ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1: New Get Ready 2 Rokk SP Paths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k3v227  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: GH1: New Get Ready 2 Rokk SP Paths Reply with quote

**I understand that this post should probably go in the Star Power FAQs forum, but I feel like no one reads those anymore because of slowhero.com. So I think posting this here is the next best thing and more people will actually read this here.**

Here are the only 2 paths to ever consider for this song forever (if you can do the pause trick). Basically these paths utilize the pause trick which allows you to get the first SP phrase after the 2nd activation (reliably). The ability to get this SP phrase makes both of the following paths better than anything on slowhero for this song, so enjoy. NONE OF THESE PATHS NEED THE PAUSE TRICK FOR THE LAST ACTIVATION (it's 200 points worse to activate right away and it would be super difficult to do).

How to do the pause trick
General tip: You can hopo all of, or strum a few notes of the and then pause for the 2nd activation.

PATH #1:

First of all I must give credit to FingerQuick for modifying the pre-solo activation (5th act) which gives about 50 more points. Thanks for the find.

This path does not require the post-solo activation so this should be the one most people use because it is WAY easier to do. Also this path only uses SP over the first half of the solo, so that is good for anyone who isn't strong at the 2nd half. There are a lot of activations for this because this path uses every SP phrase, so there is a fair amount of trial and error with learning this path.

Tips for this path:

1) You can modify the solo activation (6th act) by not whammying any of the phrases and activating on the solo. You will lose about 100 or so points due to this, but it is MUCH easier to do and more reliable. Another important part of this activation is to not activate too late or you could miss the SP phrase in the middle of the solo.

2) You can move the 2nd to last activation back or forward a note depending on how much whammy you can get. In regards to that, you can skip whammying the first sustain of the SP phrase in the middle of the solo and then move the 2nd to last activation back 1 beat if that seems easier to do.

Here is a demonstration of what this path looks like.

PATH #2:

This path DOES require the post-solo whammy activation for it to be better than path #1. This path isn't useful for most people because only a few people have ever gotten the whammy activation. Nevertheless, this path is similar to the path on slowhero, but is about 400-600 points better.

Tips for this path:

1) Getting the note on the 3rd act is possible, but requires pretty good whammy and very good squeezing. It is a little slightly easier than "Nearly Ideal" difficulty, but is still difficult to do because getting early whammy on the after the 2nd activation is tough.

2) You don't need to use the pause trick for the 4th activation, but you certainly can use it if you prefer to.

======================================================================================================

Thanks for reading. Please leave comments or ask questions!

Last edited by k3v227 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: k3v_227
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can these paths be real if guitar hero isn't real?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
k3v227  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
How can these paths be real if guitar hero isn't real?

McSkinny, you are what makes guitar hero real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i58.tinypic.com/33o0077.jpg

Thanks cutie. Missed 200 on the 2nd to last act because I thought I dropped a little whammy so I played it safe.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
k3v227  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamHero wrote:

Thanks cutie. Missed 200 on the 2nd to last act because I thought I dropped a little whammy so I played it safe.

Excellent score! Glad to see more people using this path ^.^

Side note: you should totally get more GH1 fc's...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:
AdamHero wrote:

Excellent score! Glad to see more people using this path ^.^

Side note: you should totally get more GH1 fc's...

He FGFCd it already XD
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: RaylanCloss95
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: