ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Repair band hero drum kit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Predator  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Repair band hero drum kit? Reply with quote

My drums have started to overhit like sh*t lately, and it isn't a sensitivity issue (or is it?) since the issue wasn't there from the beginning and it started a couple of days ago. I have tried opening the red drum and re-solder it, but it only made it worse. Is there something else I can do? I will probably try to solder it again later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you opened it already your warant is now void so you F**ked up there... but otherwise I would still suggest setting the sensitivity a bit lower
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I'd try to find some new sensors. I think Metalworkz makes sensors that will fit but I'm not sure if they are still up and running.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Predator  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks guys! I'm going to try and remove the cables from the sensor and solder them back again and if it doesn't work I'll try some new sensors.

Edit: Do you think These ones will work?

Is there anything "special" I should do when I solder? To reduce vibrations maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are the exact same size as the ones in your drumset, then yes. If not, you'll have to find a way to remove the plastic surrounding the center of the drum (that housed your old sensors).

Reducing vibrations...as in the kit moving? Usually vibrations are a problem with the overall structure of the set and not just one area. Most GH drumsets are almost entirely plastic to begin with.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: