ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
492/660; 33/49 GH:M, Wherever I May Roam, Am I Evil?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: 492/660; 33/49 GH:M, Wherever I May Roam, Am I Evil? Reply with quote

Hello dark-siders. I'm malkieriking, and for those of you who don't frequent the RB side, I play a lot of RB. Unfortunately, I've always sucked at GH. I'm finally making pushes to get better at GH though, and I think I can have some fun doing so. As of Thanksgiving, I now have all of the console games, and while I'm not really look to compete with scores like I do on the RB side, I will be trying to get some FCs. I've actually done quite a bit of Band Hero stuff, but I never really thought of making one of these, especially because I've only passed GH3 TTFaF once, quite recently. I'm nowhere near the quality of everyone else who still plays today, but we'll see where I can get in the series with a little bit of work!

Here's my spreadsheet with my GH non-FCs; I've done good work in GH2 and 3 by now, with solid work on GH5 and VH, and at least a good start on every game except Metallica.

Last edited by malkieriking on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:52 am; edited 79 times in total
karkid26  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what FCs you have, I think you're about my skill level. Sorry

But really, you could get way more FCs. Panama? 2112 Pt. 1? It's an impressive list already in my opinion.
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks karkid. I honestly don't think I'm much better than you. You should give yourself a little more credit, especially with that shiny Brianstorm FC you've got there.

Did 6 more VH songs today. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Atomic Punk and Unchained were SRFCs. Cathedral was 2nd try, Beautiful Girls 2nd or 3rd try today after a SR yesterday, and So This Is Love is the dumbest song ever and should be stabbed in the chest 27 times. CARL!! THAT KILLS PEOPLE!!!

So many easy songs I haven't played yet and so many Mean Street chokes. Also, I got a few -1s on Jump today, so we could see that soon too, if I feel like grinding for it.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Mercurial  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please quit GH and stay on RB malki? :D

Love from Haruhi
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've decided I'm going to stream some GH stuff today for no good reason.

www.twitch.tv/malkieriking

The quality isn't the greatest, but it's not bad either. Any and all support is welcome.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Cryin' so much now. I've gotten about 25 FCs since last update, but that might just be what I consider my best so far. I've also started streaming on hitbox at [url]hitbox.tv/malkieriking1[/url], mostly because I'm scared of Twitch killing the audio on my VODs post stream due to the new rules.

Anyways, I thought Cryin' was worth a bump.

Image here: http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/proofs/21362/1114410.jpg

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a little bit of GH3 the last week. I'm getting better.
https://twitter.com/malkieriking1/status/1214426416399421440?s=20

Long story short, I'm at 63/70 FCs with NfmH and CoP left. I don't think I'll do Number of the Beast, but that would be the clear #66 if I try for it. Hopefully my improvement continues, even if I only update this thread every 5 years.

Mercurial  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've gotten so much better over the years. Keep at it! 65 is definitely viable for you, and I really don't think TwiE is out of your skill level either.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support! I hit most of NOTB solo 1 in practice, so 67 isn't out of the question. NOTB is more likely to be first because I don't have near the stamina for TWiE yet (and the solo is still not easy for me).

I started to clean up Warriors of Rock today. I'm taking a quick break but plan on doing more tonight; got to 40/93 (had to do a little guitar surgery in the middle of the day, but everything is working, which I can't say about my RB stuff :/) Did all easy stuff (Machinehead is not the FC Breakdown's claim for my easiest remaining song, but I think my skillset disagrees with a lot of the people who participated so it's usually pretty inaccurate for me), then just to see what level I'm at, did Unskinny Bop really quickly. I've been getting relatively okay scores for the most part as well, which is encouraging. It makes me think working on GH3 scores in the future is a good idea. Regardless, I'll see how close to 70 I can push this over the next couple weeks while maybe trying some CoP practice intermittently. I think once I hit 500/660 is when things will really start getting hard for me, but we'll see!

I'm excited to see what improvements I can make over the short and long term! For context, I'm at 357/660 right now, and there's plenty of easy stuff left (including essentially all of GH1, 80s, and half of GH5 and WoR). I don't have a really good PS2 controller right now (the one I have is fine if it would actually stay connected to the console, which is a bad sign for a wired controller), so GH1/2/80s probably won't see content soon, but the rest will.

EDIT: Came back and got Psychosocial this morning! Twitter is good enough for storing proofs, right? This makes 70 look super reasonable and probably pushing 75! Very good news for the 550/660 push, and maybe 575 is a better goal? We'll see as we get there, there's a lot to be learned.
https://twitter.com/malkieriking1/status/1218942903260762113?s=20

EDIT 2: I finished the actual easy songs, now everything has something in it that's tough. Feels Like the First Time is FC 59/93, and I'm gonna call it for the weekend. Leaving at 376/660, 400 probably happens this week!

JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the WoR progress, Psychosocial is pretty intense! It's always... interesting.. when your own skills and the breakdown vary so much, but there are a decent handful of songs left that shouldn't be too big an issue . Depending on how much work you want to put into it, I'd say that 75 is definitely within reach. After that, there's only a few left that are ugly but reasonable, and then everything quickly goes to hell

Hope the other games offer good results too! I look forward to seeing you finish the easier songs and get a better idea on what's possible and not. 550 is a great goal for now, with 575 not being out of the question. I'm just under the 575 mark myself, so I know the struggle .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Johnny. I'm definitely gonna stretch for 560 at least now (-100 is pretty round), but if the FCs keep coming, I'll keep playing!

Played through a bunch of GH5 today, got to 399, and wanted a stretch/cool 400th FC. Well, I got one! Spirit of Radio is a cool FC, proof is here in this tweet:
https://twitter.com/malkieriking1/status/1221317801253711873?s=20

I'll maybe try and clean GH5 up to 75ish tomorrow. Exciting progress though!

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz on 400/660! I haven't focused nearly as much on Expert as righty as I would've 8 or so years ago, so I think I'm probably nearly at 400 myself. Good luck with 500!

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Voided!

Just choked the outro of You Give Love a Bad Name, but I'm confident I can get the purple solo again (strumming the first 2 notes of the purples has yielded me some pretty alright success).

Either way, got 5 more tonight (in ascending difficulty order, Runnin' Down A Dream, Saturday Nights Alright (For Fighting), Wolf Like Me, 2 Minutes to Midnight, and Superstition), and I'm coming to a close on the GH5 chapter I think. 79 is probably the stretch stop point right now if I can get American Girl, but I'll definitely put in scores for the whole game.

It's likely I clean up Metallica after this because I try to avoid WT like the plague (and I have the really easy 50 or so done on that game). I'll look into getting a PS2 guitar next month as well to get going on all the GH1/2/80s stuff that's really ripe still. Either way, getting scores in on every song in the 660 is a mild priority, and I still have 200 songs without one (plus a handful of shamefully old 3* and 4* scores on GH2 that I haven't played in more than a decade). Lots to come in the following weeks/months!

pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do it i believe in you
determination motivation and confidence helps
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad to see that someone else is still grinding the XGuitar 660 series!
Ill be watching your progress bro, good luck!
I can already see that day when you hit 600/660 which might see hard now but you will get there one day, i remember when i was at the point you are now and i thought 600XFCs wouldnt ever happen, but it didnt take too long when i realized i can easily get there. You will get better and better every day.

GH1 FCs: 46/47 | GH2 FCs: 63/64 | GH80s FCs: 30/30 | GH3 FCs: 68/70 | GHA FCs: 41/41 | GHWT FCs: 85/86 | GHM FCs: 48/49
GHSH FCs: 47/48 | GH5 FCs: 85/85 | GHVH FCs: 46/47 | GHWoR FCs: 89/93 | Total FCs: 648/660 | Old School 207/211!!!
Best FC: Ballroom Blitz!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: