ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1 Hard League Week 3 results and **PLAYOFFS!**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
No, we have no choice. It's all decided based on our past performance with some other tweaky things thrown in. The powers that be will decide which league you belong in. CPU and I both signed up for hard again in GH2. They put me in expert and left him in hard, go figure. He's way far ahead of me in GH2. He self bumped himself to expert then he ended up in AA2.

damn, well i don't feel ready for expert yet, i might just give the next season a miss, because i can't play GH on expert while i got exams approaching. i'd be ok in the leagues if i was still allowed to play hard mode leagues because believe it or not, leagues put stress on me. i don't just play in these leagues, i also play a texas hold em league down at our local pub, i just feel under pressure to not be humiliated. i know this sounds stupid, but its true. i feel that if i get pushed up to expert, i'm going to be submitting 92% scores most the time and i'll be near the bottom, even if i am just put in the A league.

well if this is my last season in hard, i better make the GH2 league last, as im currently 8th out of 50 people, which i believe will get me thrown in expert aswell lol.

My Youtube Videos
GH2 360 Pro Face Off TF FTW!!! (still waiting)
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ponyboy86 wrote:
i know this sounds stupid, but its true. i feel that if i get pushed up to expert, i'm going to be submitting 92% scores most the time and i'll be near the bottom, even if i am just put in the A league.

Doesn't sound stupid at all, in fact, that's exactly where I'm at right now
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv RJUCPU PSN Name: RJUCPU Wii Friend Code: 429619949789
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
ponyboy86 wrote:
i know this sounds stupid, but its true. i feel that if i get pushed up to expert, i'm going to be submitting 92% scores most the time and i'll be near the bottom, even if i am just put in the A league.

doesn't it feel like you're not getting anywhere though?

My Youtube Videos
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ponyboy86 wrote:
RJUCPU wrote:
ponyboy86 wrote:

doesn't it feel like you're not getting anywhere though?

Yes, that's exactly what it feels like, feels like I'm going backwards and it's actually hurt my hard playing more than helped it. Just trying to hit enough notes in expert to get through a song and get a little higher score instead of having to strategically plan out SP's and nail the solo's (or come close). Makes me nervous and stressed, not very much fun.

I know in time it will come, felt that way when I went to hard from medium and got the dreaded orange key lol. But kept telling myself eventually it will be second nature to reach for it and now it is. I just don't think now is the time since there's still so much I need to learn.

I'm most likely going to drop out of A2 until I feel I can actually play a whole song instead of just playing the beginning and end and flailing through the solos.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv RJUCPU PSN Name: RJUCPU Wii Friend Code: 429619949789
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am at that point as well. For some reason I got put into AA-3, and I have no clue how. I have no hope of doing well and I almost have no want to succeed at expert because I enjoy playing hard so much. That is my test of skill level not expert where notes come and I flail to hit whatever I can with no skill at all. I assume that there are alot of others out there like that so hopefully a hard div. for expert players will be introduced, that would be awesome.

Cheers
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
I am at that point as well. For some reason I got put into AA-3, and I have no clue how. I have no hope of doing well and I almost have no want to succeed at expert because I enjoy playing hard so much. That is my test of skill level not expert where notes come and I flail to hit whatever I can with no skill at all. I assume that there are alot of others out there like that so hopefully a hard div. for expert players will be introduced, that would be awesome.

i can remember elx moved you up to expert at the start, you were in B i remember.
I'm still in league B bizaarely and elx hasnt bumped me up after my victorious first week jumping to 8th place out of 50 people and taking first place in MiaB!

I agree that expert is more pain than it's worth, Hard is kinda partially expert but there is no great skill needed on most songs to FC them. But a good thing is that not everyone FC's the songs on hard like on medium leagues, which calls for a decent spread of results.

Whereas expert, there is a spread of results so big that the players at the bottom of the rankings get such a confidence knock that they just lose their will on expert.

I've played expert, i suck at those ridiculously HO/PO reliant solos or strum heavy sections (Mother, "Butthole Surfing", The Trooper, Freebird etc.). But i can nail a lot of expert riffs.

I can't pass Jordan, i fail at 52-55% everytime. I can pass Six with an ugly 3* score. I can pass CBFH with a 120K run. BatM, I got 145K the other day on expert. In fact Jordan and Trippolette and the only songs i fail on expert now.

But i'm still nowhere near wanting to take on the expert leagues, its a tough road out there and it looks like i'll have to start running down this road soon.

My Youtube Videos
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a reminder that playoff scores should be sent to me and they are due 3am EST, that's about 7 hours from the time of this post.

My Youtube Videos
sukergod  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh shit, I thought this was due on Monday night. Oh well gonna have to go with what I got, its a good thing I looked at this before I went to bed.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending mine in now. Got around where I wanted to be but still think I could eke out a few more points but can't get another good run going so gonna hang it up. However, I now have faith that the fc on this song WILL be mine someday in the near future

Good luck suker, either way, it was a good match-up based on our overall standings. Should be close.
CPURules  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, what fun. I think I did decently, I got what I had hoped for, and so I'm sending in soon. =D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
ponyboy86  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these are what scores i received emptyset

Code:
emptyset  283666  99%  814ns
RJUCPU    245340  98%  370ns
sukergod  242366  99%  612ns

i did not receive a PM from CPURules though sorry

that would mean emptyset and RJUCPU are in the finals

My Youtube Videos
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know cpurules did the song and know his score was 241,xxx (which still wouldn't have been good enuf but still...)

I'll have to ask him what happened, he probably just spazzed.

Good job suker, it was close!!

And {}... that's a hell of a non-fc score. Hope the random song is kind to me so i can at least turn in a score i'm not emabarrassed with against you. Good luck.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was very close between us, im just pissed I forgot it was due lastnight and I didnt get a chance to go over it again, but its all good. It should be a good final, you have your work cut out for you RJU. Im also hoping that the final song is a good one.

Cheers
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
it was very close between us, im just pissed I forgot it was due lastnight and I didnt get a chance to go over it again, but its all good. It should be a good final, you have your work cut out for you RJU. Im also hoping that the final song is a good one.

I was stuck at 236k forever. Finally decided yesterday afternoon to give it another couple runs. First run was 233 then second run I miss one of the SP's in the solo forcing me to activate in a different spot and BAM. Couldn't believe it. Tried once or twice more to beat that but just couldn't as had too much other stuff going on. I knew it was going to be close between us and was afraid it wouldn't hold up.

I win the bet with CPU tho, my guesstimate for {} was low 280's, high 270's

{}... i'm just amazed by your awesomeness lol, don't crush me too badly in the final, take some pity on a poor old lady
sukergod  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was stuck at 236k forever. Finally decided yesterday afternoon to give it another couple runs. First run was 233 then second run I miss one of the SP's in the solo forcing me to activate in a different spot and BAM. Couldn't believe it. Tried once or twice more to beat that but just couldn't as had too much other stuff going on. I knew it was going to be close between us and was afraid it wouldn't hold up.

Thats the way I was to, but I knew my score would increase if I could just get the part at the beginning, which in this run I did, up to the second solo, and than i missed the sp leading into it, I was mortified, and messed up so much afterwards. I couldnt get that part again afterwards. Im still hapyy with my score though. Time to go play AOS now, and I picked the song cause I like it, not cause im good at it

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: