ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that don't know, I had surgery almost three weeks ago (the first Wednesday of my two week Spring Break), and I'm sick and tired of waiting for it to heal. Honestly, I have gained a lot more mobility since I had the first set of stitches removed last Monday, but it's still so bothersome. At least I get the second set removed this Wednesday, but I'll still have to wait for it to completely finish healing to basically be able to return back to 100%. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
Learning Japanese is hard, but I guess thats because my brother and I are trying to learn it using Google Translator. :P

Rosetta Stone is fucking expensive. $180.00 for ONLY LEVEL 1!!!!! All levels after that add an additional $100.00. Fuck that shit. Google Translator it is.

utorrent is too risky for Rosetta Stone

There's this thing called the internet. I heard you can get stuff for free on it.

Size 0 font? Really dude?

Also, how is it risky?

I actually try to find free programs that would teach me it, with no success. Size 0 font because I don't want Rosetta Stone spies to see it. And, tbh, it probably won't be risky, but once, my friend got like some crazy virus from getting a bunch of crap from utorrent, and ever since then, it scares me.

Even though, it was never confirmed that the virus was from utorrent, he got it like only in a few weeks of getting utorrent, and in those few weeks, he got so much shit. I mean, I might try it, but I'm a little scared.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
Learning Japanese is hard, but I guess thats because my brother and I are trying to learn it using Google Translator. :P

Rosetta Stone is fucking expensive. $180.00 for ONLY LEVEL 1!!!!! All levels after that add an additional $100.00. Fuck that shit. Google Translator it is.

utorrent is too risky for Rosetta Stone

There's this thing called the internet. I heard you can get stuff for free on it.

Size 0 font? Really dude?

Also, how is it risky?

I actually try to find free programs that would teach me it, with no success. Size 0 font because I don't want Rosetta Stone spies to see it. And, tbh, it probably won't be risky, but once, my friend got like some crazy virus from getting a bunch of crap from utorrent, and ever since then, it scares me.

Even though, it was never confirmed that the virus was from utorrent, he got it like only in a few weeks of getting utorrent, and in those few weeks, he got so much shit. I mean, I might try it, but I'm a little scared.

Pretty sure linking to stuff like that is against the rules here, but PM and me and I'll lead you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
Being for gay marriage/against gay adoption is a really weak stance because it means you're personally OK with it but don't have enough of a backbone to actually want to change the public's image of homosexuality. Marriage generally means starting a family, and a family usually has children. Of course there are exceptions but this is the general rule. What's the fucking point of legalizing marriage if you aren't going to legalize probably the #1 people get married - intent to start a family.

Did you completely miss the point of my whole post?
I personally do not like the idea of adoption, from my own experiences. That doesn't mean in any way shape or form that I disagree with it for everyone else.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough, I kind of expanded a little on it in a PM, but I forget what I put in my post and what's in the PM.

Anyway, rants =/= gay rights.
So Android, you're meant to be an open source platform. Why is it that when I go into a shop for a new USB cable the staff tells me that rooting and ROMing my device voids the warranty? Doesn't sound too open to me.

Beard, grow faster, I'm sick of patchy chin hair and a furry neck. I want full on face fuzz. Thanks.

Also, why on earth do muffins come in packs of 4, when there are 5 people in my house who ant muffins. PANDER TO MY NEEDS WORLD.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Otend  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staff Edit -- the posts you are complaining about having been removed were removed because they were flaming other users.

I see people go "Games aren't art, they can't be art." They seem to never provide a genuine reason. And when they do provide a reason, it tends to be something stupidly subjective.

Yes, I know artistic validity is an opinion, but still, it's my soapbox time <__<
Twang  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otend wrote:
I have something to rant about: how the moderation staff decided to basically kill off a page of posts. It feels like Conservapedia in here, doesn't it?

No, not really. That fella with the Waffles (or was it aces? I skimmed the whole argument) was an obvious troll if you ask me. Good riddance, I say.

Quote:
I see people go "Games aren't art, they can't be art." They seem to never provide a genuine reason. And when they do provide a reason, it tends to be something stupidly subjective.

Yes, I know artistic validity is an opinion, but still, it's my soapbox time <__<

Agreed. Some people just think that because Hideo Kojima said games aren't art, that it's the be-all-end-all truth. Great dude and all, but his definition of art...is strange. Not going to call it wrong, because that would be undermining the point of opinions, and indeed art itself, but still...he goes on about horses and shit, I have no idea. He seems to forget that different mediums have different standards for what is considered artistic. Like a typical superhero movie compared to Casablanca, or Nickelback compared to Radiohead/pretty much any other band out there. Then again, he's been working on the same series for 25 years now, so maybe he's just a bit jaded. He probably feels like game design is just another job at this point.

I'm not a psychoanalyst, so I'm not gonna say I know what he's thinking. I just call it as I see it.

Mini-rant: I cannot type the word "quote" without spelling it wrong at least once. Usually as "qupte" but when I typed it in the previous sentence, I started it with a W... I do it so often, that on another forum where I have access to the admin CP, I set a filter to fix it automatically.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Mini-rant: I cannot type the word "quote" without spelling it wrong at least once.

For me it's "restaurant" I swear my spell check changes the spelling of the word just to mess with me. lol

Also, how do people live filthy lives??? Seriously, I just moved into a new apartment today, and even though he "cleaned" it up, it's just filthy still. It's literally taking me forever to clean the bathroom. I had to wipe everything down, get a NEW bucket of water and a NEW rag, and do it again. My white rag is almost black for just the toilet and the floor around it. Absolutely disgusting. Urine all over the place - walls, tub, toilet, everywhere. Matter of fact, I'm going to have to paint because some of it just won't come off. Ugh. So disgusting.

And don't even get me started on what the bathtub looks like.....
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Twang wrote:
Mini-rant: I cannot type the word "quote" without spelling it wrong at least once.

For me it's "restaurant" I swear my spell check changes the spelling of the word just to mess with me. lol

Also, how do people live filthy lives??? Seriously, I just moved into a new apartment today, and even though he "cleaned" it up, it's just filthy still. It's literally taking me forever to clean the bathroom. I had to wipe everything down, get a NEW bucket of water and a NEW rag, and do it again. My white rag is almost black for just the toilet and the floor around it. Absolutely disgusting. Urine all over the place - walls, tub, toilet, everywhere. Matter of fact, I'm going to have to paint because some of it just won't come off. Ugh. So disgusting.

I agree. I've gone to people's houses and wondered how they lived in such filth. It's a stunt to see the floor sometimes and there's garbage, clothes, etc. everywhere. It boosts my self-confidence when I see people who live in such a mess compared to my OCD-friendly room.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Twang wrote:

Why would you move in there then? Fuck that, I'd live out of my car before that piece of shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in the apartment upstairs. This one was a lot bigger and I planned on cleaning it up before moving in. It's actually a nice apartment, the previous tenant just didn't take care of it. However, due to some circumstances, I had to move in right away today before I got a chance to clean (the other tenant still had boxes here). So I've been cleaning but I've had enough. I hired someone to finish the job tomorrow
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... that must've been some filthy apartment there !! I don't have OCD when it comes to cleaning, but still I couldn't let anyone in, let alone leave the place to go somewhere else without it being clean as hell (lol clean as hell...) Good luck with that.

I hate how I can't say to anyone (at work for example, when people say what they did during the week-end) "I played games, and had very deep and interesting conversations all night with some people, so refreshing " ... without at least one of them saying "bawww wtfail, don't you feel like going outside sometimes ? Internet is just not real" and other freaking dumb stuff like that.

Really ? They seem to be missing
- the part where I'm telling I had interesting conversations (or assume it was at the level of Rebecca/Justin, who knows).
- the part that says "people = real". If Internet helps talking with more people, how is it "not real". Since when do you have to see someone in front of you to talk with them for it to be real ?
- the part where I said I also went outside saturday night AND sunday for lunch.

I guess I'm sick of outdated people whose fav quotes are "it was better before" (which is random and means all + nothing at the same time) and "outside >>> inside" .

When I'm a bit too sick of those asshats, I might just tell them "internet/not real people" are more interesting than they are (which is very true for some of them)
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my friends think terrorism is going to end soon, if even over a period of a couple of years and things will quiet down because Osama is dead.

Hahaha where do people get these crazy ideas

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
All of my friends think terrorism is going to end soon, if even over a period of a couple of years and things will quiet down because Osama is dead.

Hahaha where do people get these crazy ideas
This.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't feeling well during finals week. First, I had a sore throat, then I had a stuffy nose and felt drowsy. It does NOT help during finals.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
Damn... that must've been some filthy apartment there !! I don't have OCD when it comes to cleaning, but still I couldn't let anyone in, let alone leave the place to go somewhere else without it being clean as hell (lol clean as hell...) Good luck with that.

I really wish I had some "before" pictures so I could show you guys JUST HOW BAD it was. The cleaning lady did a phenomenal job. I also got someone to help me paint the living room which is just about finished (just about an hour's worth of trim work left). After that's all done, I'm having border put up at the top of the walls in the living room to top it all off. Will look really nice once it's all said and done (already looks 1000x better). AND I installed a brand new ceiling fan all by myself! Woo! Pretty psyched about that. And it wasn't an easy cheap fan either. I paid good money for it and believe me, they make it worth every cent trying to put the stupid thing together. lol

Also, I'm glad for the nice weather, but man, people just don't eat out as much with sunshine like today. Work sucked so bad due to it being just dead. Oh, and why the crap won't my toilet work? My landlord even put new innards (lol) in the tank, and it still won't flush. Ugh.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 45 of 400

Jump to: