ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fight Stick
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaww  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i created this thread, I had some gut feeling I'd see you sooner or later. x)
Squirrel wrote:

It also depends how crafty you are. It only costs $50 for a set of Sanwa buttons, and a joystick. If you wanted to make a casing out of something that you have laying around (Wood works great if you want a hefty stick, and layer the top with plexiglass so that the buttons has something to snap onto), and then you can buy a SF4 SE stick and use the internals to talk to the xbox (or my favorite, hacking a $25 wired xbox 360 controller), you can make an awesome stick for under $100.

That sounds like a really interesting project. Maybe after i buy a a nicer stick (come round march I'm going to just buy a straight new one from madcatz website, like a SFxT one or something), I might look into that, using the SE i just bought. Having a wood stick would be kickass.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
When i created this thread, I had some gut feeling I'd see you sooner or later. x)
Squirrel wrote:

It also depends how crafty you are. It only costs $50 for a set of Sanwa buttons, and a joystick. If you wanted to make a casing out of something that you have laying around (Wood works great if you want a hefty stick, and layer the top with plexiglass so that the buttons has something to snap onto), and then you can buy a SF4 SE stick and use the internals to talk to the xbox (or my favorite, hacking a $25 wired xbox 360 controller), you can make an awesome stick for under $100.

That sounds like a really interesting project. Maybe after i buy a a nicer stick (come round march I'm going to just buy a straight new one from madcatz website, like a SFxT one or something), I might look into that, using the SE i just bought. Having a wood stick would be kickass.

Hehe, we're talking about fight sticks, of course you would XD

Being you have an SE stick still, you can cheat like I did, and do this. I left in the Hori buttons, because with the huge box, it felt just right.

BEHOLD: BIG SEXY!

The 2nd stick is a 4 way stick that soldered in with the 8 way stick, for those pesky mame games that only like 4 directions, like Donkey Kong and Pac-Man.

The stick measures 6 inches high with 2 inch rubber feet, so I could sit on the floor and have the stick at the right height.

The contents: A tekken 5 ps2 stick that I never used anymore, a $25 3rd party wired xbox 360 controller, and plywood that my dad had.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty amazing. So did you make it bigger just for extra wrist room or any reason? just wanted to show the world you could do it with wood?
So you just added another stick by soldering that one to the first? hm. very cool, indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
That is pretty amazing. So did you make it bigger just for extra wrist room or any reason? just wanted to show the world you could do it with wood?
So you just added another stick by soldering that one to the first? hm. very cool, indeed.

The original top piece of plywood was actually built into my old Blasteroids arcade cabinet, so I can turn it into MAME. When I ended up selling Blasteroids (I converted it back to original), I kept the top part, to be used for something else. I really enjoyed the big size of the stick, although I would never take it to a tournament... too big to carry around. I did love the arcade sized control panel though, felt very solid.

I just very recently converted a stick that I held onto (the ps2/xbox control board died inside), into a super NES stick. Same deal, although this one was a bit tougher to solder onto the board. I had to scrape away some traces.

And a shot of it in action, along with my streaming setup:

Klaww  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome.
correct me if i'm wrong, but is that power rangers on the Tv there? If so, im glad im not the only one who loved that game. haha
Since i'm in electronics classes now and understand whats going on in these pictures, i might get into some projects like these. still seem very hard to pull of switching it play one system to a different one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course i would get my stick and the square button would be broken. -_-
Either im going to ask the guy for a full refund or get a half refund and replace the parts myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
Thats awesome.
correct me if i'm wrong, but is that power rangers on the Tv there? If so, im glad im not the only one who loved that game. haha
Since i'm in electronics classes now and understand whats going on in these pictures, i might get into some projects like these. still seem very hard to pull of switching it play one system to a different one.

Yep, MMPR Fighting Edition.

Lord Zedd is so much fun to play as, and we found a jumping infinite with lipsyncher.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after some odd...ebay..happenings, i guess. I guess i'm going to keep the stick with broken button and just buy sanwa buttons now.
They are pretty easy to replace aren't they? just take em out and reconnect the wire?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
So after some odd...ebay..happenings, i guess. I guess i'm going to keep the stick with broken button and just buy sanwa buttons now.
They are pretty easy to replace aren't they? just take em out and reconnect the wire?

Super easy. Also, you don't need all 8 buttons, I only use 6. You can swap out one of the end buttons and have a working stick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: