Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NBA 2013 Playoffs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k3v227  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: NBA 2013 Playoffs Reply with quote

I know the first round is over with, but it's never too late to create a thread for this I'm just gonna keep this thread in an open-ended format I guess.

TLDR: Bulls Bulls Bulls.

I'm paying attention to the Heat vs Bulls for one reason, Bulls. Two reasons actually because I want to see the Heat/Lebron fail every time the play basketball. I have nothing against heat fans, I just don't like Lebron... And YES I do understand he's really good and will be one of the best all-time players.

ANYWAY, I'm really excited about this series (Heat vs Bulls) in particular. Derrick Rose might make a comeback, which would be great because we NEED him to win. We are already up 1-0 on the Heat, which is incredible (literally...). The Bulls bench is performing so well in the playoffs and, as a Bulls fan, each game is fantastic to watch. The rest of the series is going to be very intense and fun to watch.

I'll say it one last time for good measure, Bulls.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also really enjoying the playoffs thus far. The two teams that I follow are the Bulls also (being from around Chicago) and the Pacers. The Pacers look really flat after that first game against the Knicks but I am also mainly hoping the Bulls pull through and at least make it a close series. Unfortunately, game 2 doesn't look too hot at halftime. Apparently they were speculating D Rose's return for game 3. I know that he would probably not play much and not very well, but I feel like that coupled with being at home would be a humongous morale boost for the rest of the team.
NU Grad 2015
k3v227  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamelTower wrote:
Apparently they were speculating D Rose's return for game 3. I know that he would probably not play much and not very well, but I feel like that coupled with being at home would be a humongous morale boost for the rest of the team.

Yeah the Bulls might need it after lose by about 40 points today.... I really hope he decides to come back :/

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulls met my expectations on Monday, getting a win in the series to prevent the sweep. I seriously doubt even Rose coming back will stop the train that is the Miami Heat.

The Heat remind me of the 1997-98 Bulls, three core stars and a strong supporting cast. Not to mention the fact that everyone in the US, with the exception of their hometown, hates their guts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about the Knicks. Somehow, despite Anthony shooting like shit, JR Smith shooting like shit, and the Pacers being unbelievable from 3 point range (until the last quarter of game 2) the Knicks managed to stay close in game 1 and win game 2. Hopefully Smith and Anthony wake up and make it a little easier.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the Warriors actually made it into the second round of the playoffs for a change. I further can't believe that they have even a puncher's chance of taking down the awe-inspiring Spurs. But they just might! Steph Curry has just been on some sort of borderline-impossible lights-out tear with his shooting. Honestly, win or lose, it's been a level of artistry that's been absolutely captivating to watch.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
I can't believe the Warriors actually made it into the second round of the playoffs for a change. I further can't believe that they have even a puncher's chance of taking down the awe-inspiring Spurs. But they just might! Steph Curry has just been on some sort of borderline-impossible lights-out tear with his shooting. Honestly, win or lose, it's been a level of artistry that's been absolutely captivating to watch.

Hell yeah! My Cavs have been on a downward slide for a few years, so I've been keeping up with the Warriors (as they're one of the most exciting teams to watch in the league). Even without David Lee, they're standing up to and beating up on "better teams." I can't wait to watch Game 3 tonight.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

bclare  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey.

Steph Curry is pretty awesome. If they pull off the series win over the Spurs I will be very impressed, and I think it's possible. This might be the year that Tim Duncan is just not quite up to the task of carrying a championship team anymore.

Heat-Bulls, I was disappointed in game 1 but since has been okay. The Heat need to play better overall and I'm very concerned about Wade's health, but considering the troubles every other team has had in the playoffs I'm still optimistic. Rose will not (and should not) come back. That's been true all series but especially now. It's not worth jeopardizing his future to try to win a few more games this year. With all the other injuries they have, they wouldn't be a very serious contender even with him playing (and surely he'd come back rusty)

I don't give a shit about the Knicks-Pacers. One of those teams will win the series, then lose to the Heat in the conference finals unless something terrible happens.

RLKDragon - how old are you? I mean, how well do you remember 1997-98? Because it's my recollection that the Bulls were outrageously popular at that time across the country. Sure diehard fans of other teams didn't like them, but overall they saw nothing like the reaction the Heat got their first year together (which has been much milder recently).
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*facepalms* I really think the Spurs are going to be haunted by blowing game 4. They had their chance to really deliver the knockout blow to the Warriors, and they blew it. The Warriors terrify me; giving them any chance to hang around is just asking for trouble. If no one goes off, the Spurs can beat them(see game 3), but that's just it; everyone on that team can shoot, and if isn't Curry or Thompson, it's Jack, or Barnes, or someone else.

The Spurs haven't been the same since around the All-Star Break, and while I was really hoping they had found a rhythm again, it doesn't seem like it. It should come down to the wire, and I'm not going to be even remotely surprised if the Warriors win this series. I feel this year is their last chance to win a title with this core, though last year was their best chance before the entire Thunder team went supernova for 4 straight games.

Memphis seems to have the series against the Thunder wrapped up, and I'd probably favor them over whoever wins Spurs-Warriors to make the finals. Same goes for Miami and whoever they play amongst the Knicks-Pacers, except I'd give Miami even better odds to make it back to the finals.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not a miami fan by any means but seriously, who is going to even compete with them? the east is weak so they'll be well rested for the finals and will most likely win in 5 games no matter who they play.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
im not a miami fan by any means but seriously, who is going to even compete with them? the east is weak so they'll be well rested for the finals and will most likely win in 5 games no matter who they play.

If they reach the Finals, the Spurs would give the Heat the most challenge. That potential series could go either way, but I agree right now, the Heat are just too strong for the East to compete with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Knicks are a team that match up great against the Heat. However, they look like shit when it comes to teams like the Bulls or Pacers so they'll never seem them. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures that I go all worrying and such, and then the Spurs turn in perhaps their best performance since March. That's definitely re-assuring. The main concern I have now is that this series has clearly drained both teams. Game 1 goes to double overtime, game 4 goes to overtime, and every single game has happened with one day of rest in between. Every other series has had at least one game with two days of rest, sans this one. Game 6 is also going to be played with only one day of rest, and I just don't get why it's scheduled like that.

If Memphis finishes off the Thunder tomorrow, they've gotta be chomping at the bit to take on either of those two teams in their current states. Their very physical style of basketball is only going to magnify the fatigue factor.

As for Miami, I've seen that really physical, defensive teams seem to stand at least some chance at beating the Heat, such as the Grizzlies, Pacers, and Bulls. As for the Spurs, they could beat Miami if they play like they did tonight, all the time. Yet I'm just not sure what team will show up. Is it the one that nearly beat the Heat in Miami with their backups? Or is it the one that DID get beaten by Miami's backups + Chris Bosh(who, for some reason, felt like shooting a ton of 3's in that game), in San Antonio?

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
The Knicks are a team that match up great against the Heat. However, they look like shit when it comes to teams like the Bulls or Pacers so they'll never see them. XD

Always can count on you to be a Knicks homer

I don't know what part of the knicks roster matches up well with the Heat other than maybe Tyson Chandler, who isn't 100% healthy. Don't act like the regular season games mattered, because the two games the knicks beat the heat by a lot were in like the first month of the season, before the heat started playing well.
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Warriors. But eh, that they made the playoffs at all was reward enough, and that they managed to actually make it to a second playoff opponent was just gravy. As expected, after a couple of rocky games, the Spurs managed to adapt and refine their approach; that's what they do, after all. But I'm just happy that the Warriors hung tight, and didn't ridiculously embarrass themselves, and pretty much had some skin in the game 'til the last. That'll do, Golden State.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: