ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Are radio stations playing more GH tracks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverfk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Are radio stations playing more GH tracks Reply with quote

It could be that I am more aware of the songs but it seems like they are. I heard 10 songs in two hours yesterday, including back-to-back CFH, ziggy stardust, and i love rock and roll.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, dude. I swear it feels like the radio wants me to play GH and RB. I counted 15 songs between the games on the radio. That made me turn it off and scream at the radio, "Fine, I'll play the game! You happy now?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I firmly believe that radio stations are putting GH and RB songs into rotation a lot. I don't have a reason why but every single time I listen to the requests hour on our local radio stations there is usually a constant stream of songs from the GH/RB games, sometimes 4-5 in a row.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB wrote:
No I firmly believe that radio stations are putting GH and RB songs into rotation a lot. I don't have a reason why but every single time I listen to the requests hour on our local radio stations there is usually a constant stream of songs from the GH/RB games, sometimes 4-5 in a row.

They are just capitalizing on the popularity of the game. Nothing wrong with that, but I'll bet it bugs the hell out of all the GH players that are just trying to take a break from it, like myself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
silverfk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:

They are just capitalizing on the popularity of the game. Nothing wrong with that, but I'll bet it bugs the hell out of all the GH players that are just trying to take a break from it, like myself.

That's what I was thinking. Plus the songs didn't sound right until I realized they were missing all the plink and missed note sound effects.

I think a smart dj would get a few of those effects to hit at random times to freak the GH players out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my local bowling alley, they play GH songs and artists 95% of the time.

I heard 20 straight songs in there one time..
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe since playing Guitar Hero you've been listening to classic rock radio more often?
silverfk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
Maybe since playing Guitar Hero you've been listening to classic rock radio more often?

Actually in my area, we pretty much only have one rock station. Its classic in the mornings, and everything else in the afternoons. So I know my listening patterns haven't changed.

Kind of sucks I had a free trial to satellite radio for 6 months when I bought my truck, but didn't want to pay the monthly fee.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:

I've been listening to WLUP, the classic rock station in Chicago, for about 9 years now, so when I first heard that some songs were going to on the game, I was kind of excited. Now, I must admit, it is kind of annoying, but it won't make me change what I listen to though.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes they play a whole set of songs from GH/RB
it's funny
eddiethed  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just probably you havent noticed them before.

or the radio presenters are really just playing on guitar hero and broadcasting there playing.
Punism3nt  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a random fact but "Through the Fire and Flames" got to top 50 on Itunes about a week after Guitar Hero 3 came out.
Beat Jordan {}
Log {}
Gh3
Beat expert {x}
Beat The way it ends {}
Beat TtFaF {}
No1ButU  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One particular station in my town, Z103.9 (Sudbury) has one particular DJ in the evening, Matt Sampaio.. in addition to mentioning GH / RB all the damn time, he plays like 70% music from the sound tracks of GH / RB games. It's funny as hell but it also makes me tune in to that station.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been hearing a lot of TTFAF and SOSAD on our local rock station
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Affinity2412
Shiznat  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a local radio station, MP 103.3, that doesn't even have DJ's that has a sounder about GH3. They sometimes play it after they play a GH or RB track. Its a mixed bag station with an enormous library so they don't play it a lot but I've heard a lot of songs from the games on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: