Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scorehero FISHING Thread!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldo1  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Scorehero FISHING Thread!!! Reply with quote

Hello Scorehero! I was wondering if anyone else here partakes in my new obsession... FISHING! I moved to the Midwest from Vegas and finally found something to pass the time. I had never fished only when I was a small child so I have pretty much zero knowledge on the subject. I more or less just do the worm(went nightcrawler hunting tonight) and hook thing. Yesterday I caught 4 perch a sheep head and a baby channel catfish. Today I got 3 perch and a Sheephead. I just bring my ipod and walk half a mile down to the river. I just do the catch and release thing, but if I catch a decent sized walleye I may try to fillet that sucker! Anyone else have any tips, tricks, or stories please share!
slfan68  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A group of my buddies and I go catfishing multiple nights a week on the Neuse river here in Eastern NC. We use everything from cut bream to chicken gizzards and hearts to dough balls, and during the summer we usually have a good amount of success. We just throw the lines out, stick em in a holder with a bell on the pole, and wait for 'em to start ringing. Nothing quite like spending a night on the river with your buddies haha.

Gotta be careful on the river at night though, a couple of weeks ago the river was unusually high and a part of the bank gave way right under me. Was up to my neck in cold river water haha, made my phone bout as useful as a brick. We were back at that spot last night and with the water back down now we could see that where I fell was about a 5 foot straight drop off, and if I had floated about 2 more feet out the current would have taken me to God knows where.

And strangely, twice we've had to call the police on drunk homeless people coming up to our spot under a bridge. The first one was cool until we got quiet listening for a bell. He took our lack of talking as us "plotting something" against him and tried to throw a rock at us. Then he almost fell in our fire and the cops arrested him for the weed we didn't know he had. The second guy was being really nice, but we had to call them because we couldn't keep him away from the bank and didn't want him falling in a drowning.
aldo1  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa that us crazy falling into the river, so lucky you didn't get swept away! Have any of you been stung by a catfish? I find it interesting that they have venom in their fins!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldo1 wrote:
Whoa that us crazy falling into the river, so lucky you didn't get swept away! Have any of you been stung by a catfish? I find it interesting that they have venom in their fins!

They have Venom? I mean, I knew that getting finned by them hurts (As I've experienced a few times), but I didn't know they actually had some kind of poison in them. Must not be that much since I've never heard of someone dying from a Catfish sting, lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah for some reason I was always under the impression that their whiskers were stingers. I looked it up and they aren't, but the dorsal and pectoral fins do contain a mild venom.
aldo1  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid double post, sorry
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only gone fishing twice in my life lol, so I really can't contribute much to this thread unfortunately =p.
slfan68  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldo1 wrote:
Yeah for some reason I was always under the impression that their whiskers were stingers. I looked it up and they aren't, but the dorsal and pectoral fins do contain a mild venom.

Knew the fins had venom in em so I've always avoided em. Did almost get bit by a gar once though. They like to mess with our bait, and sometimes they mess too much and get themselves hooked. Hate having to deal with them, though. Big ugly looking things.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:
aldo1 wrote:

Knew the fins had venom in em so I've always avoided em. Did almost get bit by a gar once though. They like to mess with our bait, and sometimes they mess too much and get themselves hooked. Hate having to deal with them, though. Big ugly looking things.

Gah, Gars are bitches when you're trying to fish. Especially when you accidentally hook one and you have to try to get the hook out of it's mouth. No thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm not the only one that read this as the ScoreHero FISTING Thread
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:

Well, given what the thread actually says, that just makes me think of this lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
slfan68  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
slfan68 wrote:
aldo1 wrote:

Gah, Gars are bitches when you're trying to fish. Especially when you accidentally hook one and you have to try to get the hook out of it's mouth. No thanks.

We just cut the line. Don't even bother trying to get it out haha.
aldo1  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josseppe95 wrote:

Kinky!

I have heard there are gars in the water I fish but I have no clue what they are, Google here I come!

Googled- watched a ton of videos on people catching alligator gars, Wtf those things are beasts. We have the long nose gar here. There was a video of a guy catching one in almost the exact spot I was fishing Saturday at the lake! I think they look awesome!
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love fishing with my dad! It feels good to just go on the dock/boat and have a nice day filled with fishing fun.
slfan68  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldo1 wrote:
Josseppe95 wrote:

Kinky!

I have heard there are gars in the water I fish but I have no clue what they are, Google here I come!

Googled- watched a ton of videos on people catching alligator gars, Wtf those things are beasts. We have the long nose gar here. There was a video of a guy catching one in almost the exact spot I was fishing Saturday at the lake! I think they look awesome!

I guess they do look awesome in the fact that the first time you get one without knowing what it is, you probably think "holy hell I just caught a dinosaur" haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: