ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Reply with quote

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/02/amnesia-speculation-true-fancy-that/

So there's going to be a new Amnesia game. Not going to be a direct sequel, but still going to be in the same universe. I'm expecting this game to be just as scary as the first, if not even more so .

Anyone else play the first one?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is actually true, I will jump with glee. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is easily the scariest game I have ever played, and I'm glad to see they're making another. While it won't be a sequel per se, it kind of makes sense because you couldn't really continue on from the first one.

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a survival horror genre nut, it pains me to see people calling Amnesia the scariest game they've ever played Try out some Silent Hill 2 or Fatal Frame 1-2! Amnesia doesn't have shit on either of those. (although Amnesia still has one of the best atmospheres in a video game)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
As a survival horror genre nut, it pains me to see people calling Amnesia the scariest game they've ever played Try out some Silent Hill 2 or Fatal Frame 1-2! Amnesia doesn't have shit on either of those. (although Amnesia still has one of the best atmospheres in a video game)

Sadly, I haven't played any of the Silent Hill games, yet ironically, I actually did have a Playstation when I was a kid. You can blame my overprotective mother for not having played anything with a rating above E/K-A . As for Fatal Frame, I don't think I've even heard of it =/.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
. As for Fatal Frame, I don't think I've even heard of it =/.

FF2 is pretty much my favorite game of all time

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really into the horror survival games, but I tried playing Fatal Frame 1 once (and followed the advice to play it at night with the lights off...) and I couldn't get past the second stage, I was so damn scared

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:

I mean, we all have opinions, and here's mine.

Silent Hill 2, while a scary game, didn't meet up to the standards of scariness that Amnesia did for myself. Fatal Frame, I have never played (but I've heard of it!), so I can't really speak my mind on that one.

Amnesia was the first horror game I had ever played, so I didn't know what to expect from horror games, and I think if I would've played SH2 first, I may of found it scarier, but as I didn't, I still count Amnesia TDD as the scariest game I've ever played.

I'm really excited for A Machine for Pigs, it's supposed to be even scarier than A:TDD (read this in an interview posted on the interwebs somewhere...)
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX wrote:

I'm really excited for A Machine for Pigs, it's supposed to be even scarier than A:TDD (read this in an interview posted on the interwebs somewhere...)

Man, I hope that's true . Would be great to shit my pants even harder than before

Like I said before, I haven't played a lot of horror games, but Amnesia has definitely opened my eyes to the genre . Hope to try out those games daevlol recommended at some point haha.

My Backloggery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: