ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Advice on how to alternate between 2 notes quickly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlottesophie  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Advice on how to alternate between 2 notes quickly? Reply with quote

I can kind of do it already, but not super fast.
An example would be the first alternating blue and orange note section in Impulse, which I can do all the time, but the second section of blue and orange alternating notes I can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249k6HK7SEY
I can do 3:29, but not 3:49, to put it simply.

Are there any ways to insure I can do it every time? I find it pretty difficult to do it consistently and without moving my entire hand to the orange and blue frets so that my first two fingers rest on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, they're called trills, just like 3 repeating notes (GRY, etc.) would be called triplets and four would be called quads.

Secondly, shifting up to fourth position (pointer on blue, middle on orange) or third (pointer on yellow) might actually be a good idea to hit the faster trill. I do suggest you practice both and be sure you can slide down in time to hit the green note that starts the outro. If you think your pinky's up to it (which it sounds like it isn't) 2nd would work, but 3rd or 4th position would be your best bet.

Hope that helps.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping you anchor the lower note? By which I mean keep one finger on B while the other taps O? If you're switching fingers for each note it would be way too fast to keep up. Assuming you're already anchoring, the only advice I could give is to try tapping the Oranges? It's tough to get used to, but at those speeds it might be the easiest way, especially since you can spam the O, in GH3 at least. So you can start the trill normally, in second position, hit B with your ring finger and O with your pinky, and then bring your right hand up and hit the rest of the O's with a finger from that hand. Best way to hit faster trills, for sure.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
charlottesophie  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I'm hoping you anchor the lower note? By which I mean keep one finger on B while the other taps O? If you're switching fingers for each note it would be way too fast to keep up. Assuming you're already anchoring, the only advice I could give is to try tapping the Oranges? It's tough to get used to, but at those speeds it might be the easiest way, especially since you can spam the O, in GH3 at least. So you can start the trill normally, in second position, hit B with your ring finger and O with your pinky, and then bring your right hand up and hit the rest of the O's with a finger from that hand. Best way to hit faster trills, for sure.

Yeah, I do anchor.
Thanks for the help! c:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: