ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 3 [PC] Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shredin0id  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero 3 [PC] Questions Reply with quote

Well It's been a while posting here and right now would be the right time to ask this question. I'm not sure if this is supposed to go in the software section so I'll put it in general to be safe. Anyways, I've wanted an alternative to FoFiX and Guitar Hero 3 [PC] intrigued me for custom songs support. But I don't want to waste my money. So here are my questions.

1. This is a silly question but on amazon I've found that you can buy the standalone disk for $3.50 with the new and used deals. But I don't know if this is some insecure product not sold by the company.

2. If I run the game, will it work with my playstation 3 guitar hero 5 controller? I've read posts about controllers not functioning with the game so I don't know if I'd receive any bugs. I want the controller to work without software like xpadder and joy2key if possible.

3. I've read the specs and they seem to work for my pc. But I'm concerned if it won't run on windows 7. Also my processor isn't 2.8GHz, it's 2.67GHz. Is that ok since it's an i5 processor and it's a quad core?

4. Are customs outdated? I don't want to be redirected to a thread with software that has broken software links.

5. What is the best guide for installing customs on GHIII [PC]?

6. Will adding customs require any hardware mods to my pc (I know that you have to mod your playstation or xbox to get customs on those too.)

If you got through all of that thank you for the support. I really hope I can have a great guitar hero custom song engine!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. i bought my version for only a few dollars on amazon so you should be fine

2. i dont think your guitar will work

http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility#pcmac

3. it runs on windows 7 and your processor looks like it'll easily handle the game

4. customs aren't that outdated--there are a lot of broken links but there is a thread dedicated to reposting customs. there are still a lot of customs available

5. these are the best guides:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69818
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72367

6. you just have to download the control panel which is easy to use

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Hero 3 [PC] Questions Reply with quote

Shredin0id wrote:
1. you can buy the standalone disk for $3.50 with the new and used deals. But I don't know if this is some insecure product not sold by the company.
Disregarding its self-esteem, that's the game. Aspyr made the PC port, if that's what's making you antsy about purchasing.

Shredin0id wrote:

2. If I run the game, will it work with my playstation 3 guitar hero 5 controller?
Unsure, but any wired 360 guitar controller will work, though their prices are a little steep nowadays.

Shredin0id wrote:

4. Are customs outdated? I don't want to be redirected to a thread with software that has broken software links.
Disregarding the timelessness of customs, when Savefile.com went down, so did many, many of the download links. Some can be found here, but unfortunately you will be out of luck most of the time.

Shredin0id wrote:

5. What is the best guide for installing customs on GHIII [PC]?

This.

Shredin0id wrote:

6. Will adding customs require any hardware mods to my pc?
No, just some legal downloads.

Any further questions, you will want to check out here.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. It works on Windows 7. I'm pretty sure it'll go smoothly on your PC. You can also disable the crowd in the options, making it run better.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
jimnablazed  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. My game cost 3.99 (pounds) on Amazon so you should be fine.

2. What newuser said

3. Yep runs on win7 and you're processor is fine.

4. Lots of customs so np worries there.

5. What newuser said

6. Guitar hero control panel is all you need.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback! But I poorly said my outdated customs question plus I have just spawned another.

1. When I mean outdated, I'm referring to software (I'll get all my songs from frets on fire ) Basically, I want to know if all the necessary software won't have broken links. Also, I want to know if it's compatible with the latest patch of the game.

2. Now when I hear about my PS3 guitar not working, do you mean it won't work by plug and play or will it not work by plug and play or using software like xpadder and joy2key?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: