SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate E/M Guitar and Bass Rivalry - Week 7 scores 21/02/2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
Apparently greenbaymackey has come in to ruin my chances of getting a first place score on this section lol. Stick to expert, mackey!! lol

All good though, gives more competition I guess and this is all friendly...
FYI, my current guitar has upstrum issues or else I would stick to expert.

I've been following this thread as a spectator for a few weeks wondering how hard it would be to squeeze the lower difficulties. After playing this week's songs, I think I would like to join the rivalry if you'll have me.

So far this week I have 1st place in 6/7 songs.

Play That Funky Music - 145,398 - Tied for 1st with DrSham. Optimal? If so it's a very easy optimal.
Fame - 62,138 - 1st by 200. Optimal. Last act double. This wasn't too bad. I think it took 2 or 3 tries.
Ex-Girlfriend - 129,694 - 1st by 20. The 2nd and 3rd squeezes aren't too bad. The points in this one are going to come from the 1st act tick squeeze and not dropping ticks in measures 79 - 82. I had xx,x26 after the tick squeeze.
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) - 198,127 - Tied for 1st with DrSham. Optimal? I can't remember if reverse ticks looked possible on the 1st act or not. If not, this is another easy optimal.
Under Pressure - 114,454 - 1st by 188. I had xx,x82 after the 1st act tick squeeze.
Sex on Fire - 97,329 - Tied for 1st. Easy optimal.

I haven't played Cigarettes, Wedding Bands yet because I don't know which path is better and it's just a massive exercise in GH5 tick holding. Yuck.

edit: Cigarettes, Wedding Bands - 200,594 - 1st by 638. I don't think I dropped a single tick. I didn't even attempt to reverse tick squeeze anything though. I think all that's left is reverse ticking (on almost every activation) and ticks on the last activation. I was so focused on not dropping ticks that I forgot to squeeze the last note and almost didn't even get it in under SP.

That makes 7/7 1st place scores and overall 1st place on the section by 1,046. I'm very aware that nobody else has even started yet this week though. I fully expect you guys to beat my Ex-Girlfriend, Cigarettes, Wedding Bands and Under Pressure scores.

Double edit: I just realized there's glitch ticks available on Cigarettes, Wedding Bands so... dammit. I'm still not playing it again.

Last edited by greenbaymackey on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit do I have to crack the whip and get some 1st place scores? I need to find time to play this week

UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have the highest on Cigerettes and wedding bands for lazy whammy ;)

But yeah, my scores weren't very good because of the whammy issue.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 4 Scores
The Middle - 177,550 - DrSham
Hey Man, Nice Shot - 167,257 - Chrisssss
Feel The Pain - 181,286 - Chrisssss
Dammit - 151,386 - DrSham, Chrisssss
Everlong - 240,654 - DrSham

1st - DrSham - 918,079 - 3 pts and 5 bonus pts for the win.
2nd - Chrisssss - 917,601 - 3 pts
3rd - SlasherManEXE - 917,023 - 0 pts
4th - UltraHeroABC5 - 872,051 - 0 pts

The successes keep on coming with 1st (DrSham), 2nd (Chrisssss) and 4th (SlasherManEXE) for the section and 4/5 1sts (3 each for Chrisssss and DrSham), only Everlong survived. On to this week and more Medium but switching to Bass for the first time and back to GH:5.

A warm welcome also to greenbaymackey who's already put a marker down. Can anyone beat him?

Game: GH:5
E/M: Medium
G/B: Bass
Grouping: Career
Section: Sideshow

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
A warm welcome also to greenbaymackey who's already put a marker down. Can anyone beat him?

Apparently DrSham can
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to defend 1st place on Under Pressure from DrSham and Chrisssss. The new high score is 114,482. I tried for a little while to hit that double I assume DrSham hit in Ex-Girlfriend, but I was unsuccessful. I can easily get more ticks, but there's no point if I can't get that double.
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
I tried for a little while to hit that double I assume DrSham hit in Ex-Girlfriend, but I was unsuccessful. I can easily get more ticks, but there's no point if I can't get that double.

Unlikely otherwise I'd be 200 in front rather than the 112 I am (although I did drop some ticks but not that many, maybe 40 or so). I followed the 100% RD path which meant hitting the 2nd G in measure 63 and the B in measure 101. If you're hitting those then the rest is simply ticks.

However, we all know that the 360 and GH5 ticks don't play well together and I have noticed that there are 2 hold sections that will drop 100+ each if not played properly and it may be that one of these is the issue. There is a combination of R Hold, B Hold, G note in measures 19 and 47 that behave this way and it's probably one of these that is where you are dropping ticks but not realising (there may be others but I haven't noticed yet). Play the measure 19 properly and check your score then play it hitting the G slightly early and you'll see the difference.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:

Unlikely otherwise I'd be 200 in front rather than the 112 I am (although I did drop some ticks but not that many, maybe 40 or so). I followed the 100% RD path which meant hitting the 2nd G in measure 63 and the B in measure 101. If you're hitting those then the rest is simply ticks.

That G in measure 63 is what I was talking about, I guess it isn't a double. I tried and tried but I never hit it. So I guess if you hit that squeeze then you dropped around 88 in ticks. Maybe I'll do a little more experimenting with this sucker tomorrow.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What path did you use on Cigarettes, mackey? Was it MADNelly's path? If so, then well done for overlapping on the third activation! I tried lots of times last night and just couldn't ever overlap, and so had to make do with alternative activations after it. Just about scraped 200k but can definitely improve a little, just not sure on reaching yours.

I need to upload my three pics so far but will try find time to play the others this weekend. I have to do some preparation for an internal job promotion but hopefully will have time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Chris, I wound up using Ruby Danger paths for every song this week. You'll get Cogarettes, Wedding Bands first try with the RD path.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
No Chris, I wound up using Ruby Danger paths for every song this week. You'll get Cogarettes, Wedding Bands first try with the RD path.

Thanks, mackey. Improved my Cigarettes score now, but dropped at least 90 points. Too much whammy and too many long notes = easy to drop ticks everywhere.

My scores, if I don't get a chance to play again, are as follows:

Sex On Fire - 97,329 (global first place)
Under Pressure - 114,474 (global second place)
Cigarettes, Wedding Bands - 200,442 (global second place)
Ex-Girlfriend - 129,654 (global third place)
Fame - 61,938 (global third place)
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) - 198,139 (global first place)
Play That Funky Music - 145,398 (global first place)

Total = 947,374

I could beat both Cigarettes, Wedding Bands and Ex-Girlfriend quite easily. If I could get the double in the latter then I would have been first place, but getting the second green note in m.63 is pretty hard. Also, the double on Fame is annoying because it's at the end and not the beginning, so I have to listen to the whole of that terrible song before restarting again.

But overall, not too bad. Got the two easy optimals and my sole first place is just because I got a couple of reverse ticks, though swear I may have dropped a couple at the same time. Oops.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for my update, and even though I'm first on 6/7 songs I can definitely say I won't be winning this week!

Play That Funky Music - Didn't need to play as already have optimal. Only difference now is that everyone else does as well
Fame - Added the extra 200 on the final squeeze for the optimal and a tie with mackey. Was fortunate to get it first time so didn't have to grind this rubbish any longer
Ex-Girlfriend - Got all the squeezes on RD's 100% path but dropped a shed load of ticks. Hopefully won't have to play again as that 2nd act is tough and I won't need the extras for the overall score due to.......
Cigarettes, Wedding Bands - Now this is a problem! This is the only style of song I haven't yet mastered on GH5 due to the whammying and tick holding and can't even beat my existing score, let alone anyone else's. Will grind out tonight in the hope that I get a lucky run!
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) - Added a few reverse ticks to tie with Chris but at least 8 and maybe 16 or more left
Under Pressure - Tied with mackey, but with xx,x90 after first so 8 more definitely possible
Sex On Fire - Same deal as PTFM. Already had optimal and now everyone else does

Overall - 6/7 firsts, although only Ex-Girlfriend as a solo first. Think I can maybe get at least an extra tick on both Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) and Under Pressure but we'll see. As for Cigarettes, Wedding Bands, well I'll play a few more times but if I can't get anywhere near I'll give it up and concentrate on the other two.

EDIT: Improved my existing Cigarettes, Wedding Bands score by 256 pts to get to 200,222 and whilst still aways to go there is definitely room for optimism as I'm getting the hang of the ticks and I believe I missed at least one back end!

EDIT 2: Getting closer....added another 106 pts to get to 200,328. I know I missed a back end so should be able to get to 200,5xx eventually!

EDIT 3: Getting even closer....added a further 148 pts to get to 200,476. Got all the squeezes but typically enough dropped too many ticks. Running out of GH time now so not sure I'll get another chance to beat this which is a shame as I'm slowly crawling towards the section lead!

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final scores for me this week:

Play That Funky Music - 145,398 - easy optimal.
Fame - 61,938 - tried the last squeeze twice and missed it both times, not going to try again because the song is too terrible for me to listen to.
Ex-Girlfriend - 129,702 - pretty sure you can get another 200 on the first activation, but I could never get that or get the double in the second activation.
Cigarettes, Wedding Bands - 200,902 - global first place, thank you very much.
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) - 198,139 - couple more ticks out there, but didn't try again.
Under Pressure - 114,474 - could possibly beat, but not going to have the time to try.
Sex On Fire - 97,329 - easy optimal.

Overall - 947,882 and first place...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm a huge David Bowie fan, I can agree that Fame wasn't one of his best songs. I liked Just Dance more :P
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might as well post my final scores as well.

Play That Funky Music - 145,398 - Optimal.
Fame - 62,138 - Optimal.
Ex-Girlfriend - 129,734 - 2nd place -72. I was never able to hit the 2nd act squeeze, and not for lack of trying.
Cigarettes, Wedding Bands - 200,858 - 2nd place -44. There's still tons of points left in this song.
Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix) - 198,127 - 3rd place -12. You guys are monsters at reverse ticking. Either that or I'm literal garbage at it. Take your pick.
Under Pressure - 114,482 - Tied for 1st. At least 8 left.
Sex on Fire - 97,329 - Optimal. I forgot this song was even included. I played it once at the beginning of the week, got optimal and didn't think about it again.

I replayed Cigarettes, Wedding Bands today to try to take back 1st place overall. Turns out I missed a back-end on my previous run. I didn't beat Chrisssss' score, but I did gain 264 points. So, unless one of you sweeps in at the last second and takes it back...

Sideshow - 948,066 - Overall 1st place by 184.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Even though I'm a huge David Bowie fan, I can agree that Fame wasn't one of his best songs. I liked Let's Dance more :P

Fixed that for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39

Jump to: