Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bass GH Accomplishments - Chemical Warfare 1st Place
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris35710  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your console... If EVER I lose any of my progress on GH games I will give it up!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone.. it's been years since since I've posted here. I recently found a love for guitar hero again and I've been playing it quite frequently.
I am currently going for some higher scores within WOR, therefore I will be posting some updates in this thread!

Here are a few new first places I got recently:

I know what I am: https://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=18&game=49&platform=2&size=1&inst1=2&inst=2&tier=50&diff=4&song=1005&page=1 (the last tick was annoying to get).

Losing My Religion: https://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=18&game=49&platform=2&size=1&inst1=2&inst=2&tier=50&diff=4&song=1015&page=1

Renegade: https://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=18&game=49&platform=2&size=1&inst1=2&inst=2&tier=50&diff=4&song=1032&page=1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,
Got bored of squeezing for now so I'm going to run GH5 (never played it!) to up my bass total.
Not going to squeeze specifically but I will follow paths the best I can.

Looking forward to getting this FGFC!

Let's go!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see people still playing console GH. Been seeing your name on the front page every so often, including some WoR 1st place scores a bit ago, which is super impressive.

Based on your GHM and WoR success, the GH5 FGFC shouldn't pose too much of a threat, but at least 21CSM will be interesting to see how that goes. Looking forward to seeing the progress .

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Nice to see people still playing console GH. Been seeing your name on the front page every so often, including some WoR 1st place scores a bit ago, which is super impressive.

Based on your GHM and WoR success, the GH5 FGFC shouldn't pose too much of a threat, but at least 21CSM will be interesting to see how that goes. Looking forward to seeing the progress .

Thanks.
I looked at the chart and yeah that outro will for sure give me a hard time lol.
We shall see when I reach it.

Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 21CSM, it helped me to slide my index finger to hit red and yellow on the zig zag. Doing it with 3 fingers just didn't work.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the squeezing lately! I've been losing firsts left and right lol. Still seems like you got a ways to go to overtake me for first overall though :P

Good luck with GH5, shouldn't give you much trouble outside of 21CSM as others said. Just practice the outro for a while and I'm sure you'll be fine.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
iAMhorribl3  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Great job on the squeezing lately! I've been losing firsts left and right lol. Still seems like you got a ways to go to overtake me for first overall though :P

Good luck with GH5, shouldn't give you much trouble outside of 21CSM as others said. Just practice the outro for a while and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Haha thanks man. Yeah that 24k does seem soo far away. Excellent job getting that far ahead.

I'll for sure have to practice the outro many times for 21CSM. But I think I will get it eventually once I get there.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First update since starting GH5:

Progress is coming along for FGFC.

Fun level? I'd rate it probably a 4/10. A lot of songs Ive come across are repetitive, long and boring songs on bass.

Difficulty level? 3/10. Haven't come across any challenges yet. I SRFC'd the first 35 songs then had a few silly chokes. I also grabbed a few 1st place optimal SR's.

Favorite songs so far?

- Song 2: Grew up listening to the song.
- The Rock Show: Grew up listening to the song.
- What I got: Grew up listening to the song.
- Disconnected: Overall catchy song and sort of fun to play. Here's link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuRuPO1c8Y&ab_channel=ItsGeofff
- One Big Holiday: Great song.
- Demon(s): I'm a metal guy so good stuff. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSm6atzOkUQ&t=3s&ab_channel=ItsGeofff

My thoughts overall? Not a huge fan yet. Not the greatest setlist in my opinion so far in the series.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited by iAMhorribl3 on Fri May 20, 2022 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAMhorribl3
Flewer  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the game is not as challenging as other GH games (even Activision said that GH:WoR was made to please the fans that wanted harder songs because most of them played on Expert, and GH5 was a bit of a letdown for them), however the engine is probably one of the best in the GH series (along BH). In that regard, I find it enjoyable to play as I do not have that much frustration playing 60 FPS locked console games (and I play on Wii, sometimes the FPS do not go as high as 50).

Great job on the FCs, I am sure you will complete the FGFC soon ! 21CSM is gonna be tough though, good luck !
CyanCrayon86948  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you can get to 80/85 without having to do any of the tough stuff. The songs in Fjord might get a bit tough, but I'm sure you'll get those quick.

Lust For Life, Superstition, and Sympathy For The Devil are all very fun charts on bass.

DYFLWD and 21CSM are extremely boring songs with some mega BS at the end, practice those a lot before doing runs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: CyanCrayon86948
iAMhorribl3  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update:

I started up GH:VH because a friend wanted to play it. I realized I only needed a few FC's that I had left over from 2013.

I ended up getting the last FC I needed tonight - Hot For Teacher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBwOIHwMkJw&ab_channel=ItsGeofff
This probably took a solid 20 tries to get the outro due to the awkward strumming.

I'm pretty happy it's done though!

I'm debating what game to finish next:

- GH5: -13 (I got pretty bored of this game fast..)
- World Tour: -20
- Smash Hits: -2
- Metallica: -7

Suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iAMhorribl3 wrote:

I'm debating what game to finish next:

- World Tour: -20
- Smash Hits: -2
- Metallica: -7

Suggestions?

I would start with Smash Hits if you're only down to 2 songs (I'm guessing it's Free Bird and TTFAF), then go for GHM, because you already did like all the hard songs.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iAMhorribl3 wrote:

That checks out. You're almost there, though. Keep it up.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for WT, that was one of my favorite games on bass. One of the harder FGFCs, too
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD