SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"You're going to be dead in about six weeks. Sorry about that."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
youhas  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
This might be a controversial idea for multiple reasons but the general consensus seems to be that dying quickly is preferable to an agonizing descent. I'd thus not rule out the possibility then that instead of toughing my way through the last couple weeks, I could kill two birds with one stone and frame my worst enemy for my death. I'm sure I could be quite convincing.
That said, I have no real enemies.

I have a really short roster of, like, 1.4 enemies. But you're welcome to borrow one of them, if you'd like.

I mean, heck, if you didn't feel like going through the effort of framing an enemy, feel free to kill / maim / incapacitate whichever personal / professional / political adversary you'd like, especially if you're in that last-two-weeks decline phase. Due process is excellent, but it trundles along so slowly; depending on the nature of your outburst, you might not even get arrested before you fell over dead, much less make it to trial or anything. (This is kind of the dark underbelly to the "my death is assured" process: if you're sufficiently amoral, you're more or less living a life without consequences, where you can trade your life straight-up for that of another.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My perspective on this might be a bit skewed, given the news a few weeks ago that a friend's husband (who's the same age as me) is terminally ill and the regular updates on how he's coping with it. I've only met the guy a few times but it's hard not to be inspired by his incredible bravery - you may have noticed that I've spent less time recently complaining about inconsequential things, this is not a coincidence. I'd like to think that I might be the same in a similar situation... but, really, I'd probably just try to pretend it wasn't happening until it became impossible to carry on. There's not really anything on my 'must do before I die' list, which is just as well 'cos I'd be hard pressed to scrape together the money for that sort of thing anyway.

What I definitely wouldn't do is go crazy with parties, booze, drugs, hookers, whatever. I'm pretty sure I'd feel shitty enough without adding hangovers and comedowns to the mix, particularly since a hangover is a full-day experience for me. I'm eternally jealous of those who can wake up from a heavy night's drinking and be fine after chowing down a bacon sandwich, I'm lucky if I can eat at all before mid-evening.

I'll add to this later, I think.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: