ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate HP. A LOT.

Everything about them, from their terrible built laptops to their terrible built desktops with motherboards that die after a year.

I am currently doing a screen replacement on an HP laptop... fairly new.

I have to disassemble the entire laptop, because I have to undo the hinges to the screen, because the bezel is too thick for me to just slide out otherwise. Seriously.

Not to mention the countless laptops that I disassembled and fixed your flaw with a penny. Yes HP, a fucking penny. I heat gun your Nvidia or ATI graphics card, to reflow the solder joints, and replace your super thick thermal pad that does not put enough pressure on the GPU, with a penny. A fucking penny. Its cheaper to use a penny than that stupid thermal pad, and it works 100x better, and it runs cooler. A fucking penny.

I'm also angry with my girlfriend. No, I am not going to cheat on you. I'm sorry you have had shitty boyfriends, but I am not like them. Seriously, we do this every week.

I stay with her the entire weekend. Everything is fine and dandy. I go home Sunday night, like late night. Monday night she's depressed and is making sure and asking if I am going to cheat on her or not.

First thing. When do I have time? Every Tuesday and Thursday, I am too busy getting mounted by my teacher (Jiu Jitsu, more on that later lol). Friday to Sunday I am with her. Monday and Wednesday, we're watching a movie together or playing on xbox live or something together. It is physically not possible to cheat on you, if I wanted to.

Oh and when I say I am doing jiu jitsu, I really am doing jiu jitsu. Quit blowing up my phone then asking me if I am cheating on you when I don't respond. She did this before, a couple times. Every response back was, I'm sorry I couldn't get to the phone, I was too busy being mounted by my teacher and mounting a 16 year old kid.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND! I cannot fucking stand when people will include "i love *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" or "i miss you *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" with LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING STATUS! I don't mind if you have one post here or there or if you post on their wall every so often. BUT EVERY FUCKING STATUS!? SHUT THE HELL UP! The worst is when it has been like 2 weeks since they started going out and i just want to smack the shit out of said person. I've been going out with my girlfriend for 2 weeks now, and there have been 2 posts about her that i made, one that i was hanging out with her PRIOR to us dating, and the other was the post about our relationship status change.

Holy fucking shit I could go on about this ALL DAY. You don't even know. It's gotten to the point where I can not even stand to see people in a relationship, see a picture of them with their girlfriend, whatever. Perfectly normal actions that I shouldn't be that bothered by but because some people have to make a big fucking show out of it for everyone to see I now hold an immaculate disdain for anyone who's in a relationship. I had a friend whose girlfriend would literally post every day about how much she loved him, song lyrics about how he was her life, and I don't think anyone besides her and him cared. And I liked him, too.... So now I just get mad at anyone in a relationship because I'm hypersensitive about it. :/ Which is unfortunate because plenty of people are in healthy relationships where people understand that the world is not about them being in love...

Also Squirrel, completely agree about HP, mine's been shit too.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND! I cannot fucking stand when people will include "i love *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" or "i miss you *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" with LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING STATUS! I don't mind if you have one post here or there or if you post on their wall every so often. BUT EVERY FUCKING STATUS!? SHUT THE HELL UP! The worst is when it has been like 2 weeks since they started going out and i just want to smack the shit out of said person. I've been going out with my girlfriend for 2 weeks now, and there have been 2 posts about her that i made, one that i was hanging out with her PRIOR to us dating, and the other was the post about our relationship status change.

With most people, I don't have too much of a problem - it's annoying, but I can generally ignore it. What really does annoy me is when my nephew (aged 9) and my little cousin (aged 12) start chatting on and on about their girlfriends. Ugh, don't get me started.

I normally have plenty of rants stored up ready to let fly with, but right now most of them are pretty much self-directed so there's not much point boring everyone here with my own emo shite.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell will freeze over and the world will implode when I'm walking on my university campus and hear a car that driving by that's not blasting ignorant ghetto rap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when people call genres of music "ignorant".
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:

Maybe he just meant ignorant ghetto rap, as opposed to knowledgable ghetto rap.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Yewb wrote:

Yeah, but music doesn't think, it can't be ignorant of things.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Yewb wrote:

Yeah, but music doesn't think, it can't be ignorant of things.

Maybe the ghetto is ignorant here?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More about facebook. The polls that are popping up everywhere. One was "Is there a God". And other random polls. I just don't care, at all, in any way shape or form, about what you think about random ass subjects. It annoys me.

That is all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Chance. 'Nuff said

GH:WoR Hard Guitar FC's: 24/93
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:

Once I see someone do that every day, they go on the ignore list.
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Seriously, I'm probably the last person to do a "no call, no show" (even though it wasn't technically that since they KNEW I wasn't going to be there), and probably the first person they've ever written up for that. Aaaargh, makes me even more mad typing this out.

Someone I know at work was a "no call no show" the other week and didn't even get written up because he's a manager favorite. He also happens to be an insanely large douchebag who thinks he's the best busser in the damn store and complains about fucking everything. Bastard.

Anyhow, take this up with your GM or even DM maybe?

---

Quote:
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND! I cannot fucking stand when people will include "i love *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" or "i miss you *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" with LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING STATUS! I don't mind if you have one post here or there or if you post on their wall every so often. BUT EVERY FUCKING STATUS!? SHUT THE HELL UP!

My god, this. Even when it's not as obvious, constant relationship whoring gets on my nerves. Although that may also be due to me being a cynical bastard plus I'm still crushing on a chick that does this often. Meh.

You know what really gets on my nerves FB-wise, though? The change-your-avatar-to-something-to-raise-awareness shit. I have a long rant typed up here somewhere...

[Edit] Here it is! Copy and pasted directly from a note that I have up on my FB.

So, there's a common fad I have noticed on Facebook that has become one of my greatest annoyances. Once in a while, there will be a fad going around where people change their profile pictures to that of something not-them in order to "raise awareness" for an issue. Cartoon characters for child abuse, animals for animal abuse, and so on.

I find this extremely fucking stupid.

Let me copy and paste the "standard" message for the current flavor-of-the-month issue - animal abuse - for reference: "Change your profile pic and add a photo of your pet or an animal you like. The idea is not to see human images on Facebook until February 28 and cooperate with the campaign against animal abuse. If you are against animal abuse, copy and paste this message on your wall."

Let's now go through what's wrong with this idea.

First off, you're not going to get everyone on Facebook to change their profile picture. It just won't happen. Even for a serious issue, you'll be lucky to get half your friends to participate. For fuck's sake, I noticed more of my friends changing their profile picture for Pokemon Profile Picture Month (which I participated in) than for any of these "awareness fads". People just do not care. They may comment or notice the change in your photo, but this isn't going to make them go out and donate to a charity. And actually, I have a challenge for anyone that has participated in one of these fads. I would like anyone reading this to show me the amount of money donated to a charity for animal or child abuse (or any other issue), and prove that there is an increase in money donated during the time period of these fads. The burden of proof is on you. If someone can prove that changing your profile picture directly correlates to an increase in donations to ANY charity related to the profile pic's attached issue, I will concede and admit that this silly fad makes a difference. Until then, my point stands.

Now, you may be thinking, "Well, just because it might not work doesn't mean we can't try!", or "It couldn't hurt to raise awareness!". Alright, you may have a valid point. However, this brings me to the next point in my rant - people who participate in these things don't seem to give a fuck either. Most of them will do something easy, like change their profile picture, because it does not require effort. However, they will just change their profile pic back at the end of this time period and forget about the entire thing. You won't see another status or wall post concerning this issue until the next picture change time rolls around. They aren't putting any effort into it, or actually donating to any charity to try and change things, so it's not going to help. Not only that, but I don't even see any links to charities. Ever. For animal abuse, you could link to the ASPCA, The Humane Society, hell, even PETA (googling "animal abuse charity/foundation" brings up a huge list of results). Even if the person doesn't donate, a single link would help raise more awareness than changing your picture. But even if a bandwagoner posts a link, like I said earlier, you will never see another one outside of the current fad.

I'll be honest - I don't donate to charities... with one exception. I posted the link to the "Humble Indie Bundle" some time around Christmas. You could pay any price you want for 5 select computer games, and choose where your money went. I chose to put a good portion of my money towards Child's Play - a charity that donates toys, books, etc. to sick kids in hospitals. Not only did I spend $5/$10 (don't recall) on my own purchase, I spent about $8 to purchase the bundle for a friend. And I advertised the bundle on Facebook. Twice, I think. And while I haven't made another status about Child's Play since (thus being slightly hypocritical here), to be fair, the bundle -was- a limited time offer and it was a great way to raise money for a good cause. So I advertised it while it was available. Admittedly though, other than this one time, I stay away from charities.

So maybe I shouldn't bitch about people trying to raise awareness, but it still bugs me. If only due to the fact that they'd never pull something like this otherwise - I have no problem if someone posted charity links often and participated in these fads. And I suppose people can do what they want, I just think I have a right to express my discontent. But if you honestly feel like changing your profile pic for a few days will make a difference somehow - go for it. It's not causing harm, even if it's annoying. I'll just go participate in a fun profile pic change that -doesn't- have an awareness cause tacked on for no reason other than to seem self-righteous. Like Pokemon Profile Picture Month (I already know what my choice is for this year's, too).

Anyways, I don't know, this just really grinds my gears and I had to get it off my chest. I think I had more to say, but I forgot the specifics. I may add them later if I remember.

Disclaimer - I'm not trying to offend any specific people with this note. I'm just generalizing here. Anytime I say "you" or "they" or whatever, I have a mental picture in my head of generic "sheeple" who just go along with whatever's popular - not necessarily you. Please don't take offense.

If you scrolled for a tl;dr (too long; didn't read) version: fuck you, go read it.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InflatablePie wrote:
If you scrolled for a tl;dr (too long; didn't read) version: fuck you, go read it.

That's a shame, I'd like to know the stretch before reading something.

You know what, let that be my subject for rant for now. tl;dr's are helpful.

EDIT: Obligatory fuck that so people know I'm being serious.

p5yk0ticREAP3R  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hate snowbirds. They can't drive for shit, they're rude as hell, and no one likes them. GO HOME DAMNIT!!!

GH:WoR Hard Guitar FC's: 24/93
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p5yk0ticREAP3R wrote:
I also hate snowbirds. They can't drive for shit, they're rude as hell, and no one likes them. GO HOME DAMNIT!!!

I have the same problem with most fish.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 4 of 400

Jump to: