ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
splitscreen videos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: splitscreen videos Reply with quote

I've been wanting to learn how to make splitscreen videos for a bit of time now so I can have hands videos of some of my better FCs as well as to make HOMBFC videos sometime in the future. To this end I have a few questions.

1.) What program, exactly, should I really go for? I've seen Adobe premiere and Sony Vegas thrown around, and I'm aware of Vegas's price tag ($600? whoo...). Considering that the most I'd probably want to do with my videos besides splitscreens is adding in captions or transitions, should I stomach the price for Vegas or go with Premiere?

2.) How exactly do I actually make the splitscreens? Here I really just want a basic step-by-step procedure on how to make the splitscreens and implement things like the captions and such, as well as any changes to get them on YT. A guide posted by someone here or a link to a good process for this would be helpful!

(as an addendum to question 2, I'd also like to learn how to make sure certain tracks don't have their music played. For instance, since I don't exactly have any way to capture video directly from the game itself and have to use an external camera, I wouldn't want to have the vocal track to a HOMBFC be overly prominent, for instance.)

I have searched through the database and have found a couple of somewhat helpful threads. This topic is more of a re-assertion of what you all think would be best, in case any new info doesn't jive with what's been said before.

I would be greatly indebted if you could answer these!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: splitscreen videos Reply with quote

As far as I know, Vegas is the most popular choice.

As for how to do it, well, you can google that and find an answer pretty easily.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Production Suite (whew...), which has served me well. I make lots of videos, as you may or may not know.

It was around $30 on Amazon when I got it, and it's done absolutely everything I've needed it to.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
meister  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked a bunch of reviews before I got my video editing software. I decided to get power director 10. It is pretty cheap and you can do split screen and make masks to show part of one video on top of another one. Here's a sample video I made, I threw it together pretty quickly so I caould have done a better job, but you can see it does the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJB1MTktF6k

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use Kdenlive because it respects your freedom
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: