Plus I plan on majoring in computer science. Oh and finish my school stuff (stupid mandatory internship and other requirements). I'd like to finally start developing for android, iOS, since I could perhaps make a few bucks (I have ideas for some apps that I could whip up fairly quickly and post for a buck).
deadhead15  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quit smoking weed
quit eating fast food
work out more regularly, 5+ times a week is my goal
more cardio.
basically all of my stuff is just to get healthier. Im not in the worst shape but I could be better. Im 5 9 and currently weigh about 205 about 22% body fat but im pretty strong. Id like to drop down to about 175 or so and gain more muscle mass. currently rep about 230 and max 295. would like to be able to max 350 by this time next year.

Real Guitar Thread: most recent,Brand New Song In The Works http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89080

Accomplishments: most recent, Dark Matter FC (Crazy Chart)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: deadhead6391
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My New Years' Resolution is... well, I have a few:

1. Keep my relationship this entire year (in our case, this won't be hard. Like at all.)

2. Get healthier (I'm pretty healthy now, but I want to have a bit of a muscular build over the flab I have now. I'm husky, but I don't workout, so yeah.)

3. Get better at GH/RB Drums (even though we aren't supposed to bring this up in full detail in the GC, it IS one of my resolutions)

4. Ignore certain people (I'm a bifurry, and I know I should ignore some people, but sometimes it gets to me).

5. All 'n all, be a better person and a better friend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few resolutions as well, but a lot of things are just "maybe"s for now. :p

1. Maintain my relationship and keep her happy. (lookin good so far! )

2. Get healthier (Start working out again, get a better diet, maybe even start cooking at home... )

3. Play all my games! (I've been neglecting almost every game I have outside of GH, and I want to expand my horizons...)

4. Get a job. (Kind of important, actually... :p)

5. Try to learn an instrument, do some writing, watch more movies/TV shows, do something spontaneous and new... yeah, all the little things that are more "maybe" than the rest.

This is definitely looking to be a great year, though.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I like New Year's goals, better than resolutions. Resolutions just seem like "workout more, lolololololool girfriend too plz" whereas goals actually a certain desired result to work towards. Soooo......

Goals:
1. Have noticeable 6-pack abs before I graduate (in June) One of my resolutions was to "get fit" and this is just a way to measure if I've been successful
2. Pass all my AP tests (3 or better) I have AP Physics B, and AP Literature. I should be able to do this pretty easily. Lit may be hard if the multiple choice section is hard, but according to my teacher my essays are pretty good. Physics is just loleasy, since I took honors physics last year, and AP is just the same thing, just slightly more in depth. Hoping for a 4 or 5 on the physics test.
andrechi14  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericName wrote:

Any tips on how to gain weight, anyone?

eat tons of butter and lard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I stopped to bite my fingernails, and I started to do abs every 2 days and run 6 days each weeks. Thumbs up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Attend a fucking Motorhead concert.

I am determined (even if it means driving 6 hours...it's gonna fucking happen).

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: