ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Best FC of its time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malum  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Best FC of its time Reply with quote

Here's an interesting question: What do you think is the best FC of its time? I put the question that way instead of "best FC of all time" because the answer will obviously be different. What do you think is the FC that was the most important to Guitar Hero when it happened?

When you answer, consider when it happened and how good other players were when it happened.

I'd have to say it was iamchris4life's TTFAF FC. I feel as if the TTFAF FC opened the floodgates for all of the incredible work done later. I would have to say HellAshes's Jordan FC follows in a close second. Much like TTFAF, it was the beast of its time and it's what everyone wanted.

Last edited by Malum on Mon May 30, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say Jordan. Jordan was the first song considered "impossible" and like every "impossible" song since, it fell when someone actually tried. It being taken down is proof that this community can take out anything as long as it's not impossible due to software/hardware constraints. As far as I remember, it was the first major FC achieved with tapping as well.

While it's a little off from your intended topic of guitar FCs, I'll also say that Black Betty is the best drum FC for much the same reason. Our drummers have been good for while even leading up to that FC, but previous "epic" FCs had all been pretty simple charts, compared to the hyper-accuracy of Black Betty, and that charting had gotten it the "impossible" title, which like its guitar brethren, didn't actually describe the song accurately.

Basically, the best things we've done are the things that prove that the community can take out any song one of us works on enough. (Although of course that honor is normally restricted to a select few of the best.)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely agree with inv4der on both points. Jordan was beyond comprehension at the time, and I still don't know how Black Betty was FC'd.

elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark caves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Ylb6U9sik

jordan was def the best FC of that particular time, but today, with everybody super-good at GH, a total of like 4 people have PASSED this song. one of which has FCd it. wasn't jordan FCd a bunch more in the coming weeks after HA's?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
DESMO56  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
dark caves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Ylb6U9sik

jordan was def the best FC of that particular time, but today, with everybody super-good at GH, a total of like 4 people have PASSED this song. one of which has FCd it. wasn't jordan FCd a bunch more in the coming weeks after HA's?

Holy shit that's crazy, I remember playing this song as a gh2 custom (never passed it lol) never thought it would be fc'd.
Let's stop trolling now

No
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DESMONDD56
Pas26  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Dark Caves. It's such a high step above everything else. Not more than 9 people even passed it, and one of the 9 FCed it. Outro is a fantastic self-control show-off. And of course you have to master most tapping techniques to even think about tech FCing it on slower.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the general easiest way to judge this is by length of time it took to reproduce the FC.

Jordan - a week
TTFAF - about 6 months
Devil - over a year

Dark Caves has only been FC'd for a month at the moment but I truly couldn't see ggamerman NOT FCing this within the next 6 months if he tried. Ditto Soulless 3 gamingfreak.

I vote Devil
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
I think the general easiest way to judge this is by length of time it took to reproduce the FC.

Jordan - a week
TTFAF - about 6 months
Devil - over a year

Dark Caves has only been FC'd for a month at the moment but I truly couldn't see ggamerman NOT FCing this within the next 6 months if he tried. Ditto Soulless 3 gamingfreak.

I vote Devil

I think, with Jordan, it's the fact that once you get Solo B and solo C down, the rest is essentially smooth sailing (of course, Solo F and Bridge are chokefests, but compared to B and C they're breaths of fresh air), while with TTFAF you have to get practically every section down pat before trying to attempt the FC, and the same goes with DWDTG.

Not to say Jordan's any less of an FC, but I'm just giving my opinion as to why Ace's post makes sense to me.

Also, likewise.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan. It proved that any song that was recorded on guitar could be fc'd. But if there's one PERSON who proves anything can be done, it's Danny. He fc'd songs that weren't even played on guitar, but rather made using midi software for the purpose of being impossible. After finding out he fc'd all that stuff, I STILL find amazing unbelievable videos.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oposed iamchris4life once in gh3 pro-face off. I lost overall, but I grabbed Pride & Joy from him (-1)

True anecdote.

I'd say there wasn't "the most important" FC at all. If I have to point out anything most important getting GH going even further, it has to be Armstrong's (can't remember his tag now for some reason) cool and funny videos of him trying different songs. I especially remember his gh1 Bark at the moon vid for some reason.
Nyumi  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Obviously Dark Caves. It's such a high step above everything else. Not more than 9 people even passed it, and one of the 9 FCed it. Outro is a fantastic self-control show-off. And of course you have to master most tapping techniques to even think about tech FCing it on slowest.

Other than the correction, this is exactly what I think.

A distant second, to me, goes to GH2's Beast and the Harlot.

"What?" you might say. "Is he serious?"

Yes, I am. I have visited Scorehero since December 2007, and I remember the Beast and the Harlot (GH2) FC was the one that opened the floodgates for the likes of Jordan, Get Ready to Rock, Decontrol, Fire It Up, Raining Blood, and culminating in (I think) Ballroom Blitz, all within a ~2-3 month span.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
I'd have to say Jordan. Jordan was the first song considered "impossible" and like every "impossible" song since, it fell when someone actually tried. It being taken down is proof that this community can take out anything as long as it's not impossible due to software/hardware constraints. As far as I remember, it was the first major FC achieved with tapping as well.

While it's a little off from your intended topic of guitar FCs, I'll also say that Black Betty is the best drum FC for much the same reason. Our drummers have been good for while even leading up to that FC, but previous "epic" FCs had all been pretty simple charts, compared to the hyper-accuracy of Black Betty, and that charting had gotten it the "impossible" title, which like its guitar brethren, didn't actually describe the song accurately.

Basically, the best things we've done are the things that prove that the community can take out any song one of us works on enough. (Although of course that honor is normally restricted to a select few of the best.)

I agree with this post completely.

Guys, the question isn't "What's the hardest song?" but rather "What song had the largest effect on the GH community?" After the Dark Caves FC, did you get a 100 page thread exploding with surprise and videos of people eating teabags? Well, I don't think we've ever gotten any videos of people eating teabags, but the point still stands: just because it's the hardest song FCed so far does not make it to most impactful.
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Guys, the question isn't "What's the hardest song?" but rather "What song had the largest effect on the GH community?" After the Dark Caves FC, did you get a 100 page thread exploding with surprise and videos of people eating teabags? Well, I don't think we've ever gotten any videos of people eating teabags, but the point still stands: just because it's the hardest song FCed so far does not make it to most impactful.

I've never seen text scroll as fast as I did when I was in #scorehero during the Jordan FC.

On any other day, the ops would have +m'd the channel, but not that day.

Jordan was worth it.
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, the one that jumped to mind was when ES942 FC'ed Institutionalised and everyone was like "OMG WTF". Well, how times have changed, eh?

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan was insane. I remember there being quite a few days of grinding and ccommunity eagerness. once Hellashes did it, this place went crazy. that FC truly propelled the guitar hero community to new heights.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: