ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
i believe i have found the answer to how to FC trogdor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhD wrote:
well if anyone reckons they can FC trogdor *easily* then why not go and FC it on hard..

maxvcore wrote:
Well yeah, that's what I'm saying, it just surprises me that with such godly players like ES, kov, b3n, HellAshes, etc. that we haven't seen someone do it since it seems like it would be within their grasp.

Well actually what you said was that you were able to FC the fast part "multiple times" but couldnt hope ot play th rest of the song so you coudlnt prove the FC. A claim which was obviously BS considering that when it was poitned out to you that there was a simple way to prove it (on hard) you blithely pretended you never made such a claim.
Shashakiro  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt this would really work, it'd be far too easy to wind up just keeping the strum bar held down instead of actually doing separate strums.

If it works, more power to you, though.

Oh, and the reason that none of the top players have FC'd Trogdor is because that part does not take any actual skill at the game, it just takes pure physical arm-vibrating power.

Total banners earned: 35. Above are links to accomp thread.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. I'm a pianist and could definitely see how this could work out, if you got the correct angle for the strum bar, and placed your thumb behind the strum bar so it wouldn't go too far.

I'll try this in practise mode sometime, even though I have no hope on the rest of the song. Maybe we should all give it a shot? It's the best idea I've seen yet.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
maxvcore  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
PhD wrote:
well if anyone reckons they can FC trogdor *easily* then why not go and FC it on hard..

maxvcore wrote:
Well yeah, that's what I'm saying, it just surprises me that with such godly players like ES, kov, b3n, HellAshes, etc. that we haven't seen someone do it since it seems like it would be within their grasp.

Well actually what you said was that you were able to FC the fast part "multiple times" but couldnt hope ot play th rest of the song so you coudlnt prove the FC. A claim which was obviously BS considering that when it was poitned out to you that there was a simple way to prove it (on hard) you blithely pretended you never made such a claim.

Yeah, ok, so it never happened.

GHIII GOALS
Buy Guitar Hero III (November 8th, 2007)
Five Star Expert Career (November 9th, 2007)

Get Some Expert FCs (13)
Four Star TtFaF (on hold until I fix my)
Five Star TtFaF (PS2's syncing issues)
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxvcore wrote:
To be honest, I'm a little bit surprised that no one has FC'd Trogdor yet since it's really no that hard of a song besides the trem picking at the end of the solo (I mean, I've gotten that part multiple times, I just can't FC the rest of the song and solo).

You really want us to believe that nobody else can get it EVER, yet you've gotten it multiple times? Think about it for a minute and you'll see why we don't believe you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it's so hard is simply because the closeness of the notes shrinks the note window to almost nothing. If the game polls the controller once per frame, that's 60 readings per second, and since it takes two readings to register a press-release, that's a maximum of 30 notes per second the game can register. If the game polls twice per frame, that's 120 readings per second and a max of 60 notes per second. As Trogdor comes out to, what, 17 strums per second, that means that you pretty much have to hit the notes dead on with at MOST one frame's leeway.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, about that answer...

I would like at least a picture so I can see this hand position, as I don't know how to 'do it'.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Cytix  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where is this picture?

GetThere1Time wrote:
Been drinking and cooping with {} all weekend
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the thread owner is yet to reply to any of the posts in these two pages.

...and now that I think about it, I'm having doubts with this, especially in consideration of what LocalH brought up about frames.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
xtraheat  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys sorry it took me so long to respond im gunna get ya'll a picture tommorow (friday.) Ill get a vid by the end of this weekend.
Ill try to get an FC of this probably on hard this is very unlikely as i am not very consistent with this but i honestly have hit the notes b4 i will post a vid of it. Also, i no its kinda weird to ask a question in my own post, but on expert, do you guys think its more effective on the chorus where it is like ......: ......: (sorry don't know how 2 put in notes) to alt sturm or downstrum? i usually downstrum and get a multiplier most of the song but i often make little errors. thanks
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, picture would be sweet...because I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about haha
xtraheat  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha alright...umm is it tricky to get a pic up on here?
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can put images on here with
Code:
[img]http://image_url[/img]

you can put notes with
Code:
:GY::GY::GY::GY::YO:
...which turns out like
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
xtraheat  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks very much
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
The reason it's so hard is simply because the closeness of the notes shrinks the note window to almost nothing. If the game polls the controller once per frame, that's 60 readings per second, and since it takes two readings to register a press-release, that's a maximum of 30 notes per second the game can register. If the game polls twice per frame, that's 120 readings per second and a max of 60 notes per second. As Trogdor comes out to, what, 17 strums per second, that means that you pretty much have to hit the notes dead on with at MOST one frame's leeway.

Not necessarily, the note window is still just as large and every note will remain in the window for just as long as any other note (1/6th of a second for Expert (1/12th before the note, and 1/12th after)). The only difference is that almost 3 notes will fit inside the window at the same time. In such cases when multiple notes are in the window, the first note in the window will be hit first. So you can still hit notes early/late, but your argument is valid if strums are happening faster than the game can sample the controller input (I'm not sure if this is a limiting factor or not, or how it could even be tested). However the speed and length of the run still makes me believe it may be humanly impossible. So if anyone has hit this, a video would be great to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: