Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RockSmith: Authentic Guitar Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with the interface in that one picture? I have no idea what it's supposed to show you about what's going on.

Also, where are the controller components exactly? I'm pretty sure those are required and all I'm seeing a plain guitar to USB cable and a guitar that clearly has none of the controller parts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually sounds pretty cool now that I look at it. Certainly if they can pull the game aspect off well, it'll be a much better idea than the pro aspect in Rock Band. I actually like that I can use my Xbox as an amp, cause where I usually jam with my guitar, it's in a small space where my amp doesn't fit into very well, so if anything, it'll be a cheap amp to use whenever I want lol

Basically if it works, it could be quite awesome. I'll still play GH/RB, cause that's played for a different reason, but if this really can do some teaching, cause I'm hardly that good of a guitar player, might even be beneficial.
DeviousBroccoli  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Wutdaflux wrote:
Power Gig V2.

Forgive my skepticism, but I'm skeptical.

Can you call it imitation when the general gaming public doesn't know what Pro Guitar is, or even that it exists at all? Reading the comments at GameSpot, when they weren't being snide about music games in general, most seemed unaware that Rock Band 3 already does something like this (minus the "any guitar" part, of course).

I mean, people still say Rock Band ripped off Guitar Hero. There's some kind of ill communication going on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DeviousBroccoli PSN Name: DeviousBroccoli
Eyce  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the reception that the RB3 Squier got, I'm pretty interested in seeing how this pans out.

The OSD reminds me a bit of Frets on Fire, but we'll see how the actual gameplay goes.
Robbert  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:

And before someone brings up RB3 Pro Guitar, that doesn't feel like I'm actually playing real guitar, but more like a very much more difficult Rock Band guitar. Maybe it's the Mustang being buttons, but it feels like a video game, not like I'm actually playing the guitar. The squire I do not like the play, but this game would honestly not be something I'd do because I already play real guitar and know a ton of songs (mostly my own.)

Don't forget that the Mustang has just that: buttons. They don't even closely resemble the actual strings, making it just another multi-buttoned, guitar shaped controller.

If you're talking about the Squier that RB3 can use in its pro-mode: does that actually work decently and is the interface clean and understandable?
I mean, from the quick pieces of gameplay that I saw, you could see an ugly interface resembling the fretboard at the bottom of the screen and rotating squares or something. Not exactly ideal, so maybe they could 'borrow' a thing or two from RB3 if it works.

HellAshes wrote:
However, if there's a feature that lets you put your own guitar tabs up online to download, I would definitely grab this for that.

Agreed!
I'd also like a GH'ish approach to the songs: a mix of rhythm and lead guitar in the same song and not just lead or rhythm guitar all the way.

I'm also interested in how it'll handle chord input without pressure detection like the RB3 Squier: how free are you to form the same chord in different ways? Those can be important aspects for some players and if you're allowed the freedom to play the chords how you wish, that'd be awesome.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The game will feature tracks from The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Interpol and Nirvana among others. Ubisoft is demoing the game this weekend at the South by Southwest festival. It will be playable at La Zona Rosa in Austin, Texas on Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 19 from 1-4 p.m.

http://is.gd/8TLBmf

Should be hearing impressions soon then.

--

Quote:
Rocksmith Hey everyone. LOVE the enthusiasm and interest. here are a few answers that I can provide right now:

@Marios: As with any real instrument tuning is essential. Rocksmith will help you tune your guitar so you’ll be off and jamming in no time.

@Jeroen: Rocksmith will feature both lead and rhythm, from single notes to complex chords. The game will measure bends and determine the accuracy of your bends. We will also offer alternate tunings in the game for more advanced players.

toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2011/03/rocksmith.php

Rolling Stones track is "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

Also they kind of mention DLC possibilities
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2011/03/rocksmith.php

Rolling Stones track is "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

Also they kind of mention DLC possibilities

I hope they go the way Harmonix is going with the Pro DLC, by having songs that are known to have iconic guitar riffs/solos etc. This is a good start.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Last week I was in Austin for South by Southwest, a huge festival for interactive, film and most famous for music. That’s why SXSW was the perfect outlet to unveil our new game, Rocksmith! After spending a week in its presence, I am thoroughly convinced it is the game to breathe new life into the music genre; recently deemed deadened by gaming news sources.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes, guys- this one’s different. It’s really a real guitar. It plugs straight from your Xbox’s USB port into a standard ¼ inch guitar jack. So there are no plastic peripherals or any of that tried and tired nonsense – just a genuine guitar experience.
The gameplay is adaptive, so whether you’re a beginning guitar player or an expert one, you can enjoy and benefit from this game. It’s going to include a whopping 50 pedals and additionally serve as an amp in your TV setup. The game will also provide a revolutionary form of tablature, allowing players to learn new songs straight from the game rather than by printed page.

As I’ve said before, I’ve always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Once I got my hands on Rocksmith, I knew it could be a fun new way to learn. There was a long line outside the tour bus we had four setups each outfitted with a guitar, Rocksmith, a pair of ASTRO headsets and a professional guitarist.. I watched a mix of musicians, gamers & average Jacks put their concert and barhopping on hold to wait in our Rocksmith bus line. The faces of the people waiting to play conveyed a mix of eagerness and skepticism. It was a heartening experience to watch them go from that to picking up a guitar, play the game and immediately having fantastic things to say about Rocksmith.

I helped hype the game & catch the eye of artists we wanted to get on the game. Among others I got Gary Clark Jr to play, a guitarist I’d previously never heard of before but got to and wow can he wail! He was really great. We also got a few artists from Beast Make Bomb, Surfer Blood, The Tenants and several other bands to try out & speak on the game – all were honestly impressed and had wonderful things to say about it

http://www.fragdolls.com/index.php/blogs/detail/category/glitch/results_are_in_rocksmith_officially_rocks
ricecake  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I'm concerned about when using the TV as an amp is lag. Due to lag, I can't effectively use the drum freestyle mode on Rock Band, and I don't see how this will be any different.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeviousBroccoli wrote:

Can you call it imitation when the general gaming public doesn't know what Pro Guitar is, or even that it exists at all? Reading the comments at GameSpot, when they weren't being snide about music games in general, most seemed unaware that Rock Band 3 already does something like this (minus the "any guitar" part, of course).

I mean, people still say Rock Band ripped off Guitar Hero. There's some kind of ill communication going on.

Ya you're also talking about Gamespot, 3/4 of the playerbase and employees there doesn't accept the fact that any genre of games is worth money aside from First Person Shooters.

Gamespot is basically the same as the Rolling Stone, but for gamers, they just focus on what's popular and pretend the rest doesn't exist.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what I'm wondering is, is this guitar only? I have a bass I'd like to learn how to play but they're only talking guitar from what I see. They had better not be anti-bassists like power gig was.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said they're focusing on guitar instead of bass guitar, so it looks like they'll be disappointing you.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
They said they're focusing on guitar instead of bass guitar, so it looks like they'll be disappointing you.

They certainly will.

Also, "any guitar"? Like I could go buy a six string bass and use that to play the guitar parts? Or maybe a 7/8/12 string guitar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: