Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS JUST IN
TEAM SPENDS MONEY, DOES WELL
Silly  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full credit to city they deserved to win.

although this was a horrible result, it's not the end of the world. i still have absolutely no doubt united will retain come the end of the season, but this is huge. the 'noisy neighbours' finally have something to be noisy about and the pressure is firmly on us to recover.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... fuck

How in the hell did that just happen? Totally outclassed, but how? What the hell went wrong? Johnny Evans sent off, fair enough, but still... I have to say though, this has been threatening to happen for a while now, Utd have looked shaky at the back for a while, and today it finally all came crashing down. There just isn't enough quality in the midfield, Silva and Milner ran riot, City scored about 4 goals from balls coming in from their right wing. Somebody needs to sort the defence out, and where the hell is Cleverley? I know he was injured, but he's been out for weeks now, he'd do better in that midfield than Anderson has been lately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was.....well, quite unexpected. I mean, I knew both teams were rolling in their seasons, but I thought that would amount to a high scoring draw here. Man City completely dominated in the second half and fully deserve the win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suddenly quite glad I was at work all day and couldn't see it. And that the bosses nicked our Sky box.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. Gary Speed.

Holy shit. I literally told my colleague at work to stop taking the piss when he told me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really know him all that well, but you can't overlook the fact that he committed suicide in the prime of his life. I looked him up, and apparently had a great playing career, and was the manager of Wales for the past year. Why he would do such a thing to himself today I'll never know. RIP Gary Speed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
boss1592  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football has definately lost one of it's good guys. It really is a shame, he seemed happy, he was doing a great job with wales, off to a great start with his managerial career, respected by almost everyone in the game. I don't know what his home life was like, but he will be missed hugely. It's a real tragedy. May he rest in peace.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was a complete shocker. Great player, great manager, top bloke by all accounts... terrible news.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there were rumors circulating that The Sun was going to post an article about Gary being gay. I can't confirm nor deny those allegations, but if they were true, what does that mean for the actions of Mr. Speed?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that FA Cup third round draw... early guarantee that at least one of the Manchester teams won't take the trophy, gives everyone else a bit more of a sporting chance.

We've got Burnley. No doubt we'll repeat the annual tradition of putting out the reserve team and removing ourselves from the competition as quickly as possible to concentrate on the league.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to kick Everton in the teeth for losing to Stoke today. On the other side, we get Tamworth to start this year's FA Cup with.
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSS!!! STEVEN FLETCHER YES!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy new year to the Football thread

Well, that was a pretty poor showing against newcastle, no doubt, and back to back defeats is pretty disheartening, but I think we'll bounce back. We had a great run of form after the city game, and now we're not doing so good, but we'll bounce back. Fergie needs to sort his keepers out, now Lindegaard is looking shakey as well, he flapped at a good few crosses, and was largely at fault for the third goal, he should have taken control and communicated with Jones, which didn't happen. We were beaten by two wonderful goals, and Newcastle deserved their win, no doubt. The keeper was shakey, the defence were run ragged by Ba, and, for the nth time this season, United's midfield lacked anything remotely resembling creativity, with the exception of a few passes from Giggs. Anyone who thinks the last few games will have a massive impact on the title race is just dead wrong. We're only three points behind, still, in spite of the quite frankly ridiculous injury problems, and back to back defeats. It's a long way to go. All the same, with Vidic out of the team, and with both keepers out of sorts, I have no faith in our defence at all. The importance of Vidic can not possibly be overstated, he has been, by far, our best player over the last few years, by a comfortable distance, and with him out, to say nothing of the other 8 players that are currently out, including Darren Fletcher, Tom Cleverley, Ashley Young, Chris Smalling and Johnny Evans, it will be tough for United to keep up with City. That said, if we do stay within touching distance, and we manage to put a dent in that injury list, and hit a good run of form come March, then I think United will win the title, but for now, we need to just stay in touching distance, stay within 5 points of City for the time being, and if that gap is as small, by the time things start heating up, and we get some players back, then I think United can definately overturn the deficit.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told my uncle a few weeks ago that I'd be happy if we're within five points of City by the end of January.

Apparently (didn't see it - work overran) United were overwhelmed in midfield. United sides do not get overwhelmed in midfield. That area's been our strength for forever now; Keano would never have stood for that shit. There's no real solidity in that area at the moment (who would have thought we'd end up making Carrick look like a half-decent player?) and with no strength behind us (Vidic is a huge loss, Ferdinand seems shot, I've got no confidence in De Gea and Fergie's got none in Lindegaard) we're shipping goals for fun.

Sunday could be very ugly.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: