ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Kid racks up £1150 (~$1800) bill on Xbox Live, Father blames Microsoft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Kid racks up £1150 (~$1800) bill on Xbox Live, Father blames Reply with quote

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-13-father-blames-microsoft-as-son-spends-1150-on-xbox-live

The one thing you should NEVER do is to give your credit card details to a 12 YEAR OLD! What the fuck was he thinking? Also, he should not be playing Call of Duty as it is an 18-rated game! The Father is an idiot for not checking his bank statement for 6 MONTHS! Plus, how the fuck do you spend £100 on FIFA and CoD in one day?! Parenting FAIL!
And he has the cheek to blame Microsoft for something that is clearly HIS FAULT!
Silly  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit parenting raising shit offspring will be the downfall of our society

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Shit parenting raising shit offspring will be the downfall of our society

but uncel dolan im gud parent i giv credit card to sun miksoft evil compny

Dad's an idiot. End of story. How dare he even think of blaming Microsoft when it's clearly his fault.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Dad's an idiot. End of story. How dare he even think of blaming Microsoft when it's clearly his fault.

Pretty much this.

Also, it's incredibly naive to assume that the ESRB ratings do anything to limit sales to younger individuals. CoD would lose like half its player base without the sub-17 age group and everyone knows it.

EDIT: Also, while credit card details are required when making an XBL gold account (any of the millions of 12 year olds playing CoD on the 360 would need such an account), there are safeties in the options regarding spending money. Basically those merely existing means he has no argument against MS, it's his own failure to utilize those that's the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet jesus, how dumb do you have to be to think that someone won't realize $1800 missing? There's just so much stupidity going on in that family it's terrifying.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does he not check his bank account for 6 months? I check it every week and I have very little money to worry about lol What a moron. You don't blame Microsoft for this, you blame yourself and your kid. The kid is 12, he's not completely oblivious to how these things work, he still had to buy microsoft points and I'm pretty sure it says how much the points cost when you buy them.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I'm pretty sure it says how much the points cost when you buy them.

It does. As far as stupidity goes, like father, like son.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: