ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 controller question. For ps2 and ps3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skwisgaar  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero 5 controller question. For ps2 and ps3 Reply with quote

I have a guitar hero 5 controller that says it is compatible for the ps2 and the ps3 but when I try to play guitar hero 3 for ps2 it doesn't work. I'm wondering that if it may be a technical problem and that there is a trick to making it work but I also think that a more likely scenario is that it's only compatible with guitar hero 5 for ps2 and nothing before that. So if anyone knows anything and could help out that would be wonderful. I went to google first but it didn't really yield conclusive results so I thought this was that best website to post this. [/list]

Proud - If you are a , put this in your sig. Let's see how many are on ScoreHero!
Masquarr  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the PS2 version of GH3, but AFAIK your controller only supports the PS2 version of Guiter Hero: Aerosmith, and the PS2 versions of all GH games released after GH:A.

A relevant link: http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility#ps2
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, PS2 GH3 only supports what I call the "SG-style" controllers, that plug into the PS2 controller ports. They only added support for RB Strats and other USB dongle-based controllers starting with GH:A.

I think it's hilarious that, given the old controller compatibility debacle, the games with the broadest controller support are the Activision games on the PS2 (for fuck's sake you can even use 360 controllers on the PS2 games, I've successfully used my 360 RB1 drumkit with GH:WT on).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: