ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Huge lagg on guitar hero 3 pc! 50 ms! Nvida graphics??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simengj  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Huge lagg on guitar hero 3 pc! 50 ms! Nvida graphics?? Reply with quote

Hi
i have a laptop with gh3 pc.
it is a HP HDX 16 series.

is runs gh 3 pretty smooth, 60 fps with everyting set on high.
But it is lag! over 50 ms!
I have calibrated it but it is verry anoying when the flames are comming up like 300ms after i have hit the note!

the settings in nvida controlpanel is set at: Let the 3D application decide.

when i use advanced 3d settings and disable vertical sync, it is no lag at all! But vierd to play without flames..

Is the any way to get 0 ms inn lagg with the flames?
maby a new graphics card? Radeon, ati?

Anyone else have this problem with nvida graphics?
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell what your problem is: the flame glitch is a result of the game running at more than 60 FPS, it's not supposed to and you should probably lock it somehow (bad programming, yeah). If you are getting 50 MS of lag you should be able to calibrate it in the menus, 300 is slightly worse but can be fixed by editing the lag variables in the files of the game folder.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,
my problem is lagg!

when the game is running 60 fsp it is around 50ms lagg (calibrated) and the flames are "popping up" late..

But when i disable vertical sync it is 0ms lagg!
so my HD screen has no lagg!
it has also 0ms lagg when i play stepmania.

Maybe the graphics card does not support GH?

any tips on any software i can innstall or change to get GH to work properly on my pc? (without lagg like it is ment to do!!!)

Disable vertical sync and lock the fps to 60??
maby that will work?
limpknot  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem,I got a ATI card.It seems that is game's problem.
same problem with GHWT PC
the only thing I want to know is dose the xbox 360 version has the same problem?
Irixion  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn Vsync on. It should NEVER be off for games that need time based input. There's no such thing as 'unsupported GFX' card, but no.

It's GH3. Piece of crap anyway, bad port is bad.
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irixion wrote:
Turn Vsync on. It should NEVER be off for games that need time based input. There's no such thing as 'unsupported GFX' card, but no.

It's GH3. Piece of crap anyway, bad port is bad.

Y'know, or not. Many (including myself) can play fine without it and it actually makes the game playable. I can't run it at a viable framerate without it forced off and the lack of flames makes me play better.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing without flames may seem wierd at first, but seriously it makes u better at the game imo.
With the flames it's easy to know if u've dropped a note, but without flames u can't really tell. This may seem like it would make u play worse but it's kind of the opposite.

When u don't know that ur going to drop a note, u will sort of believe in your own ability to hit the notes instead of worrying that ur gonna drop a note. Especially in a intense hammer on solo, u will just let ur hand move without thinking and achieve more than u thought possible.

Lol it sounds like some cheesy movie "believe in yourself". But really that's what it is imo. The stuff i've achieved in GH3PC without flames is amazing, and yet i can't pass ttfaf on 360......
simengj  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how do we fix it?

If you se at one of guitarphenom gh custom videos (one that he has the flames on!) you can se that the flames are popping up at the right time and the game is running propely.
I can post a link if someone cant find if...

How does he get it to work?
oodle  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh thats because phenom is really really rich, and by being rich that means he has a super duper computer/laptop to run it.

On my new laptop ASUS intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, windows 7, it runs semi smoothly with flames on, but its better with them off.

Now phenom probably has a Quad core 3ghz comp with like 16gigs of ram running his game.
ZxSlippy  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PC version of GH3 is ported horribly and having VSync on makes the game lag, you will need to force VSync off through a third party program's means as Aspyr did not include an option to in-game.

You can either use your graphic's cards program to do it, which may or may not work depending on which version or OS you're running, but the preferred method is 3D Analyze, which you can download here:

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/

Download it, run it, and select the GH3.exe file with the program, and at the bottom make sure "Performance Mode" is checked ON, run the game, you'll be running at over 60 fps, it will take a few times playing to get used to the increased FPS, but this allows for lag-free game play, although you do have to whammy harder.

Also, the way Phenom does it, is I believe he uses a TV Tuner to record his videos through external means, he doesn't use fraps.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the "no vsync", replace the hitflame image with a transparent image
oodle  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one of the menus in GH3 my game went up to 1500fps (had fraps on, but not recording)
During gameplay it however around 400+fps

Ok i have a semi solution to lag problem. First download the 3danalyze program that Zxslippy linked.

Tick these boxes

-Performance-
Disable lighting
Disable two sided stencil

-Pixel and Vertex Shader-
skip pixel shader version 1.1
skip pixel shader version 1.4
force low precision pixel shader

-Remove Stuttering-
performance mode

Z-buffer
force 16 bit zbuffer (without stencil)

Now all of these functions will prevent starpower from lagging (due to effects such as bats or butterflies that occur when playing someone like lou being disabled)
Also the little flames in the background from the characters guitar will be removed
And if u want to take it further tick the counters box in Performance (but it may be annoying seeing these numbers on he bottom left hand corner of the screen)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: