Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Acne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulsurvivor3310  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cream called Epiduo that does the job well of keeping my face clear, plus I only have to put in on once at night as compared to putting it on multiple times a day. So yeah, just like everyone else said, seeing a dermatologist is the best option.

Platnium Guitarist since 11/16/08
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr0z3nD3m1s3 wrote:
Now the one thing I need to manage to get rid of is this goddamn Rosacea. It's not really that bad at the moment. Although, I'm getting tired of looking like I blush 24/7.

Im not even sure you can really ever get rid of Rosacea. I have a slight touch of it on my upper cheeks but nothing compared to my fiancee who has to take cream for it every night since I have at least know her (11 years). It's not really that big a deal though, a lot better than acne.

Myself, I had acne a bit when I was young (15 years ago) but most kids then had that bowl haircut so we all had longish hair and most had it. I remember I got some of these acne pads from my doc. and they cleared up pretty quickly. Didnt help that I was playing soccer 5 times a week, all the sweat used to screw me over pretty bad. Most generally grow out of it though but we all still get the odd pimple.

Good luck with it though.....and your conservations with the 5 girls
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
Fr0z3nD3m1s3 wrote:
Now the one thing I need to manage to get rid of is this goddamn Rosacea. It's not really that bad at the moment. Although, I'm getting tired of looking like I blush 24/7.

Im not even sure you can really ever get rid of Rosacea. I have a slight touch of it on my upper cheeks but nothing compared to my fiancee who has to take cream for it every night since I have at least know her (11 years). It's not really that big a deal though, a lot better than acne.

Myself, I had acne a bit when I was young (15 years ago) but most kids then had that bowl haircut so we all had longish hair and most had it. I remember I got some of these acne pads from my doc. and they cleared up pretty quickly. Didnt help that I was playing soccer 5 times a week, all the sweat used to screw me over pretty bad. Most generally grow out of it though but we all still get the odd pimple.

Good luck with it though.....and your conservations with the 5 girls

"Conservation" of the 5 girls? That's odd . I am going to try these wipes to try and get rid of acne. They were prescribed by tha doc!
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
I can vouch for Acutane. Two of my friends took it, and it did wonders. They were 18 and 19 when they took it though, so I don't know if age matters.

I would not recommend Acutane to anyone. The health risks associated with it aren't worth its benefits. That drug causes depression / suicidal thoughts. Even though that is on any given prescription medicine commercial, I have witnessed that drug change multiple people who are just impatient to outgrow their acne.

Seeing as you are just turning 13, and assuming that you are just starting to break out. No dermatologist / doctor in the right mind would give you accutane right away anyways, even if you asked. That's only used for people who have had severe acne for multiple years. There are plenty of options that are available, and most likely you will try at least 20 different prescriptions like all of us went through.

Considering I'm 20 now, will be 21 this friday, my acne problem has slowed down greatly compared to what it was when I was say 16/17. Now the only thing I need to do is wash my face twice a day with this

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try using Stridex wipes. Right now, I am washing my face 4 times a day with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. It is not helping. I should eventually outgrow acne, because all teens get acne. Plus, I am just going into my teen years, so my acne will eventually go away.
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My acne went away about a year ago (I'm 16 now), partly due to age and partly due to finding out about this: Put a different (clean) towel on your pillow every night. It soaks up the oils that make acne, and the oils won't seep back into your body the next night.

And good luck with those girls.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
What sucks is when you get acne on your face which makes you less attractive. I did look cool before I got acne. I'll have to deal with it. If you get acne on your forehead, would it make you less attractive to girls? I certainly hope not Plus, I'm about to be 13, which is my first year as a teen.

Been there done that. Had it pretty bad on my arms and back, not so much my face. You will get pimples, that's just a fact of life (Except for those lucky ones that don't. Fuck you). But if it does get too bad, I would talk to your Parents/Doctor about seeing a dermatologist and getting a prescription to Acutane. It's an AMAZING drug and will help you immensely, but has some serious, serious side effects so don't take it lightly.

Even I don't know how some people don't manage to get one pimple in the course of their teenhood. I mean, what the fuck... Anyway, I've also used Acutane and everything cleared up in about 3 months. The only real side effect that was annoying for me was chapped lips, but they healedl in about two weeks after I was done with the medication. Also, wash your face and drink plenty of water. Both of these things defeat the onset of acne. If you do this then you should only get one pimple once every month or two.
Silly  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free tip: half-fill a washing bowl with hot water and place it on a table, put your face over it, put a towel over your head and the bowl, sit there for 10-15 minutes. The heat will open your pores, the steam will cleanse them of the grease and dirt inside them that causes those ugly-ass zits and blackheads. Wipe face with tissue paper or similar after to remove the excess crap, then pat dry with clean towel.

Get dunked spots

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some Stridex Pads today and they are starting to work already. You use 1 a day and eventually work your way into 2 a day. $3.00 for 70 pads isn't bad! They work good. This is what I will stick with. When you first rub the pads over your forehead and on the bumps, the bumps will sting a little bit and your forehead will get dry. That means they are working.
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acne is natural, it's shit that everyone has to go through at least once in their lives. Kind of like being a teenager, shit years that everyone needs to go through.
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are remedies that work, though, and there's no reason not to use them. Acne isn't the end of the world, but it's very annoying and totally preventable for most people - could say the same about head lice, or some bint putting gherkins on your burger when you specifically told her not to.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
newmandn311  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acne sucks. I have it sort of bad on my face and really bad on my upper back. For your face just take a washcloth and a bar of soap. Lay the cloth on your hand and get it all wet. Then rub the soap where your hand it and rub it all over your face. Then wash off the soap and use the now soap-free cloth and wash your face off.

After about two days your face will be pretty much cleared up. At least that's what happened to me. Everyone is different, lol.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newmandn311 wrote:
After about two days your face will be pretty much cleared up. At least that's what happened to me. Everyone is different, lol.

I didn't wash my face for an entire month at night and no new acne appeared on it, despite me being lazy to wash my oily face. How does that happen?
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using Stridex pads for about a week or two and I have noticed that my acne is getting better on my forehead. I also have acne real bad on my upper back and on the back of my neck. That's normal, though, so I'm not worrying about it on my neck. Nobody pays attention to your upper back anyways. Anybody know how long it takes Stridex pads to clear up your forehead?
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newmandn311 wrote:
Acne sucks. I have it sort of bad on my face and really bad on my upper back. For your face just take a washcloth and a bar of soap. Lay the cloth on your hand and get it all wet. Then rub the soap where your hand it and rub it all over your face. Then wash off the soap and use the now soap-free cloth and wash your face off.

This does work. I have been trying this for 2-3 days and my face has cleared up pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: