Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fizz - I'm back! Looking for help to get better on guitar? :p
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! It's good to get the hard songs out of the way first.
Bendover  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always cool to see more WT FGFCs. Despite being hi-lariously broken it's probably the best GH game ever in terms of on disc content for drums. Nice job on Dyer's Eve, as well, those with weak feet such as myself do not handle it so easily as you.

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old FC, but I saw it while cleaning out my pictures on my computer and noticed that I forgot to post this. :p

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. THe X+ FC you never knew about.

Who was the guitarist, btw?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on the RB side I've pretty much tried everything, but I can no longer FC anything else left. I've already done bass, but I can't FC anything else on drums there because of RB3's "roll limit". For guitar/keys I'm just not good enough to FC any songs remaining, so I've decided to start playing these games as a challenge to get better on guitar, along with maybe getting a FSFC here on bass, and lastly maybe keep trying on drums for a little bit of fun. I still gotta FC war ensemble, which since I haven't FC'ed it yet shows how much of a bitch it is. Who knows, I might try vocals out on GH too, why not? (btw usually on RB I don't get vocals until I've FGFC'ed every other instrument)

So anyway, does anyone have any advice or ways to get better on guitar? I know people can just say "practice", but how exactly? The reason I got better at drums was because I was in random high school band classes and kept practicing on my speed on a practice pad in the back of the room and I had no disturbances. Vocals I just started on one of the hardest games to sing on (beatles rock band) and that got me good on vocals. For guitar, I kinda just played a lot of guitar hero in the past and got 5 stars on every song on expert, however I never really took it to an FC level for GH. Maybe for the easier songs, but for the harder 2/3rds of GH2 I never really tried to FC them. Is there a way to help my fretting? I believe the problem is that I simply cannot fret fast enough. That and I can't tap worth shit. I only ever tapped in 1 song on GH and that was jordan solo B I think? I completely forgot how to play it now. Also for RB the only 2 good FCs I got imo were GGaHT and Visions. Everything else I've FC'ed up to this point on RB would be pretty easy from a GH player's standpoint if I'm not mistaken. So yea, again any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm determined to work on guitar because it's my worst instrument by far. :)

Also void, to answer that question from about a year and a half ago, there are 2 guitarists in mastodon: Bill Kelliher and Brent Hinds.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC every "easy" song that you know you can do in whatever game you want to start with (I suggest gh3). Then, once you have all those done you need to look at what you have left, pick the most plausible songs and just practice them until you can FC them. Just take it slow and one song at a time. This is one way for improving yourself, just always raising the bar just a bit higher. This is however NOT what I did. LOL

What I did to increase my skill at the game was practice something really hard. I was at the point where I could get around 20 somethings FCs on expert in GH3, and I decided to go over the GH2 and just practice Jordan. I practiced nothing but Jordan for MONTHS until I fced it. Then I also got a Beast and the Harlot FC, then Because its midnite... each fc getting easier and easier. I had built up my skill on the entire game just by grinding one hard song for a really long time. I don't recommend this for anyone else though, because it isn't any fun at ALL. But I do recommend that if you ever get stuck and don't think there are any new FCs that you can get in a game, that you just start working on improving scores on the hardest songs in the game for awhile, then when you go back to the unFCed stuff you'll find it much easier.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHero wrote:
FC every "easy" song that you know you can do in whatever game you want to start with (I suggest gh3). Then, once you have all those done you need to look at what you have left, pick the most plausible songs and just practice them until you can FC them. Just take it slow and one song at a time. This is one way for improving yourself, just always raising the bar just a bit higher. This is however NOT what I did. LOL

What I did to increase my skill at the game was practice something really hard. I was at the point where I could get around 20 somethings FCs on expert in GH3, and I decided to go over the GH2 and just practice Jordan. I practiced nothing but Jordan for MONTHS until I fced it. Then I also got a Beast and the Harlot FC, then Because its midnite... each fc getting easier and easier. I had built up my skill on the entire game just by grinding one hard song for a really long time. I don't recommend this for anyone else though, because it isn't any fun at ALL. But I do recommend that if you ever get stuck and don't think there are any new FCs that you can get in a game, that you just start working on improving scores on the hardest songs in the game for awhile, then when you go back to the unFCed stuff you'll find it much easier.

That's kind of what I did on RB. I just practiced all of the harder songs, but never really played the easier songs until the harder songs were done. I don't think I was ever stuck on a song for months except for maybe ticket to ride drums on beatles rock band, but that was because of a bad engine, not anything skill-related. I was stuck on visions bass for 2 weeks I think, but I practiced that shit non stop and there wasn't as much fretting as there was strumming. Visions guitar there were a couple of parts. GGaHT has no really fast fretting, just a very long song with 2 very long solos and a couple of fast strumming parts.

HerbieHero wrote:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: